Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Play.com, what a bunch of jokers.

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2011, 05:22 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Play.com, what a bunch of jokers.

You would think that ordering something like a hoodie would be straight forward, not at play.com it isn`t.

In early December i ordered a hoodie in XXL, it arrived early january and was totally the wrong item. They sent me a hoodie that was totally different to what i ordered, not only was it the wrong item they had sent a medium when i had ordered XXL.

I rang them up and explained this, whilst on the phone they processed a replacement to be sent out. It arrived yesterday, its exactly the same as above which is the wrong item again.

People make errors but to make the same **** up twice is comical, the bit that gets me is they expect you to make 2 trips to a post office to return the items seperatley on 2 different return numbers and then pay for the postage yourself. They refund you £1.50 for postage once the returns are processed which is their standard rate, any more than that and you have to send a reciept by post to claim the extra back.

Its £1.95 for a standard 2nd class package, so that means you have to make 2 trips to a post office to return the wrong items then you have to send off 2 seperate letters with reciepts in to claim the extra postage back.

Ive no problem with the first error as these things happen, its getting it wrong twice and then having all the hassle above to return the wrong items back to them when its their **** up in the first place.
Old 17 January 2011, 05:25 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

I've had problems with them before with an order, not soo much an incorrect order but just the ammount of time the order took to get here.
Old 17 January 2011, 05:25 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Never had any problems myself, that said don't think I've ever had to return anything.
Old 17 January 2011, 05:56 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

You never know, all those trips to the post office and the medium may fit you in the end

Only kidding. Its probably that whoever has allocated the picking number to that hoodie has got it mixed up. If thats the case they may have had lots of returns but just not bright enough to fix the problem.
Old 17 January 2011, 06:59 PM
Proby521
Scooby Regular

That's a right pain in the ****! I use play.com pretty regular, but never had to return anything as usually just DVD's. I very rarely but clothes online for that reason with the returns, unless I have a same brand item and know it will fit ok, not that it would of made any difference with the **** up they made of your order!
Old 17 January 2011, 07:26 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a disagreement with Play.com about their pathetic limit on postage ... they advise 'Registered' Mail - but refuse to pay for anything above standard postage!!!

So, they sent me a faulty item and I have to post it back and lose out through it???? I don't think so!!!!

Of course, me being me - they paid the full price of registered post, replaced the item and refunded my CC the whole amount ........... a County Court suggestion works wonders

I still use them as 90% of the time everything is just fine.
Old 17 January 2011, 07:30 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

never had an issue and ordered lots of different stuff from them
Old 17 January 2011, 07:48 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

Hoodie??? Do they sell crack pipes