Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Nokia x6 few questions

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2010, 09:31 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nokia x6 few questions

I fancy a new phone and the nokia x6 seems to fit the criteria for me, its got wi fi, gps / nokia maps, built in speakers etc.
Ok does anyone use nokia maps ? Is it any good, does it need an internet connection to work or is it simlair to say a tom tom where all the data is stored in memory ?

Is it worth paying the extra for mobile internet, considering 95% of the places I will be going to will have a wi fi connection that I can hop onto and collect emails / quick check of relevant web sites ?
I'm not a facebook / twitter user so I really cant see the ned to pay for it - but am I missing somethign out here ?

I dont want to pay any more than £25 per month v max inc data (if wanted) so rules out iphones I guess - cant seem to really get on with blackberry I used before.

Is there any other phones I shoudl be looking at ? Bit of a Nokia fan really !

Richard
Old 29 March 2010, 10:00 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sony Vivazz seems to do more for that figure , shame it appears to made from gossamer thin plastic

Can you still get nokia music for a year....... and how much is it ?
Old 31 March 2010, 12:53 AM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The vivaz...We have sold 3 and had 2 back faulty. HD camera but no HD screen..? Fail from Sony Ericsson there i think

The X6 is a nice simple phone. Nokia have done well with their touch screen phones, i just don't feel they are as great as other touch screen phones on the market. However i have only said that as i think Android is the way forward. I always used to be a Nokia fan though and still look out for what they are doing next.

Having said all that if you are looking to spend £25 then i guess it would be the best phone for the money, especially if you like Nokias. The lay out is very similar to all other Nokias so that is always a plus.

The Nokia maps is now free from the ovi store. It does need a data connection as this is where it gets the map and traffic info from. It is not uncommon to find tariffs for £25 a month that include the data for free. We (orange) are bringing out our new revised plans (18 month) and i am pretty sure you can get internet included for free.

Other than that i usually recommend that the internet bundle is taken as you can then use emails if you wish, and you can always use the sat nav or get apps from the ovi store, and you will never get the nasty shock of receiving a bill with huge data charges as it can be expensive out of bundle.