Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

come on, who should I vote for this time?

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2010, 07:13 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Default come on, who should I vote for this time?

which of the parties are looking out for me....

MARRIED,
WHITE,
mid 30's MALE,
homeowner,
been in work since leaving school at 16, gaining TRADE qualifications at FE college, also time served apprentership.

Things that I have questions about that I'd like a political party to answer..are..

The tax I pay to what I get back for it.... (being the person mentioned above)

Boarder controls seem poor, why are we not eye scanning/finger printing everyone entering the country and counting visitors IN/OUT... like in the USA

Can we move away from the title TREASURE ISLAND BRITAIN.

Political correctness and data protection loop holes that have gone OTT

What can be done about the unemployed and more important the unemployable!
also all those on long term sick that don't get added to the above unemployed figures.

there a a few more things but I'll start with these, so who can answer the above to make me vote for them?

Phil
Old 06 April 2010, 07:18 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You make an assumption that parties are looking out for you. They're not, they're looking out for themselves.

Note, by all means, but don't expect to be able to hold them to anything they tell you over the next 4 weeks.
Old 06 April 2010, 10:01 PM
97TURBO
Scooby Regular

This should help http://www.votematch.org.uk/2010/index.php
Old 07 April 2010, 01:26 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Phil,

Stop being mental. Political parties do not give a **** about you or I.

At work we've had the Lib Dem's trying to get us to go round and arrest the local Labour candidate for non-criminal offences.

Personally I'd have been happy to nick the lot of them. All politicians are corrupt and deserve a PNC ID.
Old 07 April 2010, 07:03 AM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

well its a shame Gloria isn't my local candidate.. think she'll win Ashfield hands down

http://www.mademan.com/chickipedia/gloria-de-piero/
Old 07 April 2010, 08:24 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by salsa-king
Boarder controls seem poor, why are we not eye scanning/finger printing everyone entering the country and counting visitors IN/OUT... like in the USA
Phil - keep up. They have been fingerprinting foreigners since last year!!

We to choose between the unelectable and the unready! What a choice, huh!
Old 07 April 2010, 09:24 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

There used to be a time when a government did the job for the sake of the people. That has been absent for so long, it would be a shock to the system if it ever does again. I think it would actually bother our consciences if it did.

You have asked the relevant questions whuch were obviously generated by the performance of the self seeking bunch of incompetents that we have known for so long now.

You have to make your choice depending on what you think may happen in the future!

Les
Old 07 April 2010, 10:02 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Vote labour, let them clean up their own mess, and become extinct in the process....
Old 07 April 2010, 10:25 AM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

I like how you post on here as if somebody from government is watching
Old 07 April 2010, 10:25 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I just don't think we can afford to do that.

Les
Old 07 April 2010, 12:10 PM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

MARRIED,
WHITE,
mid 30's MALE,
homeowner,
been in work since leaving school at 16, gaining TRADE qualifications at FE college, also time served apprentership.
Ahh, those stats make you a minority these days! No-one wants your vote
Old 07 April 2010, 12:51 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

have to say there all a right dodgy bunch. will prob go labour myself because i openly despise cameron. they have no credible policies and just like to rant about how bad labour is instead of saying what there gonna do to solve the problems.
Old 07 April 2010, 12:56 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

It really is a depresing situation for me

We have the choice between 2 alternatives who basically aren't that 'alternative'. Tories had a 17 years stint and Labour 13 years, neither made much of a difference.

For me the real issues aren't going to be addressed, the biggest of which is why we live in country where a party that polls 35% of the vote can end up with a majority of 60 seats! One of the reasons so many people are disenfranchised is that their votes simply doesn't matter, it only matters for the few who live in key marginal constituencies, why is there no outcry about this? Where is the real alternative view, why aren't people marching on Westmisnster demanding real democracy?
Old 07 April 2010, 12:57 PM
belliott69
Scooby Regular

i can't see why anyone would vote labour again this time, really is there no chance you believe that change might be good for once, at least with the tories rich people will actually start to spend money again. i know some people don't like the tories as they are a bit posh and have got more money but, would you trust a business that had a well educated and clever man at the top or a scottish half blind, incompetent fool who put us in this mess in the first place with some very stupid decisions in his old job.
Old 07 April 2010, 01:19 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by belliott69
i can't see why anyone would vote labour again this time, really is there no chance you believe that change might be good for once, at least with the tories rich people will actually start to spend money again. i know some people don't like the tories as they are a bit posh and have got more money but, would you trust a business that had a well educated and clever man at the top or a scottish half blind, incompetent fool who put us in this mess in the first place with some very stupid decisions in his old job.
He may well be hopeless and unsuited to the job of PM but, how is being scottish or disabled relevant?

Can't we debate politics without using trivial and irrelevant insults?
Old 07 April 2010, 02:09 PM
Bram
Scooby Regular

Thats being a bit harsh on David Cameron.
Old 07 April 2010, 02:56 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MARRIED,
WHITE,
mid 30's MALE,
homeowner,

Things that I have questions about that I'd like a political party to answer..are..

The tax I pay to what I get back for it.... (being the person mentioned above)

Can we move away from the title TREASURE ISLAND BRITAIN.

Political correctness and data protection loop holes that have gone OTT

What can be done about the unemployed and more important the unemployable!
also all those on long term sick that don't get added to the above unemployed figures.

there a a few more things but I'll start with these, so who can answer the above to make me vote for them?

Phil
Phil, vote Conservative mate.
Old 07 April 2010, 03:04 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Yup conservative
Old 07 April 2010, 03:17 PM
belliott69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
He may well be hopeless and unsuited to the job of PM but, how is being scottish or disabled relevant?

Can't we debate politics without using trivial and irrelevant insults?

i forgot that sammi chakrabarti's group of no hopers lurk on here.
Old 07 April 2010, 03:26 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Draw a big bell end on your ballot paper add a smiley face and a box , then vote for him Then again we already have a giant bell end for PM (although not with a smiley face) in gormless clown.

Oh I see the digital bill has been passed, hang on their are two men in suits at the door...
Old 07 April 2010, 03:36 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

the problem is that people want to vote labour out rather than tories in.
Old 07 April 2010, 03:41 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gallois
the problem is that people want to vote labour out rather than tories in.
Thats not a problem, just make sure you vote Conservative then
Old 07 April 2010, 04:02 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

The truth is, Labour have moved more right-wing over the past ten years, and the Tories have moved to the left, so what we have is basically two identical centre parties, neither of which are worth the steam off my ****, let alone an 'x' on a ballot paper.
Old 07 April 2010, 04:08 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
Thats not a problem, just make sure you vote Conservative then
i'd rather eat my own liver, thanks anyway.
Old 07 April 2010, 04:53 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

i forgot that sammi chakrabarti's group of no hopers lurk on here.
Is that the best answer you can give to your tragically childish initial post?
Old 07 April 2010, 05:01 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
Is that the best answer you can give to your tragically childish initial post?

You do realise the schools have broken up?
Old 07 April 2010, 06:20 PM
belliott69
Scooby Regular

it may seem childish, maybe thats because i am quite young but have taken a big interest in politics the last few years, new labour as they like to be called have taken this country back to a time when people were living on the breadline and have no work. all i was trying to say is that i would rather vote for a change in power as there can be no harm in trying cameron as there's not alot he can do worse. i just don't understand how people can still forgive brown, he forced blair out who still sort of had thing under control and then lost alot of peers due to being incompetant and still has not done anything to help out this once great country of ours. now if he came out and said he would slash aid we sent to other countrys until we could sort our own mess out there would be a reason to people to vote labour.
Old 07 April 2010, 06:24 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

I think basically the Parties are looking for trhe VOTE from ppl who are on benifit and are reliant on the governemnt that gives them more for doing less.

Ie: you don't work and/or a single parent teenager with 5kids, so you get everything given to you cus your classed as low earner/income.

Those who do work.. pay tax get nothing, but there the ones paying for the non working benifit scrounging drop outs who expect to be looked after by the 'state'.

You work all your life, buy a house, put food on the table, then you get ill in old age, need to go into a nursing home (that you're paying for) and your in a seat having dinner next to a person who's saved nothing/lived only for the day, holidays and spent everything, didn't bother buying their wn house. and they. have their old peoples home BILL paid for by the working tax payer.
Is that fair or unfair?

Or both parents go to work to bring up their 2.4 kids the best they can, give them the best start in life etc.. but what help do working parents get compaired to those who don't work and keep having kids they can't afford? (if having kids came down to the cost and how much it cost to raise them)
Old 07 April 2010, 06:55 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MJW
The truth is, Labour have moved more right-wing over the past ten years, and the Tories have moved to the left, so what we have is basically two identical centre parties, neither of which are worth the steam off my ****, let alone an 'x' on a ballot paper.
What a ridiculous statement. You are complaining that both major parties occupy the centre ground, so what would you prefer? A more extreme left or right wing alternative? Which one? I'd be interested to know which and why.

As for them being not worth the 'steam off your ****'...what have you done that's so great that makes you (and your ****) so special? What have you done for the country, society or even your local community?

Despite all the spin, politicians on both sides actually have done quite a lot of good for this country and their local communities. What have you done?
Old 07 April 2010, 06:58 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
have to say there all a right dodgy bunch. will prob go labour myself because i openly despise cameron. they have no credible policies and just like to rant about how bad labour is instead of saying what there gonna do to solve the problems.
I take it from the fact you don't know how to spell, use a full stop or a capital letter that you didn't go to Eton?

Quick Reply: come on, who should I vote for this time?