Nine charged with conspiracy after UK terrorism raids

Search this Thread

Old 27 December 2010, 07:17 AM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nine charged with conspiracy after UK terrorism raids

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12081828

We get a lot of these headlines and I tend to read over them with little more than a glance but in reality this could have been another tube bombing or worse.

I guess we owe some thanks to the continuing work our police and security services do.

The men charged from Cardiff are Gurukanth Desai, 28, of Albert Street; Omar Sharif Latif, 26, of Neville Street, and Abdul Malik Miah, 24, of Ninian Park Road.

Those charged from London are Mohammed Moksudur Rahman Chowdhury, 20, of Stanliff House, Tower Hamlets, and Shah Mohammed Lutfar Rahman, 28, of St Bernard's Road, Newham.

The four charged from Stoke-on-Trent are Nazam Hussain, 25, of Grove Street; Usman Khan, 19, of Persia Walk; Mohibur Rahman, 26, of North Road, and Abul Bosher Mohammed Shahjahan, 26, of Burmarsh Walk.
Old 27 December 2010, 07:53 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Agreed a little thanks often goes a long way.

On the subject of terrorists
Oh and the source not the Daily Wail either - http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...an-afghanistan

British-based men of Afghan origin are spending months at a time in Afghanistan fighting Nato forces before returning to the UK, the Guardian has learned. They also send money to the Taliban.

A Taliban fighter in Dhani-Ghorri in northern Afghanistan last month told the Guardian he lived most of the time in east London, but came to Afghanistan for three months of the year for combat.

"I work as a minicab driver," said the man, who has the rank of a mid-level Taliban commander. "I make good money there [in the UK], you know. But these people are my friends and my family and it's my duty to come to fight the jihad with them."

"There are many people like me in London," he added. "We collect money for the jihad all year and come and fight if we can."

They should e rounding up these scumbags and shooting them against a wall!
Old 27 December 2010, 09:16 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

The MCB seems to be keeping its head down...
Old 27 December 2010, 10:14 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Invading Afghanistan was such a good idea

A war we can't win and an excuse for the disaffected to go and fight for the jihad.

If we weren't there they'd have no quarrel.
Old 27 December 2010, 10:27 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by f1_fan

A war we can't win and an excuse for the disaffected to go and fight for the jihad.

They would find another reason, they aren't even Afghans ffs, just their "Muslim Brothers", strange thing is, the minute there is a turf dispute out there they blow the **** out of each other, they blow different sects of Muslims up and having known some of the double dealing and general financial mayhem that surrounds a few Muslim people I know they do seem to be capable of selling out their brothers (or sisters) for a few quid.

I really don't think it is all down to the war, I think they are a bit restricted and under pressure to conform and be a "Good Muslim", some rebel and do their own thing, some just get on with it but these seem to resent everything and anyone and get involved in a naughty little boys network, they get together and convince each other it would be a good idea to blow something up, I think they get too involved in the planning and covert nature of it and forget what its about, they are basically kids and to be honest I don't think guys of that age, unless very intelligent have the knowledge to really understand what they are doing and why, they are the Islamic equivalent of those in our own culture that say they hate "Pakis" but have no idea why, they just don't understand each other.
Old 27 December 2010, 11:46 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Disaffected? How so?

Many of these Jihadists and Islamists advocate the universal imposition of Islamic law.

The quarrel is there unless we adopt Islam as a system of law and government.
Old 27 December 2010, 12:16 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by J4CKO
They would find another reason, they aren't even Afghans ffs, just their "Muslim Brothers", strange thing is, the minute there is a turf dispute out there they blow the **** out of each other, they blow different sects of Muslims up and having known some of the double dealing and general financial mayhem that surrounds a few Muslim people I know they do seem to be capable of selling out their brothers (or sisters) for a few quid.

I really don't think it is all down to the war, I think they are a bit restricted and under pressure to conform and be a "Good Muslim", some rebel and do their own thing, some just get on with it but these seem to resent everything and anyone and get involved in a naughty little boys network, they get together and convince each other it would be a good idea to blow something up, I think they get too involved in the planning and covert nature of it and forget what its about, they are basically kids and to be honest I don't think guys of that age, unless very intelligent have the knowledge to really understand what they are doing and why, they are the Islamic equivalent of those in our own culture that say they hate "Pakis" but have no idea why, they just don't understand each other.

I'm struggling to argue with your reasoning there Jacko. Rebels without a clue. Thankfully they were apprehended in good time.

Trending Topics

Old 27 December 2010, 12:19 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

This might, just might be a contender for last Islamist thread of the year...
Old 27 December 2010, 12:22 PM
--------
Scooby Regular

they are basically kids and to be honest I don't think guys of that age, unless very intelligent have the knowledge to really understand what they are doing and why,.
You pretty much said it all, Afgans, Iraqi's etc., they are poorly educated which makes it even easier for them to be manipulated,brainwashed etc (Hitler brainwashed a fairly intelligent society a few years back,thats how easy it is to be manipulated) . By those in charge,an it isn't the fault of religion either.So when the "liberal" haters suggest "bombing them back to the stone age",you know that your listening to some un-educated (probably), brainwashed, terrorist wannabe.
Old 27 December 2010, 12:26 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Zip, Just a thought, but perhaps if nine Islamic fundamentalists hadn't been arrested for plotting to blow us up whilst we go about our lives then there wouldn't be a thread, perhaps if the security forces hadn't been on the ball we may be discussing a major loss of life, imagine an huge explosion in a busy shopping centre during the sales ?

I agree that there may be an element of trying to force their way of life onto us, I think its maybe because they are duty bound to follow it, whether they want to or not in a lot of cases, they don't like seeing us having fun, I think the whole thing is steeped in jealousy and feeling alienated.
Old 27 December 2010, 12:27 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
Disaffected? How so?

Many of these Jihadists and Islamists advocate the universal imposition of Islamic law.

The quarrel is there unless we adopt Islam as a system of law and government.
Change the record you tedious ****!!!
Old 27 December 2010, 12:28 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

They they are basically kids and to be honest I don't think guys of that age, unless very intelligent have the knowledge to really understand what they are doing and why
Dont make excuses for them, 6 of them were over 25
Old 27 December 2010, 12:34 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Zip, Just a thought, but perhaps if nine Islamic fundamentalists hadn't been arrested for plotting to blow us up whilst we go about our lives then there wouldn't be a thread, perhaps if the security forces hadn't been on the ball we may be discussing a major loss of life, imagine an huge explosion in a busy shopping centre during the sales ?

I agree that there may be an element of trying to force their way of life onto us, I think its maybe because they are duty bound to follow it, whether they want to or not in a lot of cases, they don't like seeing us having fun, I think the whole thing is steeped in jealousy and feeling alienated.
I'm not a fan of these type of threads, but agree with your comments to a point.
I don't think they are jealous etc, I think they are very weak minded and easily led by the nose by someone much higher up in their small world, who is egging them on to destroy all around them.
They are to be pitied, to be honest
Old 27 December 2010, 12:36 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Just thought I'd type it before any of the supposed sympathisers did (but I forgot to ad a )

I totally agree with you actually.
Old 27 December 2010, 01:57 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Change the record you tedious ****!!!
Does that mean you agree with him or disagree with him?
Or perhaps you are being ironic about your own posts?
Old 27 December 2010, 03:27 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

The problem is that though there would have been idiots like these regardless, the fact that we have invaded two Muslim countries just enhances their cause. Where there would have been one fanatic there is now ten.

Thanks Blair and Labour, this is the legacy you have left us with......
Old 27 December 2010, 06:14 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lee247
I'm not a fan of these type of threads, but agree with your comments to a point.
I don't think they are jealous etc, I think they are very weak minded and easily led by the nose by someone much higher up in their small world, who is egging them on to destroy all around them.
They are to be pitied, to be honest
They are not weak minded but deeply committed to their cause. How else could one contemplate suicide bombing for one's ideology?
Old 27 December 2010, 06:22 PM
--------
Scooby Regular

They are not weak minded but deeply committed to their cause. How else could one contemplate suicide bombing for one's ideology?
Lack of education (easier to brainwash)!! thus "contemplation" takes about 5 seconds. (Dont quote that doctor bloke who tried blowin up one of the Scotch airports,He's you-neek,a one -off!!
Old 27 December 2010, 06:23 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
The problem is that though there would have been idiots like these regardless, the fact that we have invaded two Muslim countries just enhances their cause. Where there would have been one fanatic there is now ten.

Thanks Blair and Labour, this is the legacy you have left us with......
But 9/11 took place before Iraq and Afghanistan.

It was planned whilst Clinton was in office.

The basic aim and cause of the Jihadists has nothing to do with Iraq and Afghanistan...they are just incidental. What you hear is just propaganda....if it's not Iraq, it's Israel, Burka bans, Danish cartoons....even go back to the Crusades, Moor defeat in Spain etc....anything to paint a narrative of victimhood.
Old 27 December 2010, 06:33 PM
--------
Scooby Regular

But 9/11 took place before Iraq and Afghanistan.

It was planned whilst Clinton was in office.

The basic aim and cause of the Jihadists has nothing to do with Iraq and Afghanistan...they are just incidental. What you hear is just propaganda....if it's not Iraq, it's Israel, Burka bans, Danish cartoons....even go back to the Crusades, Moor defeat in Spain etc....anything to paint a narrative of victimhood.
Do you think the middle east (oil producing countries)have been treated fairly by the West??? If the West insisted on Fair treatment of said countries YOU would be paying £15 a litre for petrol.AS it happens the only time the west has got (violently) involved is when Anti-western governments are in charge.In other words when the oil supply is threatned.
Yes, there is still manipulation at work, but at the same time the "population" which has the real strength (THERE ARE MORE OF THEM..ETC) HAS sympathy/Empathy with the terrorists.

Last edited by --------; 27 December 2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 27 December 2010, 06:44 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by --------
Lack of education (easier to brainwash)!! thus "contemplation" takes about 5 seconds. (Dont quote that doctor bloke who tried blowin up one of the Scotch airports,He's you-neek,a one -off!!
Many of the 9/11 bombs had degrees.

Of the 7/7 bombers Mohammad Sidique Khan had attended Leeds Met and worked as a 'learning mentor' at a Primary School, Shehzad Tanweer attended Leeds Met, Hasib Mir Hussain got a GNVQ and an AVCE.

Bilal Abdullah (2007 car bombings) was a Doctor, Kafeel Ahmed was studying for a Phd.

Saajid Badat (planned a shoe bombing) went to a good Grammer school and had attended collage to be an optometrist.
Old 27 December 2010, 06:48 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

FFS do we have to do this whole Muslims want to take over the world and they are all jihadists thing again!!! Enough is enough!! You are obsessed!!!!!

Mods please can we create an anti-Muslim sticky thread and dump any of these sort of things in it so we only have one thread with this crap.
Old 27 December 2010, 06:50 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by --------
Do you think the middle east (oil producing countries)have been treated fairly by the West??? If the West insisted on Fair treatment of said countries YOU would be paying £15 a litre for petrol.AS it happens the only time the west has got (violently) involved is when Anti-western governments are in charge.In other words when the oil supply is threatned.
Yes, there is still manipulation at work, but at the same time the "population" which has the real strength (THERE ARE MORE OF THEM..ETC) HAS sympathy/Empathy with the terrorists.
Fair? By what measure and compared to what?

America provides the security for said countries to trade and prosper. Local elites get paid for the oil.

***** and Communists both stole and plundered.

America as hegemon is even more fair that the British. We used the East India Company to rule India don't forget...a law unto themselves until the mutiny.

When Islam was a regional hegamon it insisted the conquered converted!
Old 27 December 2010, 06:52 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

FFS do we have to do this whole Muslims want to take over the world and they are all jihadists thing again!!! Enough is enough!! You are obsessed!!!!!

Mods please can we create an anti-Muslim sticky thread and dump any of these sort of things in it so we only have one thread with this crap.
Nobody is saying that.

Have you found a reason why the taxi Driver is disaffected yet?
Old 27 December 2010, 06:56 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

I suggested that and got shot down in flames.

Freedom of speech etc....
Old 27 December 2010, 06:58 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
I suggested that and got shot down in flames.

Freedom of speech etc....
Also people wouldn't have anything to moan about,both sides of the story.
Old 27 December 2010, 07:00 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Nobody is saying that.

Have you found a reason why the taxi Driver is disaffected yet?
Perhaps the increase in tuition fees means he'll have to do a double shift on Fridays to get his PhD.
Old 27 December 2010, 07:06 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

FFS do we have to do this whole Muslims want to take over the world and they are all jihadists thing again!!! Enough is enough!!
You could say enough is enough about the terrorist attacks but they carry on....
Old 27 December 2010, 07:07 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Christmas message, especially for TDW.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7vLvIO3eO4
Old 27 December 2010, 08:12 PM
--------
Scooby Regular

Fair? By what measure and compared to what?

America provides the security for said countries to trade and prosper. Local elites get paid for the oil.

YOU have hit the nail on the head..da, I quote " THE LOCAL ELITES GET PAID FOR THE OIL", BUT the LOCAL population gets $2 a month, when they start to object (who would'nt object to being paid next to nothing ??) the Americans (The West) responded, for the promise of CHEAP oil, with full milita.. sorry security ,which is used to ruthlessly suppress ALL opposition.

***** and Communists both stole and plundered.

Yes they did, but that dunt make it right!

America as hegemon is even more fair that the British. We used the East India Company to rule India don't forget...a law unto themselves until the mutiny.

Yes I agree,as above.

When Islam was a regional hegamon it insisted the conquered converted!

Er, not sure bout dat,pretty sure there was leniency towards "troops" captured during the crusades, thatwuzsaidinwannadarobinhoodfilims!afink!
yes/no

Quick Reply: Nine charged with conspiracy after UK terrorism raids