Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

birthday soon......game cube worth waiting for?

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2002, 11:16 PM
Spudgun VI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

always been a fan of nintendo, but had my fingers burnt by n64. very few games, and overpriced.
my birthday is on the 3rd of may, and apparently thats when this cube thingy is launched.
so is it worth waiting for (as opposed to xbox/ps2) or will my girlfriend be cheesed off that ive made her buy me a sh1te prezzie?

anyone here got a game cube? any good?

thanks for any advice. oh, and not to much computer jargon please, or my brain wont take it in
Old 10 April 2002, 11:46 PM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Wink

Mario <-- nuff said
Old 10 April 2002, 11:48 PM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Wink

I mean...Luigi <-- nuff said
Old 11 April 2002, 08:05 AM
HGV1 Driver
Scooby Regular

Get the disc from Dixons to look at, not bad.

Jon
Old 11 April 2002, 08:21 AM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Hi ya spud me old mucker,
i bought the gamecube when it was new in Japan last year, the games have nice graphics n all but its still missing a really good game, in fact now i think about it, i havent even turned my gamecube on in about 3 months!

I would say wait and see, cos i think the gamecube, unless it gets some seriously decent games released quickly is running the risk of sinking without a trace.

I've seen demo's of mario and mario kart which look good, but where on earth are they!!

I'm starting to think nintendo rushed the cube (certainly in Japan and America) to get it out before the xbox and there is no real killer 'must have' game for it currently.

Pop round to mine and have a play and make your own mind up if you wish? (you can play back to back against xbox and make your own conclusion).

Edited to say, of the 4 games i've got for my cube, is it my imagination or are they all set on skill level thats quite low......

[Edited by ptholt - 4/11/2002 8:24:04 AM]
Old 11 April 2002, 08:48 AM
Spudgun VI
Scooby Regular

hiya pete

i was hoping people were gonna say "yeah its the business!"
now i'm not so sure.i will get down to yours as soon as i get chance, but for now, how do you compare the two, xbox vs cube?
listening to the radio the other day, they were saying sales of xbox havent been all that. i saw a demo of halo(?) in electronics boutique the otherday, and it didnt really blow my mind to be honest. is halo the best it can do?
i spose i just miss playing zelda on the old snes

good old days
Old 11 April 2002, 09:00 AM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Personally i think the answer lies in the fact that i havent turned my gamecube on since the xbox arrived.

Halo isnt the 'best' it can do, though it is a great first person shooting game if your into that sort of thing, for me probably my all time fave above half-life on the pc.

Rallisport challenge is the nuts and the graphics are awesome mate, possibly the best game for graphics on the xbox at the mo, if you like arcade style driving games, you'll love this.

Bear in mind the xbox has only been released in the last 6 months (since first day in the states) so the best is still to come, but there are some damn good games for it already - which sadly is more than i can say for the cube

get yersel round on sunday, you know you wanna

Trending Topics

Old 11 April 2002, 04:02 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

Talking

I got both my X Box and Gamecube last year and they are near identical in capabilities, Luigi's mansion = great game, got addicted and had to complete it!

Star Wars also kick *** but hard!

Extreme G3 wipes the floor with Xbox games all over! best game on the market without a doubt!

There were reports that the Gamecube is the fastest selling console ever which I can beleive because in Japan and the US people are mad for them, Xbox sales are low compared to Nintendo!

Old 11 April 2002, 07:54 PM
Spudgun VI
Scooby Regular

Smile

peter
pah! why would i want a ferrari...got summat better!

looks like i'll have to get both xbox and cube
which is the more expensive? whichever it is, she can buy it

any meets coming up peter?
Old 11 April 2002, 09:40 PM
Baja
Scooby Regular

Never owned a Nintendo but they seem to have a higher proportion of games aimed at kids. Got an PS2 and very tempted by the XBox but managed to resist for now. Mainly into driving games so quite happy with WRC, GT3 and F1 2001. Not perfect but they'll do until Colin McRae 3 and Toca Race Driver.

Favourite race game? F355 in the arcades.
Old 04 November 2002, 04:26 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Lol yet to play a cube game that i didnt complete shortly after purchase or got bored with in about two weeks!

I agree the graphics and little touches on luigi were superb, but it was soooo easy and very short (like most of the cube games sadly).

An easy summary is to to and look at [http://www.ign.com] and look at the reviews for the gamecube, theres hardly any over the high 8's! what does that tell you? Also count the number of games available for it and compare it to any other console. I think even the atari jaguar had more games released

Then change the category for xbox and see how many games there are and what sort ratings they get.

Havent played xtreme g3 myself, got put off by the reviews about it being far to short and easy (ooo was that an echo i just heard???)

Give me rallisport challenge any day of the week

Still, you could always get a ferrari for your birthday spudgun, there common as much round here

[Edited by ptholt - 4/11/2002 4:26:49 PM]
Old 04 November 2002, 08:42 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Don't worry spud, the ferrari comment wasnt aimed at you

why dont you just come round and try em both ya berk?
xbox is the more expensive tho if your wondering.

next meet is advertised in the southern section dear boy, seek and ye shall find and all that guff.

[Edited by ptholt - 4/11/2002 9:42:41 PM]