Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Government borrowing less than forecast

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 2010, 02:47 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Government borrowing less than forecast

UK government borrowing could be less than forecast this financial year after better-than-expected figures for February and revised January data.

The UK government borrowed £12.4bn in February, less than economists had expected, official figures have shown.

The figure for January was also revised sharply downwards, to £43m from £4.3bn.

Revisions for this financial year have now reduced borrowing by £2.9bn, meaning full-year borrowing could beat the government's £178bn forecast.

Until recently, most analysts thought the government's borrowing forecast was too optimistic.

Surely no-one in their right mind would allow the Tories (or anyone else) destroy this magnificent turnaround in the economy?

Well done Brown and Darling - cracking stuff

You're still not getting my vote - but, quite clearly, you are both great statesmen and the UK is safe in your hands!
Old 18 March 2010, 03:00 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, you don't give up do you?

Not sure your faith in them is justified, but I am equally as worried about the Tories.... a sort of damned if you don't, damned if you do situation.
Old 18 March 2010, 03:21 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Whilst UK government borrowing could be less than forecast this financial year after better-than-expected figures for February and revised January data, its still at an unbearably high level and likely to bankrupt the UK

The UK government borrowed another £12.4bn in February, less than economists had expected, official figures have shown, indicating that they are just "completely useless", rather than "completely fecking abysmally useless"

The figure for January was also revised sharply downwards, to £43m from £4.3bn as it was discovered that someone had placed the decimal point in the wrong place

Revisions for this financial year have now reduced borrowing by £2.9bn, meaning full-year borrowing could beat the government's £178bn forecast, although whether being "absolutely fecked" is better than being "completely fecked" may be a moot point at the end of the day

Until recently, most analysts thought the government's borrowing forecast was "too optimistic", now they just think its "optimistic"

Surely no-one in their right mind would allow Brown (or anyone else in NL) to continue to destroy the economy?

Well done Brown and Darling - you've really done it this time

You're still not getting my vote as, quite clearly, you are both completely incompetent

I think that's a bit closer to the mark

And to add some balance to Pete's continual trolling:

From The Guardian

"Labour's strategy for controlling Britain's spending was tonight under fresh challenge when it emerged that the European commission is preparing to demand tougher government action to rein in the UK's record peacetime deficit. In findings which were seized upon by the Conservatives, Brussels warned that the current plans for repairing the black hole in the budget left by a deep and long recession needed to be more ambitious.

"A credible time frame for restoring public finances to a sustainable position requires additional fiscal tightening measures beyond those currently planned," said a draft report, due to be approved by the commission , but leaked to the news agency Reuters. It added: "The overall conclusion is that the fiscal strategy in the convergence programme is not sufficiently ambitious and needs to be significantly reinforced."

The findings are likely to stoke what has become the pivotal political row between the two main parties ahead of next week's budget, and the general election campaign that will follow.

They will add to pressure on the prime minister at a time when Labour's new-year resurgence appears to have stalled. An ICM poll for the Guardian tomorrow shows the gap between the parties has increased, to a nine-point Conservative lead over Labour. It also suggests that Brown's personal unpopularity with the electorate remains a drag on the party's standing, even though the Tories have been beset by their own problems in recent weeks.

Last edited by Devildog; 18 March 2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 18 March 2010, 03:37 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

UK government borrowing could be less than forecast this financial year after better-than-expected figures for February and revised January data.

The UK government borrowed £12.4bn in February, less than economists had expected, massaged official figures have shown.

Revisions for this financial year have now reduced borrowing by £2.9bn, meaning full-year borrowing could beat the government's £178bn forecast.

Until recently, most analysts thought the government's borrowing forecast was too optimistic.

Surely no-one in their right mind would allow the Tories (or anyone else) destroy this magnificent turnaround in the economy?

Well done Brown and Darling - I want to lick your arseholes clean and then kneel before you and feel your salvation all over my face

You're still not getting my vote - but, quite clearly, you are both great statesmen and my **** feels great in your hands!

ps. I am a retard
Bit closer again
Old 18 March 2010, 03:42 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PMSL... unbelievable, just unbelievable.
Old 18 March 2010, 03:43 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
PMSL... unbelievable, just unbelievable.
And people question why he was banned the first time..lol...
Old 18 March 2010, 04:16 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Devildog

Trending Topics

Old 18 March 2010, 04:40 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Borrowed less than economists expected? None of them expected him to borrow ANYTHING in January, just like every other government never has
Old 18 March 2010, 04:54 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Economists no **** all. I'm sick to death of economists being " suprised, shocked or revising figures ". What is the point of these feckwits?

As for PSL's OP, if we did borrow less than expected, that can only be a good thing. Still a huge amount of money though.
Old 18 March 2010, 05:22 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

You don't give up do you
Old 18 March 2010, 06:11 PM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

Well we all know Flash has a tendancy to lie about figures
Old 19 March 2010, 10:19 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I was simply reporting what was on the BBC Website ............ do you accuse those at the BBC of trolling?

Facts are facts, reporting them cannot be considered against the rules of engagement on here, or any other BBS

And the fact is that things are looking much better than forecast, and as you blame the Government for everything - you must be blaming them for this imporovement too?
Old 19 March 2010, 10:39 AM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

I was simply reporting what was on the BBC Website ............ do you accuse those at the BBC of trolling?

Facts are facts, reporting them cannot be considered against the rules of engagement on here, or any other BBS

And the fact is that things are looking much better than forecast, and as you blame the Government for everything - you must be blaming them for this imporovement too?

But only a retard would not realise that it was flash and his shirt lifter buddies that got us in this mess. Do you have a TV under your bridge
Old 19 March 2010, 10:48 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Wink

Whilst UK government borrowing could be less than forecast this financial year after better-than-expected figures for February and revised January data, its still at an unbearably high level and likely to bankrupt the UK

'Could' being the operative word.

whoever takes over will be handed a poisoned challiace, even from the self proclaimed saviour of the world - Our very own Flash Gordon Brown.
Old 19 March 2010, 10:50 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

And of course you have absolutley no history of trolling or even being banned for such behaviour... oh, hang on a mo...
Old 19 March 2010, 01:20 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

They are still borrowing record amounts.

Bit like being happy at only being stabbed 6 times instead of 10.
Old 19 March 2010, 02:52 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Devildog
I think it is wrong to come out with a statement like that. Can you explain why someone should be banned for posting his own beliefs as well as published facts?

Even if I do seriously disagree myself with what he said, I prefer to see fair play.

I think that passing such a remark as yours above is far closer to trolling than anything that he said. it is tantamount to taking advantage with a cheap criticism.

Les
Old 19 March 2010, 02:52 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Remember that Labour didn't cause the world collapse ..... but they did save it!

That's a FACT - like it or not!

I'm not voting Labour but wouldn't blame anyone who did as they are clearly the party to continue with the good work ........
Old 19 March 2010, 02:58 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

My sure the great great grand children, still saddled with debt , will look back with affection at Gordans little treat

Old 19 March 2010, 03:48 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover

Old 19 March 2010, 04:02 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Gordons the man with a plan, and the plan is to bend everyone over and roger every penny out of the taxpayer, then blow it all on gimmicks and more civil servants

Old 19 March 2010, 04:03 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Remember that Labour didn't cause the world collapse ..... but they did save it!

That's a FACT - like it or not!

I'm not voting Labour but wouldn't blame anyone who did as they are clearly the party to continue with the good work ........
If they had not run the economy into the ground since they inherited a very strong financial position from the Conservatives and continued their grossly wasteful and useless overspending financed by enormous overborrowing, and having to flog off half our gold reserves in sheer desperation, we would have been in a far better position to withstand the recession which they ignored when it was seen to be coming, and they made sure the FSA did not upset the bankers whom they worshipped, we would be in a much better position to withstand the present day's problems without having to further borrow ourselves into a mindbending national debt apprroaching £1.5 trillion at the last count which will still be being repaid by our grandchildren, if the country can find enough to pay off the interest!

I was not really trying to break the longest sentence record though!

Wake up Pete!

Les
Old 19 March 2010, 04:13 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Good point missed by some.............
Old 19 March 2010, 04:14 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by r32
Good point missed by some.............
or ignored by a certain troll?
Old 19 March 2010, 04:20 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
or ignored by a certain troll?
I wonder if he put his clocks back? He's obviously very gullible and likely to believe absolute tosh, how can you take some one like that seriously?

Last edited by r32; 19 March 2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 19 March 2010, 08:01 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

It's more like being stabbed by some mugger, and then Brown coming along and stopping the stabbing after just 6 times ..... instead of the intended 10.

He has clearly saved your life, and now has borrowed money off a passer-by to pay for your taxi to hospital for you to recover fully ................ that's the truth of what has happened!
Old 19 March 2010, 08:15 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

It's more like being stabbed by some mugger, and then Brown coming along and stopping the stabbing after just 6 times ..... instead of the intended 10, Then stabbing you a further ten times himself.

He has clearly fukced up your life, and now has borrowed money off a passer-by to pay for your taxi to hospital for you to recover fully, and you will spend the rest of your life paying him, the passerby, the taxi and the hospital, as will your children and your grandchildren. ................ that's the bullsh*t in black and the truth in blue, of what has happened!

Editted for accuracy,
Old 19 March 2010, 08:29 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

Red face

If Darling was FD of a real business, he'd be fired for getting the accounting so wrong. Reassuring that these clowns are in charge of the public finances!
Old 19 March 2010, 08:54 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=pslewis;9293259]UK government borrowing could be less than forecast this financial year after better-than-expected figures for February and revised January data.

The UK government borrowed £12.4bn in February, less than economists had expected, official figures have shown.

OUTSTANDING it was said in the papers to be the same as someone on 30grand owing 30grand on a credit card with a 200thousand mortgage right sensible that makes my borrowing look llike a small overdraft

Quick Reply: Government borrowing less than forecast