Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

New speed cameras in Colchester.

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2002, 08:11 AM
DJFish
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After the feature on 5th Gear about the proliferation of the yellow peril you attention is drawn to the following,

Just a warning to anyone in Colchester, there's several new speed cameras in Colchester that appeared as if by magic yesterday.

First is a traffic light camera snapping East bound traffic at the light outside Leasure World.

Then there's a speed camera (40 zone) in the West bound Lane on Cowdray Avenue half way between Leasure World and the Ipswich Road roundabout. (That's the same road as the Scooby garage!)

There are also two on Ipswich Road (30 zone) in both directions by the little red post office near the junction into St Johns.

You have been warned and there are probably more that I haven't seen, these are just the FOUR new ones I've spotted on my way to and from work! At least they've painted them yellow even if they are hidden behind trees.

Dave

Old 10 April 2002, 08:21 AM
Spudgun VI
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

nice one dj fish

girlfriend has one of them valentine ones in her scooby, works a treat! i'm gonna have to get one too by the sounds of it, its getting beyond a joke[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10 April 2002, 08:30 AM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

btw - the speed cameras on the A64 York Road in Leeds have been switched back on recently - the citybound ones anyway.

Also - I have more news re the West Yorkshire speed strategy - those who emailed me - if you want the update, send me another please? Its not much info, but any news is news eh?
Old 10 April 2002, 08:53 AM
DJFish
Scooby Regular

Spudgun,

Decided against getting a detector recently as I no longer drive long distances etc... But as I now have five cameras within a mile of my house I don't see how I can avoid it, a moments inattention could end up costing me points and wedge, especially if I make the mistake of keeping my eyes on the road and not on the verge looking for more bloody cameras.

Dave

Anyone know any good detectors going cheap??
Old 10 April 2002, 09:01 AM
M@TT
Scooby Regular

Cool

Cheers,

Probably save me a couple of points !

Matt
UKST205 - Colchester
Old 10 April 2002, 09:28 AM
divecon
Scooby Regular

Question

Aren't there sites that list all of the known cameras around the country? I think the better ones also list trigger speeds, camera types and other interesting info.

Anyone know some good links?

Neil
Sussex