Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Labours legacy

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2010, 07:29 PM
firesorter
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Labours legacy

Tony and Gordon left you this: http://www.conservatives.com/News/Ne...o_Britain.aspx
Old 18 June 2010, 07:45 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One in five young people is unemployed
As much as you and others may blame this on Labour, I really don't. I don't know anyone who wants to work that doesn't have a job. On the other hand I know a hell of alot of self important teenage ****** who don't have jobs because they are waiting to be the next David Beckham or believe that anything under 20k a year is beneath them.

Infact I know at least one person who no longer has a job because he couldn't be bothered making it into work because playing a football match was more important. Who in their right mind would do something like that when jobs are apparently so scarce?

I also know another who is on his last legs because he couldn't be bothered to make it in as myself and my mate weren't working so he couldn't be bothered to get the train. This fella actually has a car but can't be bothered learning to drive ffs.

Don't get me wrong I know things are tough, it was just last year that it took me 3months to get a job but I got one because I wanted/needed it but the majority of the unemployed are there by choice. I'm in a job that I don't like but i'm in a job none the less, the United Kingdom needs to MAN UP!

Last edited by Jamz3k; 18 June 2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 18 June 2010, 08:24 PM
firesorter
Scooby Regular

I agree with you comments and it does the same to me, the quality of people joining my job is abismal and with the same atitude, however this government were in power for the last 13 years over which time our country has declined into this state
Old 18 June 2010, 09:41 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
As much as you and others may blame this on Labour, I really don't. I don't know anyone who wants to work that doesn't have a job.
WTF do YOU live? Come to fekkin Humberside, where successive governments have done NOWT for us over the last 40 years. I know of at LEAST 8 lads aged 18-24 who would love to work and can't.

My eldest, a plater and welder by trade, is down to working for £6 an hour, living in ratty hotels away from home, paying most of his travelling and all his meals, doing merchandising, working for a complete **** who treats his workers with disdain, underpays them cheats them on travelling expenses, pays for three night hotel instead of four and when they complain, tells them to "Get back in your box". ****.
Old 18 June 2010, 09:57 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
WTF do YOU live? Come to fekkin Humberside, where successive governments have done NOWT for us over the last 40 years. I know of at LEAST 8 lads aged 18-24 who would love to work and can't.
So not just Labours fault then?

PS. I live in Northern Ireland.
Old 18 June 2010, 09:59 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

My eldest, a plater and welder by trade, is down to working for £6 an hour, living in ratty hotels away from home, paying most of his travelling and all his meals, doing merchandising, working for a complete **** who treats his workers with disdain, underpays them cheats them on travelling expenses, pays for three night hotel instead of four and when they complain, tells them to "Get back in your box". ****.
What your eldest should do is look for another job then headbutt the **** he has for a boss now when he get his new one.
Old 18 June 2010, 10:27 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hasnt Norn iron had it good last 5 years , clearly falling now

little to do with nublabia mismanagement/management
Old 18 June 2010, 10:50 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't get me wrong I know things are tough, it was just last year that it took me 3months to get a job but I got one because I wanted/needed it but the majority of the unemployed are there by choice. I'm in a job that I don't like but i'm in a job none the less, the United Kingdom needs to MAN UP!

Why did it take you a whole 3 months to find a job? Not taking the p1ss as I moaned like **** about the jobless this time last year sitting there earning nigh on 30k a year. It's a different story however when you are on the dole yourself.
Old 18 June 2010, 10:59 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Why did it take you a whole 3 months to find a job? Not taking the p1ss as I moaned like **** about the jobless this time last year sitting there earning nigh on 30k a year. It's a different story however when you are on the dole yourself.
It took me 3 months because I was an idiot thinking i could walk out of a 32k a year job into the exact same pay in the climate of the time. I now earn less than 16k and I am struggling with debt that i got myself into but least i got a job. I bit my pride and took a lesser job because its easier to get a job when you are in one, i did 3 months in a call centre then got asked back into an older role i held in an AV retailer and jumped at the chance.

I've now been asked to work for 3 other companies all in retail, so their is at least 3 jobs out there!
Old 19 June 2010, 09:08 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Wondering how they convinced the other 4 young people to get off their ***** and go to work
Old 19 June 2010, 09:10 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

As much as you and others may blame this on Labour, I really don't. I don't know anyone who wants to work that doesn't have a job. On the other hand I know a hell of alot of self important teenage ****** who don't have jobs because they are waiting to be the next David Beckham or believe that anything under 20k a year is beneath them.

Infact I know at least one person who no longer has a job because he couldn't be bothered making it into work because playing a football match was more important. Who in their right mind would do something like that when jobs are apparently so scarce?

I also know another who is on his last legs because he couldn't be bothered to make it in as myself and my mate weren't working so he couldn't be bothered to get the train. This fella actually has a car but can't be bothered learning to drive ffs.

You have to ask yourself why we are in such a dangerously poor financial state as a country.

It was easy for NL to throw vast sums of our cash in every possible useless direction and to continually overborrow to make the economy look artificially better than the real fact that it was going down the tubes. look at our present National Debt and the fact that the interest payments on that alone are well over £1billion a week!

They handed out vast numbers of government non-jobs which meant that they were effectively buying votes and making the jobless total look better. That money was just wasted pure and simple. There were civil servants turning up for work not knowing what job they were supposed to be doing!

They sucked up to the the City where the big money was and allowed the bankers to cheat and swindle eventually leading with the rest of the world into the big depression and a very poor platform on which to fight it.

Now that has all come to a head, they have ducked out, not forgetting Fox's note to his successor that there was no money left! At least he was telling the truth there for once!

There is no way that NL can be praised for such an economic performance as well as their subservient attitude towards the EU giving so many of our own powers away to a bunch of corrupt and unelected pikers.

Les
Old 19 June 2010, 10:07 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Leslie

There is no way that NL can be praised for such an economic performance as well as their subservient attitude towards the EU giving so many of our own powers away to a bunch of corrupt and unelected pikers.

Les
Les, it's the subservient attitude that does it for me. EVERY other EC country ignores the rules and regulations that don't benefit them, but not the UK, oh no, we enforce every last one, while wringing our hands and saying, "It's not us, it's those nasty Eoropeans. What can weeeeeeeeee do?"
Old 19 June 2010, 10:10 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

...and yet some of these expenses cheating scroungers will still get their £64k golden handshake goodbye, £40k "winding up costs", £19k ministerial redundancy payment and a quarter of their last annual salary on top of their final salary pension of £30k a year.

Last edited by jonc; 19 June 2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 19 June 2010, 10:10 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Les, it's the subservient attitude that does it for me. EVERY other EC country ignores the rules and regulations that don't benefit them, but not the UK, oh no, we enforce every last one, while wringing our hands and saying, "It's not us, it's those nasty Eoropeans. What can weeeeeeeeee do?"
+1
Old 19 June 2010, 11:51 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Spot on Alcazar. I spent my time wondering what sort of payback they were expecting in the end!

Les