Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

A Questions for Moderators only

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2002, 04:56 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I post this question for Mods only as I dont want this thread to turn into a yes and no debate, just a simple ansa will suffice.

Sometime back it was asked by a MOD if we wanted a Football Forum and there were a lot of fors and a lot of againsts, I can never remember seeing a definate outcome from that post.

Was /Is it up for consideration??

Who decides??

Just looking at posts in Non Scooby related there are 6+ Football threads, all good natured stuff and usually its the same old characters posting, Its nice to bump into people in these threads that u havent had a bit of banter with for a while and see how they are, I also believe it brings the Scooby community a bit closer together, always nice when you meet at a "meet".

I once belonged to a Football forum, it lasted two days because it was nothing but a slag fest with purile nasty comments, there was no point to it, I have only ever seen one footy thread get heated and it was doused rapidly by another member telling them to cool it, I think ScoobyNet is an ideal place for a sane good humoured footy forum and i know from past threads i am not alone.

C'mon the World Cup is coming and non scooby is going to be full of it, if the computer guys can have their own......

I love my Scooby and I love my footy and its great to interact with likeminded souls as well as build up relationships all beit electronic ones.

So do we stand a chance??

Like I said no hijacking let the Mods or "SuperMod" answer

Thanks for your time

Dave

Old 11 April 2002, 05:06 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

I fecking hate club footie - love following England abroad especially fighting
LOL

Seriously I think for the world cup we should have a seperate forum and see how it goes for after...I'll bring it to SdB's attention cos he's busy at the mo...
Old 11 April 2002, 05:09 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

IIRC there was a suggestion for a sports forum a while ago, about the same time as the computer forum was suggested. I think Simon put it to the vote or at least asked if anyone was interested, I don't think there was a big enough response to warrant it, however you do have a very good point with the world cup coming as there are bound to be lots of threads about. Why don't you suggest it to Simon using the button at the bottom of the page.

Sal