dazzaturbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

unbeleivable!!!
Old 30 May 2010, 10:38 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Its nothing to do with H and S, its to avoid offending the sensibilities of anyone who is not represented by the St Georges flag, be they Scotch, Welsh, Irish, Transylvanian etc.
Old 30 May 2010, 10:39 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

And it was all going to be so different once we got rid of Labour
Old 30 May 2010, 10:41 AM
scoobyd00999
Scooby Regular

thats the daily mail for you ,wouldnt believe anything in that rag ,best used in a cat litter tray
Old 30 May 2010, 10:42 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyd00999
thats the daily mail for you ,wouldnt believe anything in that rag ,best used in a cat litter tray
My cat wouldnt p1ss on that! You are so right though......
Old 30 May 2010, 10:43 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Myles
Its nothing to do with H and S, its to avoid offending the sensibilities of anyone who is not represented by the St Georges flag, be they Scotch, Welsh, Irish, Transylvanian etc.
Really!!!!
Beggars belief that folks can be offended by the flag of the Country they are living in.
I would be risking the sack, as I think this is a step too far

Trending Topics

Old 30 May 2010, 10:43 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by f1_fan
And it was all going to be so different once we got rid of Labour

Yes blame the new government for the actions of a local council and private firms ..

Well done ..
Old 30 May 2010, 10:48 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lee247
Really!!!!
Beggars belief that folks can be offended by the flag of the Country they are living in.
I would be risking the sack, as I think this is a step too far
Health and safety is just the fall guy in this one. Councils etc cannot afford to be seen to be promoting the St Georges Cross above any other nationalistic icon in these days of ethnic diversity.
Old 30 May 2010, 10:50 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Yes blame the new government for the actions of a local council and private firms ..

Well done ..
Did you not know that Cameron had his sights set on the St Georges Cross since day one! How long have the Tories been in.........what with the coalition, does F1 fan really think they even have the time to worry about some flags flying in recognition of the greatest nation on earth, for a month or so?
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

I only have 13 pairs of flags left to sell, get em before they are considered CONTRABAND!!
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

The ***** that make these rules up get about 40k a year to sit in meetings and see what they can ruin next under the guise of elf and safety!
Old 30 May 2010, 10:55 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Myles
Health and safety is just the fall guy in this one. Councils etc cannot afford to be seen to be promoting the St Georges Cross above any other nationalistic icon in these days of ethnic diversity.
Well, I think the Council idiots should be ignorned. It's about time folks stood their ground. They can't sack everyone.
I would love some jobsworth to come to my house and tell me to remove any flags from the cars.
Also, it's not illegal so surely can't be enforced

Last edited by Lee247; 30 May 2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 30 May 2010, 10:59 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

eNGGEERRRRRRLLAAAAAANNNnnndddd

etc etc

FWIW i think football is for ****, and i only put them up to shift the flags and make some cash, the flags i have, have been in storage since the last world cup

I also do a nice line in England air fresheners at the moment
Old 30 May 2010, 11:01 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by StickyMicky

etc etc

FWIW i think football is for ****, and i only put them up to shift the flags and make some cash, the flags i have, have been in storage since the last world cup

Good lad

Football bores the knickers off me too, but it's the principle of the thing that is bugging me
Old 30 May 2010, 11:02 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

etc etc

Football isnt for ****, if you dont like it you can suck my ****!
Old 30 May 2010, 11:05 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Old 30 May 2010, 11:07 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

etc etc

lol Del Boy!
Old 30 May 2010, 11:08 AM
Westwood2006
Scooby Regular

We should always remember this is the Daily Maul.... I can't imagine this being true.

Edit: can't imagine it being 100% true!

Last edited by Westwood2006; 30 May 2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 30 May 2010, 11:08 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Well, I think the Council itdiots should be ignorned. It's about time folks stood their ground. They can't sack everyone.
I would love some jobsworth to come to my house and tell me to remove any flags from the cars.
Also, it's not illegal so surely can't be enforced
Non story surely, DM trouble making again over an already sensitive issue of patriotism and Englishness.

All should fly the flag, all the binmen all the taxi drivers and see just how many get sacked.

As long as the flags are secure, safe and do not present a risk to the employees and general public then all is well and not a H&S issue, if they plan to fly full size flags of the back of the cars or in the windscreens then that is probably a common sense issue or indeed the replacement for common sense and responsibilty - Health and Safety

DM say they are supporting the English and the world cup team, how long i wonder before they start to release stories about players, managers and WAG's i wonder and for nothing else but to sell papers - nothing to do with being proud or promoting and supporting the country - hyprocitical scumbags - IMHO
Old 30 May 2010, 11:18 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Non story surely, DM trouble making again over an already sensitive issue of patriotism and Englishness.

All should fly the flag, all the binmen all the taxi drivers and see just how many get sacked.

As long as the flags are secure, safe and do not present a risk to the employees and general public then all is well and not a H&S issue, if they plan to fly full size flags of the back of the cars or in the windscreens then that is probably a common sense issue or indeed the replacement for common sense and responsibilty - Health and Safety

DM say they are supporting the English and the world cup team, how long i wonder before they start to release stories about players, managers and WAG's i wonder and for nothing else but to sell papers - nothing to do with being proud or promoting and supporting the country - hyprocitical scumbags - IMHO
I usually take all news articles with a pinch of salt, Paul. But this is being run in quite a few papers. They can't all be wrong
Old 30 May 2010, 11:21 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

We have to remember that the PC Plonkers are left over from the useless bunch that were "running" the country before and they hate the idea of anything English or British for that matter and have been trying to destroy anything that relates to our traditions and culture.

We have to hope that "Call me Dave" has got the bottle to get rid of them with the coming cuts so that we can have our country back.

They will seize on any excuse to bring up H&S etc to achieve their personal aims to drag this country down to nothing and to attempt to justify their own jobs!

Les
Old 30 May 2010, 11:27 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I usually take all news articles with a pinch of salt, Paul. But this is being run in quite a few papers. They can't all be wrong
Hi Lee,

Yup i googled the story and found it picked up by the local papers which is probably where the Daily Wail got it from. It is a sorry exercise in selling newspapers imho.
Old 30 May 2010, 11:27 AM
scoobyd00999
Scooby Regular

lets face it ,if its not diana dying ,state of the country or to many immigrants coming in ,the daily s**t has nothing to write about
Old 30 May 2010, 11:35 AM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Daily Mail
Drivers in Liverpool were ordered to sign contracts
How does that work then? Isn't that "signing under duress"? How can they be "ordered" to sign a contract?

However, flying an "Eeeen-ger-land" flag from your vehicle is a sure sign of mental instability, so maybe they should be fired for lack of intelligence

mb
Old 30 May 2010, 11:36 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
It's reported in other places as well. Like ... http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2...men-is-banned/ .... No need to shoot the messenger because you don't like their agenda ...

To be honest, all this 'diversity/H&S/equality' shoite is more likely to make me attach a flag to the car/bike for the duration. Funnee that *they* don't see that pushing all these *diversity/H&S/equality* laws is more likely to increase divisions. But then, that's part of the political agenda isn't it? Increasing divisions to enable the passing of new laws to keep us proles in our place ....

Dave

Like i said display the flags so they aren't a risk to anyone and lets see then if they are banned and for what reasons then.

I belive the same problems occur at Christmas, with cards and tress being 'banned' as well - well have they really or is it just bad news sells papers.

I totally agree about creating divisions and i hate to see the English way of life, culture and values being eroded - the good parts of it anyway but i just do not see theis as anymore than the cynical selling of papers.

**** me i am branded as a zenophobic racist on SN so not like i am a wholley minded leftie who wants to 'let em all in and take over'
Old 30 May 2010, 11:40 AM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

i was in 2 minds the other day wether or not to put up my huge flag on the front of my house as i had been told it may offend muslims. so just to be sure i wrote "Allah is a ****" on it.
Old 30 May 2010, 11:41 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Like i said display the flags so they aren't a risk to anyone and lets see then if they are banned and for what reasons then.

I belive the same problems occur at Christmas, with cards and tress being 'banned' as well - well have they really or is it just bad news sells papers.

I totally agree about creating divisions and i hate to see the English way of life, culture and values being eroded - the good parts of it anyway but i just do not see theis as anymore than the cynical selling of papers.

**** me i am branded as a zenophobic racist on SN so not like i am a wholley minded leftie who wants to 'let em all in and take over'
Im a live and let live guy, but this question begs to be asked. If a muslim woman in a burka drives a car, what is her range of vision? Would it be like driving a tank? Surely a flag doesnt impede vision as much as a burka?

Last edited by Myles; 30 May 2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 30 May 2010, 12:12 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by my06 ppp silver
i was in 2 minds the other day wether or not to put up my huge flag on the front of my house as i had been told it may offend muslims. so just to be sure i wrote "Allah is a ****" on it.

Quick Reply: Banned from flying the flag during World Cup