Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Laws

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2010, 03:36 PM
RobJenks
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Laws

Well here we go again - Now the liberals have been found out with their greed and utter contempt for the public. The bloke is a multi millionaire yet steals from the public.
The fact he is an **** bandit is irrelevant .
Old 30 May 2010, 03:46 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RobJenks
On the contrary old chap

Laws:
“While my recent troubles have been caused by my desire to keep my sexuality secret I cannot now escape the conclusion that what I have done was in some way wrong"

And if as they have us believe that **** banditry is "OK" then why do these people try so hard to hide it from us. Like we give a toss anyway

Chip
Old 30 May 2010, 04:04 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
On the contrary old chap

Laws:
“While my recent troubles have been caused by my desire to keep my sexuality secret I cannot now escape the conclusion that what I have done was in some way wrong"

And if as they have us believe that **** banditry is "OK" then why do these people try so hard to hide it from us. Like we give a toss anyway

Chip
You`d think that wouldn`t you, but with all the tabloids in this country they`d have done him and his career so much harm. Look at sporting people who come out, like Gareth Thomas, its a lot of pressure and things being written by a$$holes which any hetrosexual man wouldn`t get, so people tend to try and keep it quiet till they "come out".
Which is a shame.

As personally I couldn`t care as long as hes not doing it in front of me.

But he wasn`t doing wrong in the rules as they were, its only since they changed them after all the last problems. So he can`t be judged too harshly, BUT the fact hes loaded meant he could have paid out of his own pocket, but then that way he`d have left a paper trail then "outing" him with his partner.

Sounds worse than it is tbh, but i he had been open about it there are other issues so a toughie.

Had a couple of mates "come out" and it was a VERY hard decision for them, which afterwards was a massive relief, and they do get major hassle about it. So a public figure (non entertainer) would be even worse imho.

Last edited by Jimbob; 30 May 2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 30 May 2010, 04:05 PM
Westwood2006
Scooby Regular

That guy is a total **** sucker.
Old 30 May 2010, 04:53 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Al least he stood down without any spin..

I seem to recall the nulabia guy found 2 weeks into the original stint, spun his

way out of standing down, despite billy liar claiming his government would be

whiter than white.

Mart
Old 30 May 2010, 05:03 PM
Westwood2006
Scooby Regular

Just another pig with his snout in the trough who thought he could get away with it because he was coming from another angle. Sack him for even trying it on IMO. These "leaders" are supposed to be smart people leading by example. WTF?

What disturbs me is that I hadn't even heard of him before the election. I wonder how many others that we don't know of are doing the same... and what is to stop them doing the same with their mates?

Makes me angry.

Old 30 May 2010, 05:25 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by RobJenks
Well here we go again - Now the liberals have been found out with their greed and utter contempt for the public. The bloke is a multi millionaire yet steals from the public.
It is disgusting, paying his boyfriend for accommodation, from the public purse, to keep his homosexuality a secret. I thought that one of the prerequisites of being a Lib Dim MP was to be a shirt-lifter and tbh who cares about his sexuality.

He did wrong, he knew it was wrong and he got caught and it took getting caught to get him to resign and other politicians are praising him for resigning on 'personal grounds' bollox, caught with his hand in the till and was left with no choice or was told to go before he was pushed, scumbag that he is

Last edited by The Zohan; 30 May 2010 at 05:26 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 30 May 2010, 05:32 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Some really stupid comments on this thread.

The guy gave up a very lucrative career to go into politics as he hoped he could contribute something. He didn't charge for his partner's rent bill to make money as such.

It seemed that he was an extremely able bloke as you might expect from someone with a double first from Cambridge. Streets ahead of the guy who has replaced him.

Could have really taken the Cameron plan forward and a perfect fall guy for Osborne.

But a bit naive and he had to go. Shame for the country though.

dl
Old 30 May 2010, 05:43 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock

The guy gave up a very lucrative career to go into politics as he hoped he could contribute something. He didn't charge for his partner's rent bill to make money as such.

It seemed that he was an extremely able bloke as you might expect from someone with a double first from Cambridge. Streets ahead of the guy who has replaced him.

Could have really taken the Cameron plan forward and a perfect fall guy for Osborne.

dl
He`ll be back when they clear him, as he was fine and only came a cropper AFTER they changed the rules. As the old rules stated Spouse/family member, to include "life partner". If he had put down that he was co-renting or paying half of mortgage then he`d have been fine. lol
Old 30 May 2010, 05:44 PM
Westwood2006
Scooby Regular

dl
Yeah, I kind of liked him and the way he 'burst into the scene'. All was rosy there for a couple of days.

Unfortunately despite his double first from Cambridge he apparently flunked politics 101....
Old 30 May 2010, 05:52 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

He didn't charge for his partner's rent bill to make money as such.

dl
as regards stupid comments what exactly are you referring to?

How exactly do you know he didn't do this to make money or make money for his partner who was paid the money?

He is a smart cookie but has displayed a very, very poor lack of judgement rather naivity don't you think, which for anybody in his position is not good.

He only resigned when found out which speaks volumes about him, same as any of the greedy pigs who got caught!

Last edited by The Zohan; 30 May 2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 31 May 2010, 12:58 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

He knew what he was up to alright and that what he was doing was morally wrong as far as claiming the cash was concerned. Just like the rest of his sticky fingered associates. All the pious remarks about the loss of such a great intelligence etc. by the rest of them counts for nothing in this instance.

At least he has been prepared to resign now that it has all come out, which is a lot more than most of his egregious colleagues would do. He is also prepared to resign as an MP which shows he is at a man with a conscience and he deserves some praise for that.

Les
Old 31 May 2010, 04:51 PM
Westwood2006
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
which is a lot more than most of his egregious colleagues would do.
Yes, he took it like a man.
Old 31 May 2010, 07:28 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Theyre all greedy ******* , just like anyone else on the street in reality

..whether they should be whiter than white in position of power is the question really
Old 31 May 2010, 07:59 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Theyre all greedy ******* , just like anyone else on the street in reality

..whether they should be whiter than white in position of power is the question really
If he was a greedy f,ucker as you put it he would have stayed in banking and made some real money, not gone into politics. He was claiming for rent which is reasonable if you need to live in London.

What seems odd is that no one in Downing Street checked to see if there were any skeletons lurking before he was appointed. I see there is a question mark over his replacement now.

dl
Old 01 June 2010, 02:15 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

If he was a greedy f,ucker as you put it he would have stayed in banking and made some real money, not gone into politics. He was claiming for rent which is reasonable if you need to live in London.

What seems odd is that no one in Downing Street checked to see if there were any skeletons lurking before he was appointed. I see there is a question mark over his replacement now.

dl
No space for skeletons in his closet, he was in it... Before this story broke...
Old 01 June 2010, 06:49 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He is 40 years old, why had he not already come out? I understand he comes from a strict family, but I am suspicious of somebody who hides their sexuality in this day and age.
I have more respect for somebody who is open about such things, its hardly that big a deal these days anyway is it? Sometimes I get the impression that its almost a fashionable thing to do to bite your pillow.

He should have known at some point he would be outed, he is in public life after all. It shows poor judgement to leave it to the papers to do
Old 01 June 2010, 07:19 AM
Westwood2006
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
He should have known at some point he would be outed, he is in public life after all. It shows poor judgement to leave it to the papers to do
Excactly! Plus 1. Being "a very private person" is not compatible with being a front line politician .... right or wrong!

Nothing about this sounds straight to me (pardon the pun). What was he thinking?
Old 01 June 2010, 09:05 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

He did it to protect his parents which I can quite understand. It would have broken my old mum's heart if I had turned out to be gay - which I haven't btw. Please realise that gayness is a still a big deal for the older generation. And, dare I say it, I would be pretty pissed off if my son or daughter had turned out to be gay. dl
Old 01 June 2010, 09:17 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

He did it to protect his parents which I can quite understand. It would have broken my old mum's heart if I had turned out to be gay - which I haven't btw. Please realise that gayness is a still a big deal for the older generation. And, dare I say it, I would be pretty pissed off if my son or daughter had turned out to be gay. dl
Thats a pretty accurate comment I reckon.

I dont think his sexuality is of any importance in this affair anyway.

Les
Old 01 June 2010, 02:26 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Les,

It was his sexuality that was the root cause of the problem.

Chip
Old 01 June 2010, 04:57 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Thats a pretty accurate comment I reckon.

I dont think his sexuality is of any importance in this affair anyway.

Les
Les

IMHO you have completely missed the point, his sexuality is/was the reason he got into this situation, not willing to come out of the closit and paying 'rent' to his long-term lover so to create the illlusion of being straight and just renting a room/space in a house.

Bloke is a fool, no one cares if he is gay, well it seems he does, or at least did do so to the extent he used tax payers money to pay ofr his non existant rent - poor show in anyone's books - gay or straight.

One thing is for sure - most people who can read or hear now know he likes the co*k - the secret is well and truely out and he is 'outted'

It is not like he is short of a bob or two either is it
Old 01 June 2010, 06:23 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

It seems quite reasonable to me to charge an amount for rent when he had to stay in London.

Keeping his sexuality secret was his right although pushing it a bit with nosey scum from the News of the World just waiting to ruin some one's life. But he didn't seem the "holding hands in gay clubs" type.

dl
Old 01 June 2010, 06:37 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

David,

I still cant see why it was such a big secret. You cant really tell me that someone's parents would'nt know that their son was a poof or was it that he really was that ashamed of himself being gay.

I don't know and I don't really care either but I do think he could have been good at the job that he had just been given responsibility for which is a shame really.

Chip
Old 01 June 2010, 06:39 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

But he didn't seem the "holding hands in gay clubs" type.

dl
David,

Are you Au fait with this type of situation then

Chip
Old 01 June 2010, 06:52 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by Chip
David,

Are you Au fait with this type of situation then

Chip
Well I'm certainly not planning to out myself on SN, that's for sure. But at least I stick to human beings and not bloody sheep David
Old 01 June 2010, 09:58 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Ah but David, I just happen to know that you sunk your teeth into a bit of welsh in the past.

Chip
Old 01 June 2010, 10:32 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand that but the guy wants to run the country, don't you think he should sort out his own domestic affairs first? I'm sorry if I'm being too judgmental but if after 40 years he can't find a way to tell his mum and dad that he likes it up the batty hole then I don't think he is in a position to organise the UK economy.

Anyway, the plot has thickened, after the gheyer we know have the ginga at it. To be honest, not only is he a ginga but he also looks like a kiddy fiddler to me

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml
Old 02 June 2010, 08:50 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Is it so difficult to understand why a son would not want to force his parents to choose between him and their religious faith?

This guy by all accounts was very talented, and to quote George Osbourne 'born to do the job he was handed'. Anyway thanks to our friends at the Daily Telegraph his position became untenable we are all losers.

If he wanted the money he would of declared his partner and been able to claim significantly more. This is such a cruel situation

Quick Reply: Laws