Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related
View Poll Results: Which way are you going to vote ?
Tory
58.21%
Labour
8.96%
Liberal
11.94%
Other
20.90%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

SO . Which way are you going to VOTE

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2010, 08:15 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Question SO . Which way are you going to VOTE

Surely its time for an authoritative testing . No monkey business,straight four way choice
Old 28 April 2010, 08:29 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my first time I'm voting and it's quite a tough decision. There's no outright party I want to vote for as all the policies have pro and cons. It's between Lib Dems or Labour for me.more then likely lib dems as labour have ****ed us royally.

But that all may change
Old 28 April 2010, 08:50 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by antc
This is my first time I'm voting and it's quite a tough decision. There's no outright party I want to vote for as all the policies have pro and cons. It's between Lib Dems or Labour for me.more then likely lib dems as labour have ****ed us royally.

But that all may change
May I ask which Lib Dem policies attract you to them?
Old 28 April 2010, 09:04 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

I agree with the view on immigration as prompted at the debate Cameron couldn't give a cap figure and for labour just look where we are today. But I disagree with the lib Dema view nuclear defence.But to me they are the best out of a bad bunch

But like I say it's my first vote so I'm not going to try and pretend I am a political expert as I'm far from it. Maybe alot of people disagree but they're all bad and maybe a hung parliment would be best.
Old 28 April 2010, 09:23 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I want rid of the local Labour MP, and the LD one is a bit fanatical. Tory guy seems planted to talk to, so he gets my X
Old 28 April 2010, 09:29 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Lib Dems what an amnesty on illegal immigrants. That alone will stop me voting for them. Labour is a party that has allowed an underclass of scum to develop so they're out.
Old 28 April 2010, 09:37 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Lib Dems what an amnesty on illegal immigrants. That alone will stop me voting for them. Labour is a party that has allowed an underclass of scum to develop so they're out.
This is a real sticking point for me too.
Firstly it says that enter the country illegally, hide away in society for 10 years workiing in the underground labour market (also illegal) and your reward is a British passport.

So break the law, keep breaking the law and you get in - nice one, sets a great example and a perfect deterrant to other as well. ******* idiot Lib Dims!

I want NL out so only real alternative is Tory i suppose a hung parliment will just lead to more watered down policies and non decision making.

Trending Topics

Old 28 April 2010, 09:42 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Its a very small 'problem' in the scale of things Paul - surely your not so naive

Id love you to point out one example by the way , even one
Old 28 April 2010, 09:46 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Scrapping sentances under 6 months sounds a bit of a worry for me too. LD what were you thinking.

I can currently see us ending up with a balanced/hung ending to this, but who with who?
Old 28 April 2010, 09:47 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Isn't there an estimated 1 mil illegals here. Now if they become citizens they also get the rights which go with it so expect a lot of marriages and family members joining them. sorry but this country is full. We cant cope with the population we have now. As Paul says it basically says we've given up and those who have broken the law will be rewarded for it. No thank you!
Old 28 April 2010, 09:53 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Its a very small 'problem' in the scale of things Paul - surely your not so naive

Id love you to point out one example by the way , even one
Naive hmm - some 1 million illegal’s - gov't figures so could easily be more. that’s 1 in 65/66 people in this country and you think that is a small problem. most of these people will need to work, so are earning money in the black economy, not paying tax or into the 'system'. This allows the companies they work for in some cases to undercut legit companies who do pay their staff and NI, etc.

2.5million unemployed in this country. I would rather see them working before letting another up to 1 million people become UK citizens because if we do not have jobs for these illegals then they will suddenly be eligible for benefits etc.

And of course the illegals who have been here a few days/months/years - do you seriously think that we can prove they havn't been here for 10 years, they live outside of the laws and ususal ways of measuriing stuff - hadly on the electorial role are they. The effort, money and time would be better spent on education/schools/hospitals than incentivising illegal immigration and law breaking in the UK surely.

If you think that an amnesty for up to 1m illegals is a good idea then please give me some examples of how this will benefit the country and the people of this country

Last edited by The Zohan; 28 April 2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 28 April 2010, 11:25 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Sorry The only illegal iv come across worked rediculously hard at least 2 8 hour shifts a day everyday (paying into the system and getting nothing out ) - when she eventually sat down she was asleep within seconds . For this sort of endeavour she was forcibly deported, after a hunger strike

your average homegrown scrounger wouldnt even entertain the idea of working like this

Last edited by dpb; 28 April 2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 28 April 2010, 11:38 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Sorry The only illegal iv come across worked rediculously hard at least 2 8 hour shifts a day everyday (paying into the system and getting nothing out ) - when she eventually sat down she was asleep within seconds . For this sort of endeavour she was forcibly deported, after a hunger strike

your average homegrown scrounger wouldnt even entertain the idea of working like this
Well you prove my point, they get exploited but do not pay into the system, how can they pay in contribute when they do nt exist as far as the tax, ni and system is concerned. This makes no sense and i would love an explaination as to how they do contribute.

Your example - the person you knew, she was illegal, she entered the country illegally, she worked illegally and she was deported for being illgeal - do you see this as wrong?

Hopefully the company she was working from was fined to the max. As i pointed out a lot of firms employing illegals are undercutting legit firms paying the full whack, NI, etc - how on earth can this be right or justified.

Home grown scroungers, always trotted out and also a huge problem that needs tackling, i cannot see how potentially adding to the problems of this country will help by adding in another upto 1m people who are suddely entitlied to healthcare, schooling, housing, etc. As i said how can we have 2.5+ million unemployed and want to let up to 1m illegals in to the country to work or how else will they support themselves...

You still fail to point out how illegals will help as i asked in my previous post
Old 28 April 2010, 11:55 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

That 1 million will double though as they'll bring in family through marriage etc. Happened in the past and will happen again. You only have to look at the **** hole that is Bradford to see how well it's worked there.
Old 28 April 2010, 11:55 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Not Tory, Conservative for me

Why ?

Because I am ****ing livid the way this tossing Labour govt have ruthlessly ****ed this country from one end to another, sold everything we ever had, given everything that was left to the non worthy and spongers, turned a country that was once proud of winning into a PC bunch of *******, layabouts and scavengers.

Conservatives may be an absolute shower of ****e as well, but no way could you get any lower than we are now.

Oh and I would love for National Citizen Service to be brought in

Apart from that, my reasons are my own
Old 28 April 2010, 12:13 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

I agree a million at one time would be ludicrous , as is our welfare system, i dont belive it would be a milllion tho..

This person i knew should have been given refugee status but came in on a passport from the country next to the one affected . She was genuine but there are of course a lot that are not , this is a failing of the home office.

and she got same as everybody else ( and paid ni ) , just got the ****tier jobs

Last edited by dpb; 28 April 2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 28 April 2010, 12:18 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Wheres Pete when you need him
Old 28 April 2010, 12:19 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
I agree a million at one time would be ludicrous , as is our welfare system, i dont belive it would be a milllion tho..

This person i knew should have been given refugee status but came in on a passport from the country next to the one affected . She was genuine but there are of course a lot that are not , this is a failing of the home office
I have not said a million, upto and how would you decided who has been here for 10+ years how would you prove otherwise.

What and how would you put a figure on it, would 500,000 be ok or of not 250/350,000? How would you fund these people given that they would suddenly need to find legit work not the black economy or would welfare be the answer.

Would you then let their families come here to settle, how and why would that be a good idea.

Welfare system is a good idea in principle but it is being abused.

the amnesty is a lovely idea in a utopian world - sadly the is not the case and all it could cause is more problems for the UK than we already have.

We are already the most densly packed country in Europe - have a look at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00s35k6 for the impact

Last edited by The Zohan; 28 April 2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 28 April 2010, 12:25 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Do people actually vote for their local MP, or for what government they wish to be in power?

For me it's 100% about the government, I don't even want the option of voting for a local MP, but thats our dumbass electoral system for you!

BTW nice to see SN mirroring the nation opinion polls.....oh hang on....
Old 28 April 2010, 12:28 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
Do people actually vote for their local MP, or for what government they wish to be in power?

For me it's 100% about the government, I don't even want the option of voting for a local MP, but thats our dumbass electoral system for you!

Agreed, voting for the party, not the peron who just happens to live in my area
Old 28 April 2010, 12:31 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005

For me I am voting on a local basis, as in reality thats all your vote counts for. In the long term I would like to see Tory's in No10 too. Similar reasons to Swiss really.

Sad truth is, the way the voting system works, if you live in a solid Labour area, a vote for anything else is almost not worth casting (I said almost) And same if its solid Tory etc.
Would be lovely if local and national could actually be broken down, but cant see that ever happening. Should be about person and policy not colour of their ribbon or name of their "group"
Old 28 April 2010, 12:35 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Predictably for SN most posts on this thread are about immigration.

It really is getting boring and is not the biggest issue in this election, not by a long way. Stop being led by the media and look for yourselves at the real problems.

Education, NHS, law and order, bank bailouts, trade deficit etc. etc. all way more important than the immigration 'problem'!!!
Old 28 April 2010, 12:35 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

I'm not voting on my local mp even though my mp for labour is very fit, but I need to look beyond my shallowness lol.

Concerning our immigration problem, it's ok labour and conservatives putting a cap on immigration but what are they going to do about the masses that are already here? This is a genuine question like said before I'm a noob to politics.

I've worked in bradford before and deal with Indian and Pakistani's that have been here for over 10 years and still can't speak a word of English.
Old 28 April 2010, 12:36 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

I'm not voting on my local mp even though my mp for labour is very fit, but I need to look beyond my shallowness lol.

Concerning our immigration problem, it's ok labour and conservatives putting a cap on immigration but what are they going to do about the masses that are already here? This is a genuine question like said before I'm a noob to politics.

I've worked in bradford before and deal with Indian and Pakistani's that have been here for over 10 years and still can't speak a word of English.
Old 28 April 2010, 12:43 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

i so hope the country doesn;t go with the poll on here. the parts are all a bunch of self serving cons, but cameron is the worst of the bunch. yet to see any policies he's preaching that will actualy work.

although tbh i have switch off and pob wont bother to vote. makes no difference whos in, there all the same
Old 28 April 2010, 12:43 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan

It really is getting boring and is not the biggest issue in this election, not by a long way. Stop being led by the media and look for yourselves at the real problems.

Education, NHS, law and order, bank bailouts, trade deficit etc. etc. all way more important than the immigration 'problem'!!!
2nd biggest issue apparently but to not that stop you posting you own opinion as fact eh

some people see how things are linked, the knock-on effects on aother areas some of which you list above.
Old 28 April 2010, 12:48 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Education, NHS, law and order, bank bailouts, trade deficit etc. etc. all way more important than the immigration 'problem'!!![/quote]

Agreed, immigration is a popularist side show, exploited by many party's and media organisations, none of which have actually got a workable and practical solution
Old 28 April 2010, 12:50 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by antc

But that all may change
You do know if you vote Lib-dems, then you'll end up with Gordon Brown again don't you?

Hung parliment, and the Lib-dems will make a deal with Labour.

Want Brown out? Vote Blue.
Old 28 April 2010, 12:51 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

that sound slike the cons manifesto martin,, lol
Old 28 April 2010, 12:59 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

nobody is stopping you from talking about it, I'd like to view peoples opinions on the above topics.

I know lib dems want to scrap the £250 child trust fund and put the money into the education budget which I prefer.

Also no tax for the first £10k earnt every year is good but can't see how they going to justify the loss?

Quick Reply: SO . Which way are you going to VOTE