dynoicious & pocketdyno+

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2010, 12:23 AM
keithp2299
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynoicious & pocketdyno+

What do people think of the ipod apps?

They seem to be getting good reviews but £8 is alot for something thats propably crap lol.

From what i read they dont need a network connection they just use the accelerometer & if you mount your ipod/iphone secrurely & give the app acurate weight (car plus passengers & fuel etc) you get good results. Is this real or just sales speal?
Old 03 December 2010, 12:03 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Very hit an miss, so much so you couldn't trust it to give a truly accurate reading. The slightest movement in the mount will result in a duff reading. I got 525bhp cause the mount 'jolted' as I accelerated in 1st.
Old 03 December 2010, 01:47 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Neanderthal
Very hit an miss, so much so you couldn't trust it to give a truly accurate reading. The slightest movement in the mount will result in a duff reading. I got 525bhp cause the mount 'jolted' as I accelerated in 1st.
That means you actually paid to download it!
Old 03 December 2010, 02:14 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I downloaded it, havent tried it yet, had it on ages as well, dont want anyone think I am Jack Clark going out for a romantic drive with my Ipod

Sorry Jack
Old 03 December 2010, 08:47 PM
keithp2299
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
I downloaded it, havent tried it yet, had it on ages as well, dont want anyone think I am Jack Clark going out for a romantic drive with my Ipod

Sorry Jack

Let me know how you get on when you try it. So many mixed reviews im just not sure its worth it. Maybe if i get some overtime and can spare the cash ill have a punt at it
Old 04 December 2010, 11:37 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
That means you actually paid to download it!
Does it?! perhaps not
Old 04 December 2010, 11:39 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will give it a go sometime, trouble is, not long after buying it my car developed a slipping clutch, started using the car a bit more and its gone but have crap weather, it will spin up in third on a wet road when its so cold.

I did briefly try it but it just launched itself intot he passenger foot well
Old 04 December 2010, 01:39 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

In theory theyre extremely accurate, despite Neanderthals comment/experience. In practice though, the sensor in the iPhone simply isnt of a high enough quality - its designed for game features rather than accurate measurement.

TheTesla G-Tech Pro uses an expensive accelerometer and its usually within one hundredth of a second over a quarter mile! Dearer though; with their prices starting at £180...
Old 04 December 2010, 02:59 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I took my iPhone for a romantic drive with the free version. It was fun, but hopeless unless you duct tape it to the dash. A friend has an iPad mount in his Mitsibushi, similar accuracy i would think but a fantastic monitor.
Old 04 December 2010, 03:51 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the blackberry version, dynostorm, made by the same people. It's fairly accurate, you just need to make sure you put the correct weight of your car in and the transmission loss and of course a long flat straight bit of road, preferably empty!! It's useful for making comparisons if you make changes to the car. The figures I got for 0-60 and quarter mile times comparable to what's been published in various reviews and if you don't know the transmission loss of your car, you can still get hp figure at the wheel instead of the flywheel. You can set up profiles for other cars too. It's only £8, what's the big deal.