Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

dku-5 cable for nokia n70

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2010, 07:12 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dku-5 cable for nokia n70

Guys, anyone here sucusfully hooked up a dku-5 cable to there Nokia n70 phone ?? been trying everything to get things working but just cant seem to get the pc to recognise the phone.

I know a few off these dku-5 cables wont work but bought one from a chap off the bay with 100% feedback for these very cables and are said to work 100% for unlocking bb5 mobiles.

installed the dku-5 driver from the nokia website but just cant seem to get the pc to see the phone.

Help anyone in the know fancy bearing with me to see if we can rectify the problem ??

p.s Trying to get the phone sim unlocked with the aid off the dejay unlock software !!!
Old 05 September 2010, 08:59 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Cheers dave will check it out but from what I am seeing on the net I am not alone in having major problems with a dku-5 cable !!!!
Old 05 September 2010, 10:21 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Ar, they are a proper PITA mate, you eventually get it working, then come back to it hours or days later and back to square one.

Just keep uninstalling everything related to it, restart your PC and try again. When you do get it, make sure you carry out all the tasks you want/need there and then.

I suspect there is an issue with the drivers or the way the cable recreates the connection to the phone. As you said, the forums are littered with this problem.

Sorry i can't be of more help

Have you tried the Prolific cable, seem to have more success with those.

Last edited by Glowplug; 05 September 2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06 September 2010, 08:34 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Yep have given up mate will pop the phone into my local phone shop today and reluctantly pay a tenner or whatever it is they charge !!

strange thing is have installed the neccessary driver , it comes up as usb cable when I plug the cable into the pc but dont see the driver within device manager, also on the other pc it asks for additional software when I plug the cable i even thou the driver has been installed ??!!

as you say almost 100% sure its down to the actual driver software itself playing up but as I say had enough spent enough hours without any joy and for the sake off a tenner then am just as well going the shop method !!

appreciatte your advice guys, thanks anyway.