Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

PlumbCentre

Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2010, 02:18 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up PlumbCentre

Discovered one of our radiators was leaking this morning from the bleed valve / air vent. Went to tighten it with a screwdriver and it got to a certain point then just clicked round to loose again, that'll be why it's leaking then! Get a new one (1/2 inch fitting)....

So nipped over to the local PlumbCentre at lunch time, described what I needed, the bloke looked it up on the system and confirmed they had some, got it from the store room, also asked for a radiator key as I've misplaced the one I had. Sorted, asked how much, he said don't worry as the bits only cost a few pence! Really took me by surprise, not very often you go in a shop and get the stuff you want free! In reality I expect it was a couple of £ retail but I guess he couldn't be bothered with the paper work.

Top service PlumbCentre
Old 30 October 2010, 11:44 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

He was probably a bit shocked at the sight of the coffin. Takes a bit of getting used to. Even at this time of year!

Les
Old 30 October 2010, 12:05 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Had something similar a while back looking for a new sump bolt for my Tdi Leon. Went to the dealer as it is next door to my office. Gave me the bolt for free. Its one of those things that will bring me back to them for other bits and pieces (not in the hope of getting them for free) just because it was a generous gesture.
Old 30 October 2010, 01:09 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Same thing happened with me at the Plumb Centre. Needed some TRV's for my rads and they had some on offer, about £56 for 5 inc. the end valves. Paid and then realised I needed a new seal for my water pump upstairs too. Guy serving just said passed me the right one and said don't worry about it. Only worth what, £2 but I go there now whenever I need stuff. Usually well priced and not overpriced snobbish crap with good service.
Old 30 October 2010, 04:26 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Same happened to me when I was after some piping for making a never ending match and a couple of bolts to fit the back JDM seats into my old scoob. Got the bolts and copper tube for free as they were cheaper than his effort. So I put £3 (roughly the total cost) into their charity tin.