The Pope is Coming .....

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2010, 10:12 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down The Pope is Coming .....

...... should have used a condom!

Joking aside ..... who gives a flying ****?

Catholic Priest:- "Do you want a sweetie, little choirboy?"

Choirboy:- "Ooooo, yes, please your worship"

Catholic Priest, dropping the sweet at the boys feet "Ooooops, pick it up then"

Sound of Cassock lifting up .....................

Old 15 September 2010, 11:11 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pslewis
Not me
Old 16 September 2010, 12:38 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
...... should have used a condom!

Catholic Priest:- "Do you want a sweetie, little choirboy?"

Choirboy:- "Ooooo, yes, please your worship"

Catholic Priest, dropping the sweet at the boys feet "Ooooops, pick it up then"

Sound of Cassock lifting up .....................

How come lefty types are able to get away with mocking Catholicism and using the actions of a minority (paedo priests) to tarnish a religion, but with Islam it's the opposite?
Old 16 September 2010, 05:05 AM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
the actions of a minority (paedo priests)
Quite frankly the number of cases coming to light is apaling for an organisation that is meant to care and guide it's followers. Added with the apparent apathy toward punishing and denouncing these vile abusers has left them wide open to mockery.
Old 16 September 2010, 05:15 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK
Quite frankly the number of cases coming to light is apaling for an organisation that is meant to care and guide it's followers. Added with the apparent apathy toward punishing and denouncing these vile abusers has left them wide open to mockery.
You mean like the way 'moderate' Islam is apathetic and passive about the radicals in its midst? Cartoons are protested but bombings get silence.

BTW you have any statistics to show that the Church is worse for abuse than anyone other organizations such as schools etc where adults are given power over children?

Last edited by tony de wonderful; 16 September 2010 at 05:19 AM.
Old 16 September 2010, 05:42 AM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

BTW you have any statistics to show that the Church is worse for abuse than anyone other organizations such as schools etc where adults are given power over children?
I don't see the relevance or necessity to compare or rank the offences against other organisations but there are many reports and statistics on the extent of catholic abuse

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jay_Report
Old 16 September 2010, 05:46 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK
I don't see the relevance or necessity to compare or rank the offences against other organisations but there are many reports and statistics on the extent of catholic abuse

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jay_Report
Why not openly mock the Teaching profession then as well?

Trending Topics

Old 16 September 2010, 06:50 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Back to the question, I care, it has really annoyed me that we will waste tax-payers money paying for this narrow minded ejit to come and visit, despite the fact that the Vatican is rolling in wealth, rather than give pay-rises to our public sector workers who will find themselves struggling to make ends meet as the cost of living continues to rise

I am catholic in my upbringing, however I don't practice or promote catholicism because its ethics are medieval and, if he could get away with it, the current pope would have everyone brainwashed into believing that the bible was a true story and not based upon teachings. The catholic church needs to get real and get with the times.
Old 16 September 2010, 08:15 AM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

To much hate and desperation to prove no God and mock religions in this wonderful era of a new BMW for £199 a month on your drive.

I have no feelings either way.I'm not bothered about the visit but bothered what society has become over the last 20 years.Liked the last Pope more though for some reason
Old 16 September 2010, 08:16 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JonMc
Back to the question, I care, it has really annoyed me that we will waste tax-payers money paying for this narrow minded ejit to come and visit, despite the fact that the Vatican is rolling in wealth, rather than give pay-rises to our public sector workers who will find themselves struggling to make ends meet as the cost of living continues to rise

I am catholic in my upbringing, however I don't practice or promote catholicism because its ethics are medieval and, if he could get away with it, the current pope would have everyone brainwashed into believing that the bible was a true story and not based upon teachings. The catholic church needs to get real and get with the times.
The Church is by definition conservative, it it were not then Western civilization would not have survived the dark ages.
Old 16 September 2010, 08:47 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

The Church is by definition conservative, it it were not then Western civilization would not have survived the dark ages.
Your argument seems to be, "Other religions and professions have/do molest children, so it's OK for the Catholic Priests to do so - or, at the very least, should not be brought to justice"

Which, amazingly, seems to be the attitude that the top of the Catholic Church has had for decades ..... and therein lies the problem.
Old 16 September 2010, 08:58 AM
scoobygreg
Scooby Regular

Hate religion, caused more ****e in this world than anything else , mostly totaly out of touch with todays society aswell, the cost of this visit is goona be rediculous. If
its that important he visits let the catholic church foot the bill.

ohh yeah my mums an ordaned minister
Old 16 September 2010, 09:13 AM
specialx
Former Sponsor

12 million on security! Tax payers money well spent there then!
Old 16 September 2010, 09:19 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I'm fed up to the back teeth of it already, and he hasn't even landed yet I agree, in days of old when science and education was in its infancy, the majority of people led simple lives and knew little of anything, then a belief system may have given them hope, calmed them through troubles and controlled them through guilt, but in modern times religion is a pile of crock. I thank them for the work they did bringing education to the poor, and for the stunning architecture we can all appreciate, but I and many people these days have no need for such an emotional crutch in this modern world. Beliefs didn't stop those few dirty ******* priests doing those unforgivable acts, nor stop the wars and countless millions who have died in the name of faith through the centuries, and the whole system is so far out of touch with modern living and so congested with old fuddy-duddies clinging on to the glories of old and unable to adjust, that they will never resurrect their former stature within society. At least, not in the western world. Give it up and go home !

Last edited by corradoboy; 16 September 2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 16 September 2010, 10:02 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
I'm fed up to the back teeth of it already, and he hasn't even landed yet I agree, in days of old when science and education was in its infancy, the majority of people led simple lives and knew little of anything, then a belief system may have given them hope, calmed them through troubles and controlled them through guilt, but in modern times religion is a pile of crock. I thank them for the work they did bringing education to the poor, and for the stunning architecture we can all appreciate, but I and many people these days have no need for such an emotional crutch in this modern world. Beliefs didn't stop those few dirty ******* priests doing those unforgivable acts, nor stop the wars and countless millions who have died in the name of faith through the centuries, and the whole system is so far out of touch with modern living and so congested with old fuddy-duddies clinging on to the glories of old and unable to adjust, that they will never resurrect their former stature within society. At least, not in the western world. Give it up and go home !
As per post #2.
But rightly or wrongly, that was very well put

Last edited by Glowplug; 16 September 2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 16 September 2010, 10:03 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

You’re quite right to point out that other organisations like schools, children’s homes etc have a high % of kiddy fiddlers – that’s was these perverts do, find jobs, activities that have access to children

The big difference here is that these perverts in the church go about their disgusting habits in the full knowledge that the Catholics Church offers them institutional protection from the law – and this goes right to the top

It is all swept under the cassock so to speak – where presumably you will find a young boy forced to suck a dirty old man off before being bent over the altar and made to experience some divine intervention up his little backside.
Old 16 September 2010, 10:06 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
You’re quite right to point out that other organisations like schools, children’s homes etc have a high % of kiddy fiddlers – that’s was these perverts do, find jobs, activities that have access to children

The big difference here is that these perverts in the church go about their disgusting habits in the full knowledge that the Catholics Church offers them institutional protection from the law – and this goes right to the top

It is all swept under the cassock so to speak – where presumably you will find a young boy forced to suck a dirty old man off before being bent over the altar and made to experience some divine intervention up his little backside.
+1
Old 16 September 2010, 10:15 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

This may help you understand.
Old 16 September 2010, 10:25 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

The Pope has a medieval mentality to so many issues, as for the kiddie fiddling it's endemic in the Catholic Church, like an open invitation to paedo's to join up.

One of the cases in the states was horrific, one guy running a home for deaf and dumb kids made his way through 200+ kids over the years and it's just swept under the carpet.

The Pope and his organisation are no better than the fundamentalists in the respect they know this evil exists withing their religion and they choose to do nothing to cleanse themselves of it, they let it carry on without regard to the harm and damage they cause.

In respect to the massive bill for his visit surely the Vatican Bank has enough in the coffers to pay for these trips themselves, it's a disgrace the tax payer funds this.

Old 16 September 2010, 10:59 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

I can't really understand the Birmingham visit.

Surely the majority of Birmingham are of a completly different religious belief
Old 16 September 2010, 12:43 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Old 16 September 2010, 12:59 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

He means nothing to me so can't understand all this rolling out of the Red Carpet Why oh why are we spending hard earned taxes on his visit too

TX.
Old 16 September 2010, 01:03 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
I doubt that it's a "high" %age in any of them. Thankfully still a very small minority of offenders.

TX.
Old 16 September 2010, 01:15 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Dont give a toss.

What would happen to society if the church didnt exist, Catholic or otherwise, very little, a huge organisation that produces nothing apart from Dogma.

I just dont get organised religion, all have different ideas on sex, what you can and cant eat, drinking, sexuality etc etc, even if by some miracle it does transpire there is divine being and it wants things doign a certain way, what chance is there that one of the religions is actually right.

So Sod the Pope, its an old man in a frock as far as I am concerned.
Old 16 September 2010, 01:16 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Speaking to a young catholic this morning and he made the point that his Gran was looking forward to the visit and would turn out to greet him etc.

Then he said he wouldn't have anything to do with the pope and had become disillusioned after visiting the Vatican a couple of years back.

Couldn't reconcile how a church with such great wealth could say they actually cared about the poor at all - they just seemed content on looking out for themselves.

When he put it like that the Pope kinda reminds me of some sort of Religious fat cat banker - only really worried about himself !

Young catholics, it would seem, are as impressed with the established catholic church about as much as I am !
Old 16 September 2010, 01:22 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

How come lefty types are able to get away with mocking Catholicism and using the actions of a minority (paedo priests) to tarnish a religion, but with Islam it's the opposite?
Ok, to address this, Muhammad the prophet of islam, was also a pedophile.
Old 16 September 2010, 01:28 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

I just don't understand how a bunch of celibate old men are supposed to be best placed to advise on contraception and STDs...
Old 16 September 2010, 01:33 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dedrater
Stone him
Old 16 September 2010, 01:39 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Dedrater
BURN HIM !! BURN THIS INFIDEL !! DIE!! DIE!! DEATH TO ALL ENGLISH!! (except for those nice folk who work in my benefits offices)
Old 16 September 2010, 01:55 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Mr. Fry's take: http://www.stephenfry.com/2010/09/16/dailymailhate

Quick Reply: The Pope is Coming .....