Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The New Breed of Subaru Owners......

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2010, 07:27 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation The New Breed of Subaru Owners......

After a quick shuffle through "General" and "Members" I'm somewhat shocked at the apparent demise of intelligent Subaru owners and their replacement by what I can only describe as Barry Boy retards.

This may appear controversial but "Mate it's slamming" about a group of Chavs lowering a car so that the body shell's almost rubbing on the "Carlos Fandango Super-wide Wheels" pretty much sums it all up.

I dare say this is inevitable as the price drops make owning (and destroying) a Subaru easier for these chimps, but it's heartbreaking to watch them chavise the marque. Still at least we still have each other in NSR - last of the intelligent and professional owners, champions of the marque, protectors of the brand.... the Subaru elite
Old 07 October 2010, 07:29 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Do you own a Subaru?

I didn't think anyone left in NSR still had one!
Old 07 October 2010, 07:33 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

I have two (that's "2" for anyone reading from General)
Old 07 October 2010, 07:34 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Wikkid man!
Old 07 October 2010, 07:38 AM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
I have two (that's "2" for anyone reading from General)
Lol!
Old 07 October 2010, 07:44 AM
fatscoobfella1
Scooby Regular

Cheap Subaru's have been council estate money for years now..There has been no sudden demise.

Subaru ownership have always had a bad stigma attatched,its a shame as i loved the classic,but i think its gone down hill since.

Oh BTW,i have had 3 Subaru's but not owned one for 8 years or so...Just like popping into NSR for debate and general slanging matches......
Old 07 October 2010, 08:02 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Its a problem; but it'll go full circle like the Cossie has: the only poeple that can afford them now are enthusiasts as theprices just keep going up and up as the cars get more rare, due to the chavs wrecking them all. Its even happening with XR3s.

Personally I see it as a survival of the fittest and culling of the mass of sheds. There are currently loads of crappy tired and well worn scoobs on the road. Their cheap price means chavs will buy them and kill them. Be it blown engine/gearbox, or smashing it up.

This will eventually leave the sensibly driven, no-expense-spared cars left.

Its happened with old Jags - A good series II XJ12C is as rare as rocking horse poo; When many years ago there were plenty and could be had for a under a grand to take banger racing.

Last edited by ALi-B; 07 October 2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07 October 2010, 08:22 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Its a problem; but it'll go full circle like the Cossie has: the only poeple that can afford them now are enthusiasts as theprices just keep going up and up as the cars get more rare, due to the chavs wrecking them all. Its even happening with XR3s.

Personally I see it as a survival of the fittest and culling of the mass of sheds. There are currently loads of crappy tired and well worn scoobs on the road. Their cheap price means chavs will buy them and kill them. Be it blown engine/gearbox, or smashing it up.

This will eventually leave the sensibly driven, no-expense-spared cars left.

Its happened with old Jags - A good series II XJ12C is as rare as rocking horse poo; When many years ago there were plenty and could be had for a under a grand to take banger racing.
LOL keep the faith!

Personally I like driving a car that is alternative to the Borg like middle-classes around my area who all drive your aspirational Audis and BMWs, plus a disproportionate amount of Range Rover Sports!
Old 07 October 2010, 08:26 AM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
Range Rover Sports!
*shudder*
Old 07 October 2010, 08:32 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lozgti1
*shudder*
Oh there's loads of 'em around here.

Maybe there is something in the water because they are growing on me!

I saw a matt white one the other day which looked kind of of cool.
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Have you only just realised that Subaru is a chav brand?

You're about 7 years too late.
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Have you only just realised that Subaru is a chav brand?

You're about 7 years too late.
Old 07 October 2010, 08:35 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Yes... and Yes
Old 07 October 2010, 08:44 AM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

This comes up every few years. When I bought my first Scoob 11 years ago there was a waiting list, virtually no depreciation, and the cars were being bought by enthusiasts who were prepared to spend money maintaining them.
After a few years the cheap imports came along, and the reputation went downhill. I have no doubt they'll go the same way as Cosworths - the 3-door I sold in 1999 is probably worth almost as much as my T25 now!
Old 07 October 2010, 08:44 AM
Chris 9-5
Scooby Regular

After a quick shuffle through "General" and "Members" I'm somewhat shocked at the apparent demise of intelligent Subaru owners and their replacement by what I can only describe as Barry Boy retards.
I've been driving modified saabs for about ten years now, but have always loved the Impreza.

When I bought one recently I got a lot of "chav" comments from my saab forum pals where I am a moderator.

But having signed up here I am impressed on a daily basis at the knowledge, enthusiasm and quaility of your cars - wow theres some nice machinery here!

The same thing is happening with Saab, I have just been arguing with a kid that he doesnt actually need water / methanol injection on his 200bhp saab - but he wont listen, he just wants to know how to stretch his tyres and how big his wheel spacers can be

Its a universal problem BUT in anycase they cant take away your Rally / motorsport heritage - and when they stack em, the bargain second hand parts market stays boyant
Old 07 October 2010, 08:45 AM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatscoobfella1
Cheap Subaru's have been council estate money for years now..There has been no sudden demise.....
Just look at all the Ads on PH. Loads of them seem to be parked in council estates. They clearly can't afford to pay for their own home, but are happy to spend thousands each year on modifying a gash old Subaru and filling it full of petrol each week. Each to their own I suppose.
Old 07 October 2010, 09:03 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbo2
Just look at all the Ads on PH. Loads of them seem to be parked in council estates. They clearly can't afford to pay for their own home, but are happy to spend thousands each year on modifying a gash old Subaru and filling it full of petrol each week. Each to their own I suppose.
All paid for by the tax payer probably!

Well they pay for *****......why not scoobs???
Old 07 October 2010, 09:08 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

I was fed up being called a chav so I got a Audi now I'm a w@nker
Old 07 October 2010, 09:10 AM
Chris 9-5
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by antc
lol
Old 07 October 2010, 09:12 AM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

I've still got one.........I mean '1'......duz dat make me fick innit?
Old 07 October 2010, 09:15 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Not just Subaus, there is a mint purple Evo 4/5 parked an the grass outside a run down council house near where Jen's mum lives, over the years the uber-chav has had barry'd up calibres scoobs and bmw's to name a few.
Looks like selling drugs and claiming benefits has finally put him in an Evo...
Old 07 October 2010, 09:20 AM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by antc
I own both scoob and audi so im a chav ******
Old 07 October 2010, 09:22 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynewbie72
I own both scoob and audi so im a chav ******
Lol no i believe you are a hybrid of the two - commonly known as a ****! if you move onto an EVO or a BMW that will them become make you a complete ****
Old 07 October 2010, 09:28 AM
belliott69
Scooby Regular

you only have to have a quick look on ebay to see how many chav chariots are changing hands still. it does wind me up to see alot of other young people who don't respect there cars or the road as i get a bit of stick for it as i'm young as well. luckily my cars are not chavified, even though i have got a sonic blue classic with gold alloys. lol
Old 07 October 2010, 09:28 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Lol no i believe you are a hybrid of the two - commonly known as a ****! if you move onto an EVO or a BMW that will them become make you a complete ****
Old 07 October 2010, 10:13 AM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

i must have been mad to buy a subaru - a brand new turbo in 2000 and got Prodrive to add everything they offered. i think it literally cost me a grand a month if you evened out the servicing, fuel, tracking cost and insurance and finance. never again !

oh yes, and in the 1000 motorway miles a month I currently do, audis are the new cvnts. beemers seem okay these days.
Old 07 October 2010, 10:17 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by XRS
This comes up every few years. When I bought my first Scoob 11 years ago there was a waiting list, virtually no depreciation, and the cars were being bought by enthusiasts who were prepared to spend money maintaining them.
After a few years the cheap imports came along, and the reputation went downhill. I have no doubt they'll go the same way as Cosworths - the 3-door I sold in 1999 is probably worth almost as much as my T25 now!
+1
Old 07 October 2010, 10:19 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

I though everyone knew impreza's were four wheel drive chav chariots ?

Mention them to te serious tuners and they always call the **** cars

PPP= Peados Preferred Pickup

etc etc.. heard them all.

init!
Old 07 October 2010, 10:30 AM
Tom 46
Scooby Regular

Ive not been on here long but i see the opposite happeneing.

If anything we are moving away from 'chaved up' subaru's, dont see as many lexus lights, lairy bodykits and pearlescent paint jobs from people thinking their in fast and furious.

I know you are probably reffering to me in your original post, but i really dont understand what you mean? Because a car is low, and got wide wheels instantly means that a chav owns it and therefore it dosnt get looked after and is a shed?? Im sorry but where is the logic in that?

I may only be 19, but i take care of my car so well, maybe even better than you old boys....washed every wednesday and saturday, polish on sunday, interior kept spotless, engine bay cleaned carefully every month...I'd heard about some of the old tossers on scoobynet before i joined up, guess they were right after all!
Old 07 October 2010, 10:42 AM
Tom 46
Scooby Regular

This may appear controversial but "Mate it's slamming" about a group of Chavs lowering a car so that the body shell's almost rubbing on the "Carlos Fandango Super-wide Wheels" pretty much sums it all up.

I dare say this is inevitable as the price drops make owning (and destroying) a Subaru easier for these chimps, but it's heartbreaking to watch them chavise the marque. Still at least we still have each other in NSR - last of the intelligent and professional owners, champions of the marque, protectors of the brand.... the Subaru elite
And what gives you the authority, to give such a derogatory opinion and view on young subaru owners???

Because people who modify their car, improve their car, BUILD their own car obviously dont care about it as much as you do they?

May i ask what makes an intelligent and proffesional subaru owner? Do you all sit around discussing how to optimize your cars performance?....that would be quite intelligent....but then you might have to get off your **** and do somthing so i doubt it....

...please tell me what makes an intelligent and proffesional subaru owner? as you so wisely put it...

Sorry for getting annoyed but this really really pisses me off

Quick Reply: The New Breed of Subaru Owners......