Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Best news I've heard for a long time

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2010, 03:39 PM
22BUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Best news I've heard for a long time

Tens of thousands of immigrants and asylum seekers will no longer receive legal aid under Ministry of Justice plans to save millions of pounds each year.
Justice Secretary Kenneth Clarke wants an end to the current system whereby asylum seekers whose applications are turned down and immigrants facing deportation orders can repeatedly challenge decisions using state funds.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0wsGWe9V8
Old 17 August 2010, 06:30 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

God its almost like they have a clue, its like fresh air after 13 years of horsesh1t.....
Old 17 August 2010, 06:48 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Certainly a step in the right direction! They need to opt-out of the stupid 'human rights' bill next, and then it'll be possible to get all these illegals deported much easier.
Old 17 August 2010, 07:17 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Not sure i believe it
Old 17 August 2010, 07:18 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
Certainly a step in the right direction! They need to opt-out of the stupid 'human rights' bill next, and then it'll be possible to get all these illegals deported much easier.
Hey why not lets jus get rid of the home office all together , thatll save a few bucks

Old 17 August 2010, 07:22 PM
scooby2010
Scooby Regular

ill drink to that
Old 17 August 2010, 07:39 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Donna Covey, chief executive of the Refugee Council, said: 'Further slashing legal aid for asylum seekers will result in people being wrongly refused protection here and returned to countries where their lives will be in danger.

Yes send them back,they are not coming to the UK because they are in danger of being killed etc.You don't travel thousands of miles across Europe passing through every other country just to get to the UK,you go to the nearest country that's safe,ohhh I remembered other countries don't just hand out benefits and a 5 bedroom house all paid for do they.
Old 17 August 2010, 08:03 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Plenty of assylum seekers arrive here as their first port of call having fled their own country then not allowed to work whilst the home office concocts reasons not to have them ( whilst letting thro others who lie thro their teeth,cos its easier ) , believe me
Old 18 August 2010, 07:26 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

I know of one illegal immigrant whose been here a few years and has fathered a child. His life is not in any danger - he came here for a better life (from a 'nice' country), not to run away from a certain death. He's been advised that it may take five years to send him home.
Old 18 August 2010, 11:18 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Wait for the Human rights brigade to start legal proceeding's to stop this.
Old 18 August 2010, 11:38 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2
God its almost like they have a clue, its like fresh air after 13 years of horsesh1t.....
+1
Old 18 August 2010, 11:39 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
Donna Covey, chief executive of the Refugee Council, said: 'Further slashing legal aid for asylum seekers will result in people being wrongly refused protection here and returned to countries where their lives will be in danger.

Yes send them back,they are not coming to the UK because they are in danger of being killed etc.You don't travel thousands of miles across Europe passing through every other country just to get to the UK,you go to the nearest country that's safe,ohhh I remembered other countries don't just hand out benefits and a 5 bedroom house all paid for do they.
+1
Old 18 August 2010, 03:19 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Hey why not lets jus get rid of the home office all together , thatll save a few bucks

How do you suggest they maintain law and order then? Or do you think that is unimportant?

Les
Old 18 August 2010, 03:21 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The human rights act was yet another gross error by Billy Liar.

Les
Old 18 August 2010, 08:10 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

I was being sarcastic Les
Old 19 August 2010, 10:39 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Yes ok dpb, but think of those poor lawyers who are so dependent on them to make a daily crust!

Les
Old 19 August 2010, 10:44 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

As I have said before talk is cheap, let's start rejoicing when they actally do it.
Old 19 August 2010, 11:20 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by DYK
Well, you know what I'd say to her? If she is so worried, then why doesn't she give them the legal aid out of her own pocket instead of relying on taxpayers? Its so easy to be self-righteous and caring for the afflicted when the money is coming from someone else.

I heard the same when some mother/child carers were interviewed about child benefits being means tested...the middle classe wimmin went "oh no, we should all get child benefit, we DESERVE it, even if we don't need it!". What planet are they living on? Have they heard of recession, and the stupendous debts the previous government have racked up supporting such wasteful ideologies.
Old 19 August 2010, 11:22 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
+1
+1
= +3

Old 19 August 2010, 11:25 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Well, you know what I'd say to her? If she is so worried, then why doesn't she give them the legal aid out of her own pocket instead of relying on taxpayers? Its so easy to be self-righteous and caring for the afflicted when the money is coming from someone else.

I heard the same when some mother/child carers were interviewed about child benefits being means tested...the middle classe wimmin went "oh no, we should all get child benefit, we DESERVE it, even if we don't need it!". What planet are they living on? Have they heard of recession, and the stupendous debts the previous government have racked up supporting such wasteful ideologies.
+1
Old 19 August 2010, 11:33 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Can't say fairer than that.

Les
Old 19 August 2010, 11:35 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Absolutely! After 100 days of the coalition lording it over us in their sanctimonious little way they really have done next to nothing ..... Just spouted almost as much BS as their predecessors!

Dave
I agree, all very disappointing so far. All mouth and trousers as far as I am concerned.

Les
Old 19 August 2010, 12:20 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I agree, all very disappointing so far. All mouth and trousers as far as I am concerned.

Les
In fairness they are stopping car clamping as well reducing spending, looking into handouts for the workshy and those who do not actually need it and i guess try to find out the real depth of the problems that are NL's legacy. Give them a chance

It is not a bad start imho, just need to keep it up and actually carry out what they promise to do, ,not something NL have ever worried about.

Last edited by The Zohan; 19 August 2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 19 August 2010, 12:31 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Little things are happening.

For example the potholes on the mains roads by me...The holes were always bodged and re-filled, and never sealed. The repair rarely lasted for any duration, and everytime there was a frost, it would lift out due to water ingress between the repair joints. This has been teh case for as loing as I have known

Now, the holes have been cut out propely to remove any further loose tarmac, properly filled to the required depth, and the joints sealed to stop water ingress. Beacuse the repair is a proper section, its been properly rolled, which means the repair is smooth, and therefore the road is smooth.

It amazing how such a little thing as filling a pothole properly and correctly can make a road smooth again. Obviosuly the workers knew how to do it.....but maybe previously nobody in the council/Highways agency checked the workmanship to make sure it was repaired properly. Why this sudden change? The only thing that has changed in the local and notional government (We're now Cons, whereas before we were always Labour), someone somewhere has pulled their figured out and sorted it properly.

Last edited by ALi-B; 19 August 2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 19 August 2010, 12:53 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

You are a lucky chap then Ali, our potholes are steadily getting worse down here!

Les
Old 19 August 2010, 04:05 PM
22BUK
Scooby Regular

Talking

Good to see that the French are doing something about it...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...gal-camps.html
Old 19 August 2010, 04:23 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 22BUK
Good to see that the French are doing something about it...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...gal-camps.html
Good, hopefully the UK will follow suit.
And before anyone compares this to the ***** let's just remember that these people are being paid and taken back to their country of origin and not to a concentration camp never to be seen again, two totally different things!

If France can do this then so can we, we need the same robust approach to this.
Old 19 August 2010, 04:28 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Exactly what I was thinking. If all these people are so concerned about helping others out then why don't they set up charities and donate their own cash to go to the causes, rather than spending other people money because they think it should be spent.
Old 19 August 2010, 06:39 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Good, hopefully the UK will follow suit.
And before anyone compares this to the ***** let's just remember that these people are being paid and taken back to their country of origin and not to a concentration camp never to be seen again, two totally different things!

If France can do this then so can we, we need the same robust approach to this.

Fingers Crossed then eh..Nothing Racist or **** with wanting to put the country you live in and it's people First.I think the UK has been more than tolerant on immigration..

Quick Reply: Best news I've heard for a long time