Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Dragons Den...... the aftermath

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2010, 11:56 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragons Den...... the aftermath

I dont know about other people, but I do love looking up companies that have been accepted and rejected on Dragons Den, to see what happened with the idea.

We all know about Reggae Reggae sauce, but there have been some other great ones.
I know most of the shows are repeats, but thats good, allows 1-2 years for the company/idea to do something.

There was a gadget for waiters a while back, for leveling wobbly tables. Rejected by the dragons and went on to sell over 1 million units in about 18 months.
Oarsome potential is one I just looked up, also rejected.
http://www.oarsome-potential.co.uk/

Always good to see motivated people make their fortunes.
Old 30 May 2010, 12:05 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

i do like dragons den but moreso situations like this, because sometimes the dragons annoy me by thinking that they are better than anyone else that appears in front of them. they all started from humble beginnings with an idea coupled with belief and commitment which is what got them where they are today. just a shame they cannot see this in the people that stand before them. granted some of the ideas would never work BUT a lot would as proved above.
Old 30 May 2010, 12:05 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

We bought a couple of sets to use as an anti vibration aid on some de soutter air drives that we use and they are good for that as well as giving a better more comfortable grip on the tool

Emily is looking further into adapting these for other uses in the engineering world as well. Best of luck to her

Chip
Old 30 May 2010, 12:19 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

How cool Chip, probably a market not even considered at conception of the idea! Nice to see she has made a difference.
The bit that annoys me with some of the Dragons is they try and jargon you to death. Theo and Peter are cool, down to earth and talk English but the others can be a bit arrogant.

http://www.stabletable.co.uk/ was another
Old 30 May 2010, 12:28 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Snazy

Like you I have had CTS so had an interest in reducing vibration through tools. Had op 10 weeks ago and hand is so much better now than before.

Chip
Old 30 May 2010, 12:40 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
Snazy

Like you I have had CTS so had an interest in reducing vibration through tools. Had op 10 weeks ago and hand is so much better now than before.

Chip
Oh crap, did ya. Thats sucks man. Glad to hear the op was a success, wierd op site aint it. All healed properly now? Mine had a few issues closing up, but lovely now. Hope you dont get what I got next lol.

Looking at the product it definatly looks like it would give some protection there. Amazing how the simple idea of one person can have such a positive impact on other people.