Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Crash Site

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2002, 01:18 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Other Mods, please move / delete if you think this is poor taste. Personally, I think this needs to be said once in a while

Last week on my way to work I passed the site of a car crash the previous night. Not sure if anyone will know the place. It's on the A5199 heading south from Leicester to Husbands Bosworth. There's a fairly sharp right hander at the end of a good long straight. As I came around the corner I noticed on the road the yellow dashes of paint police use to mark the tracks of car tyres. You could see how the marks first went to the left of the central white line, then curved onto the right hand side. There are then a set of very clear skid marks on both sides. As you continue along the road, the line of the skip marks curves further across the opposite carriage way, eventually leaving the road and continuing into a ditch. In the ditch is a large tree with the mark of a heavy impact. The bark is missing and there are various branches and debris around the area. A little further along there are the signs of the recovery of the vehicle.

At the weekend I read in the local paper that a 22 year old man had died in that crash. His friend is in a critical condition.

It is so chilling to see the marks on the road like that, and to follow them to the point where that man lost his life. You can almost see it happening, as the marks are so clear. Sent a chill down my spine.

It just makes me realise how suddenly a drive in the country can lead to tragedy.

Be careful out there...