Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

PAYPAL and something I wasnt aware of

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2010, 02:05 PM
fastmike
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PAYPAL and something I wasnt aware of

Monday I bought something over the net and paid with PAYPAL...... the seller then informs me within an hour that the part was useless and they refunded my PAYPAL payment. Now at this stage my money hadnt left my bank.... Wednesday the money left my account...... 48 hours after the SELLER cancelling the transaction.......PAYPAL say ... the money has to leave my account so it can be refunded ..... ( yes , you read that correctly).... Now my PAYPAL account doesnt show the amount I,m waiting to recieve back .... PAYPAL informed me I would have to wait 5 to 7 working days ..for it to show in my account.. THEN I can transfer the money back to my bank from my PAYPAL account .
Me being the impatient and cynical B*****d that I am....... I aspeak to my bank about PAYPAL.... NOW this is were it gets interesting ( to me )... PAYPAL is an offshore company...... and UK Direct Debit Indemnity laws DO NOT APPLY <<< Beware
Old 08 October 2010, 02:07 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fastmike
Monday I bought something over the net and paid with PAYPAL...... the seller then informs me within an hour that the part was useless and they refunded my PAYPAL payment. Now at this stage my money hadnt left my bank.... Wednesday the money left my account...... 48 hours after the SELLER cancelling the transaction.......PAYPAL say ... the money has to leave my account so it can be refunded ..... ( yes , you read that correctly).... Now my PAYPAL account doesnt show the amount I,m waiting to recieve back .... PAYPAL informed me I would have to wait 5 to 7 working days ..for it to show in my account.. THEN I can transfer the money back to my bank from my PAYPAL account .
Me being the impatient and cynical B*****d that I am....... I aspeak to my bank about PAYPAL.... NOW this is were it gets interesting ( to me )... PAYPAL is an offshore company...... and UK Direct Debit Indemnity laws DO NOT APPLY <<< Beware
Old 08 October 2010, 02:12 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Old 08 October 2010, 02:12 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is still a Direct Debit Guarantee ..... wherever the company is based!!

Act on it, now!

The Banks HATE people questioning/changing/ending Direct debits ..... but, you have every right to do just that.