Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But pirates argggggggghhhhhhhhhhh great
Old 24 March 2010, 02:08 PM
markr1963
Scooby Regular

Good to see the pirates get a kicking. The News says this will just escalate the level of arms these pirate types carry. Anyone seen the film 'Swordfish'? Take a boat, nuke a city. Extreme? These ******* need to be stopped.
Old 24 March 2010, 02:21 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markr1963
Anyone seen the film 'Swordfish'? Take a boat, nuke a city..
Ive often thought the Swordfish approach would solve a lot of this world's issues.
Old 24 March 2010, 02:21 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The thing is, when you tackle anything head on it will escalate first. But more of an effort needs to be made by any countries that have an interest in ships heading through there to put an end to this. Obviously it's one of those things that you'll never totally eradicate, but I think we certainly need to get tougher.
Old 24 March 2010, 02:28 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
The thing is, when you tackle anything head on it will escalate first. But more of an effort needs to be made by any countries that have an interest in ships heading through there to put an end to this. Obviously it's one of those things that you'll never totally eradicate, but I think we certainly need to get tougher.
nah - just got medieval on their asses - job done.
Old 24 March 2010, 02:35 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Could not happen to a better bloke!

I keep thinking about that husband and wife being held prisoner for such a long time now and their health is suffering significantly.

I think it is disgraceful that the authorities use the "Human Rights" act to resist sending an SAS squad in to sort the pirates and release the prisoners. The Navy were even stopped from resisting the pirates' attack on their yacht I understand!

Millimetre and his band of lily livered mates are good for nothing!

Les
Old 24 March 2010, 02:48 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie

I keep thinking about that husband and wife being held prisoner for such a long time now and their health is suffering significantly.

I think it is disgraceful that the authorities use the "Human Rights" act to resist sending an SAS squad in to sort the pirates and release the prisoners. The Navy were even stopped from resisting the pirates' attack on their yacht I understand!

Les
It's shocking. These criminals have given up their "Human Rights" by trying to take what doesn't belong to them... not to mention the way they go about it. Just another example of the limp wristed politicians we have in power now. They're so worried about the possibility of upsetting others that they aren't prepared to protect the civilised world and its values. I just hope more companies start hiring security like this to kill the pirates in the act, should it happen. Maybe that will act as some deterrent.

Some people might argue that the pirates will step up the violence, but the violence needs to be stepped up to meet them. At the end of the day, they need the ships, so it's not as if they can step things up to a level which can't be effectively fought by well trained security on board.
Old 24 March 2010, 04:19 PM
superstar1
BANNED

Les
Where in Somalia do you send the SAS, or do we just have done with it and mount a full scale invasion of Somalia and install some form of law, order and civilisation by force.
Old 24 March 2010, 04:29 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

The Navy didn't try and rescue the old cuple during the kidnapping as it would have endangered them.

I do find it hard to believe that the SAS couldn't try and rescue them now though. Imagine if they were Israelis! Raid on Entebbe 2 anyone!

Steve
Old 24 March 2010, 04:58 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by superstar1
Where in Somalia do you send the SAS, or do we just have done with it and mount a full scale invasion of Somalia and install some form of law, order and civilisation by force.
and on the plus side we get a cracking film out of it
Old 24 March 2010, 05:56 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markr1963

Good to see the pirates get a kicking. The News says this will just escalate the level of arms these pirate types carry. Anyone seen the film 'Swordfish'? Take a boat, nuke a city. Extreme? These ******* need to be stopped.
I don't think that would stop them for one second.
Old 24 March 2010, 06:03 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Errr.... "escalation of violence"????

"Seven pirates armed with automatic weapons and rocket propelled grenades twice tried to board the Panamanian-flagged MV Almezaan 60 miles off the Somali coast."
What the hell are they going to step up to?
Old 24 March 2010, 06:28 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns
Errr.... "escalation of violence"????

What the hell are they going to step up to?
Exactly.
Old 25 March 2010, 01:54 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It's shocking. These criminals have given up their "Human Rights" by trying to take what doesn't belong to them... not to mention the way they go about it. Just another example of the limp wristed politicians we have in power now. They're so worried about the possibility of upsetting others that they aren't prepared to protect the civilised world and its values. I just hope more companies start hiring security like this to kill the pirates in the act, should it happen. Maybe that will act as some deterrent.

Some people might argue that the pirates will step up the violence, but the violence needs to be stepped up to meet them. At the end of the day, they need the ships, so it's not as if they can step things up to a level which can't be effectively fought by well trained security on board.
Spot on.

Les
Old 25 March 2010, 01:57 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Have you no idea of the SAS's capabilities? Try looking up their actions during the Gulf War, you might learn something!

Les
Old 25 March 2010, 02:14 PM
superstar1
BANNED

Have you no idea of the SAS's capabilities? Try looking up their actions during the Gulf War, you might learn something!

Les
Capablities count for nothing without intelligence, the couple are probably held in seperate locations in a country where it is the norm for everyone to carry an AK47, or even something heavier with plenty of ammunition and skilled in urban warefare. The SAS would not stand a chance on their home territory, even with eyes on the ground with exact up to the minute information.
It would be like tossing a pound coin out of an aircraft and than telling the SAS to go and find it.
You been reading too much fiction Leslie, these are elements that live in a permanent dark dirty world and are waiting for the likes of the SAS and will chop them to pieces and display the bits on the internet just for the crack.
Old 25 March 2010, 02:57 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Capablities count for nothing without intelligence, the couple are probably held in seperate locations in a country where it is the norm for everyone to carry an AK47, or even something heavier with plenty of ammunition and skilled in urban warefare. The SAS would not stand a chance on their home territory, even with eyes on the ground with exact up to the minute information.
It would be like tossing a pound coin out of an aircraft and than telling the SAS to go and find it.
You been reading too much fiction Leslie, these are elements that live in a permanent dark dirty world and are waiting for the likes of the SAS and will chop them to pieces and display the bits on the internet just for the crack.
Well I have met a good few from the SAS and other similar organisations and you are underestimating them seriously. If they were given the job to get those poor people free I am quite sure that they could do it.

The thought of those two being kept prisoner for so long without any sign of hope for them does not bear thinking about. How much faith can we place in Millimetre and his useless bunch?

Incidentally, you have no idea what I read.

Les
Old 25 March 2010, 03:35 PM
superstar1
BANNED

Well I have met a good few from the SAS and other similar organisations and you are underestimating them seriously. If they were given the job to get those poor people free I am quite sure that they could do it.

The thought of those two being kept prisoner for so long without any sign of hope for them does not bear thinking about. How much faith can we place in Millimetre and his useless bunch?

Incidentally, you have no idea what I read.

Les
What you read is most probably fiction regarding the SAS/special forces etc. If they were that clever Bin Laden would'nt be still running around with impunity. Mind you he's probably living in Burnley, Lancashire in a council house living on benefit, subsidised by us.
Old 25 March 2010, 04:57 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Good, should have had thier own RPG's and killed the fecking lot. Scum like these pirates only understand violence and will only stop when the threat is too great to them.

I am sure one of the usual bleeding hearts will say that it is not thier fault and they are the victims and what they need is aid and lots of hugs and love- well bollox to that!

Thank God it was not the Royal Navy or we would have had a boatload of pirates turned asylum seekers and they would be here in the UK in just a few weeks settling in...

No offence to the Navy, more their masters - the NL Gov't and ultimately the EU scheisters

Last edited by The Zohan; 25 March 2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 25 March 2010, 05:00 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

What you read is most probably fiction regarding the SAS/special forces etc. If they were that clever Bin Laden would'nt be still running around with impunity. Mind you he's probably living in Burnley, Lancashire in a council house living on benefit, subsidised by us.
Bin Laden is free because the ME/asia is a big place and he is very well connected, funded and supported - agree with the Burnley comment although i thought he was in Bradistan
Old 25 March 2010, 05:36 PM
Norman D. Landings
Scooby Regular

I'll be in burnley in 70 minutes, I'll look out for him. Although he's more likely to be in Blackburn to be fair.
Old 25 March 2010, 06:44 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Norman D. Landings
I'll be in burnley in 70 minutes, I'll look out for him. Although he's more likely to be in Blackburn to be fair.
are you sure it isn't Bradford?
Old 25 March 2010, 07:29 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

You seriously underestimate British Special Forces. Doesn't matter how twisted or crazy you think these types are, the SAS/SBS are more than capable of dealing with them. Just take a look at how they've performed against the Taliban.

The culture in African countries like Somalia really doesn't lend itself well to discipline or any form of proper training and that is where Special Forces excel. They wouldn't stand a chance.

It's no secret which ports these pirates operate from, so it wouldn't be difficult for them to be targeted to make sure they don't have any means to carry out their attacks. Also, SBS train to board and retake ships and I'm sure they're more than capable of the task if needs must.

Last edited by GlesgaKiss; 25 March 2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 25 March 2010, 08:07 PM
superstar1
BANNED

You seriously underestimate British Special Forces. Doesn't matter how twisted or crazy you think these types are, the SAS/SBS are more than capable of dealing with them. Just take a look at how they've performed against the Taliban.

The culture in African countries like Somalia really doesn't lend itself well to discipline or any form of proper training and that is where Special Forces excel. They wouldn't stand a chance.

It's no secret which ports these pirates operate from, so it wouldn't be difficult for them to be targeted to make sure they don't have any means to carry out their attacks. Also, SBS train to board and retake ships and I'm sure they're more than capable of the task if needs must.
Yes special forces have been deployed against the Taliban for 9 years and nothing has been resolved. It took 5 years to defeat the *****, including the SS. So on that basis the Taliban are more fanatical/determined, as are the third world Somalis.
Old 25 March 2010, 08:14 PM
superstar1
BANNED

Originally Posted by Norman D. Landings
He's easy to spot, he wears sandals and carries an AK47, he may smoke one of those big pipe things and there will be a sickly sweet smell in the air.
But don't confuse him with Jack Straw (Blackburn MP) his hair is a bit shorter, wears glasses and doesn't smoke the waccy baccy pipe (well not in public anyway).
Old 25 March 2010, 08:15 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Yes special forces have been deployed against the Taliban for 9 years and nothing has been resolved. It took 5 years to defeat the *****, including the SS. So on that basis the Taliban are more fanatical/determined, as are the third world Somalis.
Old 25 March 2010, 08:41 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Old 25 March 2010, 09:27 PM
superstar1
BANNED

Don't forget, the US Rangers and Delta's got their @rses kicked in Somalia, and they had helicopter gunships gallore.
The British government think they can fight a credit crunch war, if the Yanks couldn't do it with the resources at their disposal, how can the Brits do it with a fleet of ****** Landrovers?
You have been reading too many comic books, this lot have been in credit crunch for an eternity, any infidel will leave in a body bag, we have all seen it on the news.
We should leave them to it, bring the troops abroad home and kick the scumbags that call themselves British out of the UK and back to these badlands where they can worship their god as they so wish.

Quick Reply: Get The Champagne Out!