Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Virgin Media RANT!!

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 2010, 04:46 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virgin Media RANT!!

Just gone to the 'music on demand' section as my children love to listen to the playlists, mostly showtunes. Anyway...

Yesterday we watched some as normal, for free, yet today I wanted to hear/show Fin the real mamma MIA (ABBA)..... Only to find it's now going to cost me 20p a song!!

Was thinking of getting one if those euro box/free sat things, but I heard that they are all going bye bye.

I really wanna tell virgin to stick both the boxes where the sub don't shine!

Last edited by Hysteria1983; 06 August 2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06 August 2010, 05:23 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983
Just gone to the 'music on demand' section as my children love to listen to the playlists, mostly showtunes. Anyway...

Yesterday we watched some as normal, for free, yet today I wanted to hear/show Fin the real mamma MIA (ABBA)..... Only to find it's now going to cost me 20p a song!!

Was thinking of getting one if those euro box/free sat things, but I heard that they are all going bye bye.

I really wanna tell virgin to stick both the boxes where the sub don't shine!
The EuroVox boxes are totally legal, BUT the software which you can get off the internet for them which descrambles all the channels (not just freeview ones) is ILLEGAL.

Depends if you're feeling naughty or not I guess

Oh and if you are feeling naughty then you may still end up shelling out £80-£100 on an expensive but useless freeview box as the Nagra3 excryption as recently come in rendering 1,000s and 1,000s of these boxes useless as the 'cracking' software hasn't been developed yet. Apparently the Nagra3 stuff has been used in Ireland for 2 years and hasn't been cracked yet so if I were you, I'd just pay 20p for the choons or download them from the 'net (legally or illegally - your choice ofcourse).

HTH

Andy
Old 06 August 2010, 07:47 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Well um definately going to have the box removed upstairs as it's only used for the music content, or lack of as it seems.

I'm oissed because we have just shelled out for a good blue ray system that's all hooked up to the radio/DVD/net etc abd the audio quality is ace.

But like you say, I will simply have to download some stuff for the kids as well as us.
It's not that simple without a decent computer at the moment though. It's possible, BUT my broadband is faster than my very old laptop can process, so it keeps crashing. We are in between owning a good computer for d/l software or abd media, but like I say it is possible.

Damn you virgin, and damn you Mr P for getting a better job and bring provided with a toughbook!!!
Old 06 August 2010, 07:57 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983
Well um definately going to have the box removed upstairs as it's only used for the music content, or lack of as it seems.

I'm oissed because we have just shelled out for a good blue ray system that's all hooked up to the radio/DVD/net etc abd the audio quality is ace.

But like you say, I will simply have to download some stuff for the kids as well as us.
It's not that simple without a decent computer at the moment though. It's possible, BUT my broadband is faster than my very old laptop can process, so it keeps crashing. We are in between owning a good computer for d/l software or abd media, but like I say it is possible.

Damn you virgin, and damn you Mr P for getting a better job and bring provided with a toughbook!!!
Maybe a laptop is your best bet then - £3-400 from Comet, Currys etc.

I'm just about to have the phone and tv installed by VM on top of my broadband. Got a healthy discount and free installation on everything. Certainly better than Sky or BT.
Old 06 August 2010, 08:09 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Yep, new laptop it is.

I can't fault VM in any other way, but as an XL customer, I am slowly seeing the features that were once free slowly disappearing.

New bathroom, new carpet on the stairs and now a new computer!
It's all because we had kids!!!