Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 23 March 2002, 12:36 AM
ScoobydoobyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

been working on my 'CV' site comments welcome good or bad (pref good )

http://www.dave-smith.info/index.htm
Old 24 March 2002, 04:58 PM
ScoobydoobyDave
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Anyone??
Old 24 March 2002, 05:04 PM
Goldfinger
Scooby Regular

Dave - looks good mate, although it is quite tricky to scroll down and the continuous flashing can be a little off-putting. On the whole, think it reads well and you've got all the pertinent info you need .... best of luck!

Cheers
Phil
Old 24 March 2002, 05:12 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Looks quite good to me, although I have problems with some of the links not working first time, ie clicking on the wheel selector image, I had to go to the howard interiors link first, maybe the link is being assigned on change of tab, which is not happening when you first go to that page? Maybe the magic photo page should display an image by default?
The only other strange thing is the size of the site, just occupying a little rectangle in the centre of an IE window.

Old 24 March 2002, 05:13 PM
Scotty Boy
Scooby Regular

Hi Dave,

Scott (RB5) here

IMHO;

* I like the theme - simple layout that clearly demonstrates a good understanding of web development.

* was fast loading (but i do have a 512k connection)

* in the web design section i know that the url link is with the picture but when i see a typed url
http:/www.dave-smith.info/wheelsite i like to be able to click that too.

* in the web design section - i am happy clicking around and see where i am taken, but it is not totally crystal clear the numbered boxes take you to other examples.

Best of luck with your venture, c u around
Scott
Old 24 March 2002, 06:02 PM
ScoobydoobyDave
Scooby Regular

Looks quite good to me, although I have problems with some of the links not working first time, ie clicking on the wheel selector image, I had to go to the howard interiors link first, maybe the link is being assigned on change of tab, which is not happening when you first go to that page? Maybe the magic photo page should display an image by default?
The only other strange thing is the size of the site, just occupying a little rectangle in the centre of an IE window.
Hadnt noticed that to be honest, but all sorted now! Cheers!

The size is down to the fact that you still have to design for 800*600 setup to cater for everyone! Get out of the stoneage peeps!

* in the web design section i know that the url link is with the picture but when i see a typed url
http:/www.dave-smith.info/wheelsite i like to be able to click that too.

* in the web design section - i am happy clicking around and see where i am taken, but it is not totally crystal clear the numbered boxes take you to other examples.
Taken on board dude, and corrected! The domain thing did work but had some problems with the host and it the link changed /sw instead of /wheelsite

Cheers for all the comments! If you look again (you may need to delete your temp int files - I have trouble seeing updated ones otherwise) it should be sorted!

Thanks again
Dave