Flash Gordon a bully?

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2010, 08:29 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flash Gordon a bully?

BBC News - PM staff 'called bully helpline'

My understanding of bullying in the workplace is that shouting at people, banging down phones, kicking the photocopier, throwing things around, etc is bullying in the workplace, you do not have to lay hands on people to be a bully.

fortunately Brown is in luck as he has pillars (or is that pillocks) of the community - mandelson to stand up for him, now there's a man not familiar with twisting the truth, some might even say a liar BBC News - Mandelson denies Brown 'bullying' claims
Thats ok then, it never happened.

BBC - Nick Robinson's Newslog: Brown's behaviour
Is he a bully? he might get away with some odd behaviour, with a few fau pars if he was a likeable soul and had some personable qualities but IMHO I find Brown an unlikable little man, devoid of a real personality or any decent qualities, he lacks the charm, thecharisma and leadership skills required to be voted in as leader and i am suprised NL have not passed a vote of no confidence, but then he makes a good scapegoat for when they loose the election, Assuming Camoron can actually get it together and stop missing the empty goal.

Funny that NL have introduced so many PC rules and regulations have turned the workplace into a health and saftey & HR minefield and he gets pulled up for bullying - serves him right!

Last edited by The Zohan; 21 February 2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 21 February 2010, 08:35 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's a tw*t,i do no that
Old 21 February 2010, 08:38 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Comfy seat and popcorn.......... lol

I agree though, anyone found to be acting in an unacceptable manner should be dealt with. But this is really just one page in a complete book of poor behaviours.
Old 21 February 2010, 09:06 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
a few fau pars
Isn't that what Tiger Woods had?
Old 22 February 2010, 11:32 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

He has been reported quite a few times in the past for losing his rag and destroying mobiles by throwing them at the walls as well as having shouting fits before all this came up.

Les
Old 22 February 2010, 11:36 AM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

Brian Blessed will have something to say about this, no doubt & obviously everyone would hear him .

Trending Topics

Old 22 February 2010, 11:36 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

I think it was out of order for the bullying charity to reveal that Downing St had contacted them.
Old 22 February 2010, 11:38 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Well its good to see someone lost their job over the matter lol.... But as per usual..
Old 22 February 2010, 12:08 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

what a ridiculous non story

lets face it the way GB lucks going, if it was proved he could walk on water the newspaper headlines would be

STOP PRESS - Gordon Brown can't swim

Man in high pressure job gets a bit shouty - no **** sherlock

they will be telling us bears **** in the woods next

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 22 February 2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 22 February 2010, 12:47 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TelBoy
I think it was out of order for the bullying charity to reveal that Downing St had contacted them.
Spot on Tel

Regardless of what we may think of the PM, this was a breach of confidentiality by the charity which should be investigated. Heads should roll.
Old 22 February 2010, 12:50 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

A bad tempered, miserable, aggressive, overweight Scotsman........ well who'd of thought!
Old 22 February 2010, 01:06 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
what a ridiculous non story

lets face it the way GB lucks going, if it was proved he could walk on water the newspaper headlines would be

STOP PRESS - Gordon Brown can't swim

Man in high pressure job gets a bit shouty - no **** sherlock

they will be telling us bears **** in the woods next
I would rather feel that if a vital matter came up which was a vast problem, that he could keep his head and deal with it in a civilised and well thought out manner.

Les
Old 22 February 2010, 01:13 PM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Isn't bullying in the workplace instant dismissal?
Old 22 February 2010, 01:27 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Spot on Tel

Regardless of what we may think of the PM, this was a breach of confidentiality by the charity which should be investigated. Heads should roll.
Funny the gov't let slip what they choose to and that is OK but when the boot is on the other foot it really is a different matter.

Breach of confidentaility is what brought the MP expenses scandal to light. and there is Dr. David Kelly pretty much bullied to death after he dared to accuse the gov't of falsifying the infamous WMD 45 minute claim. This made an interesting retrospective read - http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...g/13/media.bbc - not even the DM i must be going up in the world

I am sure Christine Brown and or the charity will be discredited by NL and she had better be careful she doesn't accidentally slip on a knife or get clobbered by a tranny van either

Last edited by The Zohan; 22 February 2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 22 February 2010, 01:35 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I would rather feel that if a vital matter came up which was a vast problem, that he could keep his head and deal with it in a civilised and well thought out manner.

Les

Shouting and throwing things in anger would not be considered "professional" in any other job so why should the PMs job be any different. I saw that sort of behaviour from some of the staff when I worked in a supermarket doing a Saturday job many years ago, prior to University, but would never expect it now I work with a team of professional and educated people.

It is of grave concern to me that someone who can not control their temper, let alone get worked up into that state in the first place, is running the country. Hopefully not for much longer though
Old 22 February 2010, 01:41 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie

Les
it did -- a few years ago when we were about 12 hours away from a total financial meltdown

by that I mean no cashpoint withdrawals, no BACS transfers of pay, no debit/credit card transactions etc. nothing, zilch, nada

only cash and guns would have bought anything (and Gypsys would claim the earth)

someone sorted it out (albeit temporarily)

I don't know who, but I suspect GB had something to do with it

(please don't retort he got us into the mess in the first place)
Old 22 February 2010, 02:28 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

I don't think this issue is about Brown, or the bullying charity - it's those limp-dicked cocksmokers who called the bully helpline in the first place. They should grow a spine or get the f*ck out of Whitehall, we do not need whiny bitches like that in government.
Old 22 February 2010, 02:36 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

^^ Soundbyte post.

If you're being yelled at and intimidated by the Prime Minister, what are you realistically going to do? Not a lot. Arguing that he should only employ thick skinned staff is just a non-answer. Professional people deserve to be treated professionally. The best managers i have worked for have NEVER needed to resort to bullying to achieve results. To me it just further proves Brown is the wrong man in the wrong job.
Old 22 February 2010, 02:49 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Oh cry me a friggin' river ! This whole 'I'm a victim' mindset is frankly pathetic, if you don't have the minerals to endure a 110db dressing-down then go and work on a donkey sanctuary or something. Yes professionals deserve to be treated professionally, but what about inept f*ckwits that need a bollocking ? Should they be given tea and sympathy & allowed to continue to f*ck up, or should they be told, in no uncertain terms, to buck their ideas up ?
Old 22 February 2010, 02:50 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
I completely agree - this is an outrageous breach of confidence.

The problem is that once the confidence is broken it cannot be rebuilt. How can someone now call that line knowing that the charity may well be having a chat with the BBC about it.

Once it was revealed the patron resigned. In my view the CEO should be sacked immediately.

It is nothing to do with New Labour or the issue at hand - it is simply a gross breach of confidence.

As for bullying - I am sure Flash learned everything he knows from that other Scots nutter satirised on The Thick of It. In fact maybe Flash thought the Thick of It was an Open University training video!
Old 22 February 2010, 02:58 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Trout
As for bullying - I am sure Flash learned everything he knows from that other Scots nutter satirised on The Thick of It. In fact maybe Flash thought the Thick of It was an Open University training video!
Ah yes, you can't argue with Tucker's Law !

[edit] WARNING - contains several naughty words

Last edited by MJW; 22 February 2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 22 February 2010, 03:05 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Brilliant - and to that this is a BBC show (realised that this was a deleted scene!)

You have to wonder why Campbell hates it...

...too close to home perchance?

PS - you might want to add - NSFW - I am amazed You Tube have not censored it!

Last edited by Trout; 22 February 2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 22 February 2010, 03:18 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MJW
Oh cry me a friggin' river ! This whole 'I'm a victim' mindset is frankly pathetic, if you don't have the minerals to endure a 110db dressing-down then go and work on a donkey sanctuary or something. Yes professionals deserve to be treated professionally, but what about inept f*ckwits that need a bollocking ? Should they be given tea and sympathy & allowed to continue to f*ck up, or should they be told, in no uncertain terms, to buck their ideas up ?

Yes i'm not suggesting they should be mollycoddled at all, but what do we know about the people he allegedly bullied, or their competence? Not a lot (unless you have further information). Personally i wouldn't dream of ringing any bullying helpline, but lots of people would, and i think it speaks volumes about how seriously badly he was treating some of his staff. The country doesn't need Prime Ministers who have to shout and intimidate to get their point across. The confidentiality issue aside, i'm actually glad it has revealed more about Brown than any amount of orchestrated media appearances. I can just imagine him being thoroughly dislikeable behind closed doors.
Old 22 February 2010, 03:54 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Not too sure how this can be nothing to do with NL as Trout points out, after all it is the NL party that voted Brown into No10 as prime minister, not the people of this country.

The genie is out of the bottle, we can posture all we like about confidentiality and who should 'go' at the charity and that is all well and good. The issue is really is Gordon Brown and how he handles himself in private and just how different this is to how he appears in public.

Not too sure he has been seen/flimed/interviewed yelling at people who work for him or even throwing phones about - would this be a good look for him in public and why should he be allowed to get away with it in private, after all he is the prime minister the PM of this country and surely he should behave with some dignity and inspire, motivate and empower people and not have to resort to yelling and throwing around inanimate objects.

This is hardly leading from the front now is it.
Old 22 February 2010, 03:57 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Not too sure how this can be nothing to do with NL as Trout points out, after all it is the NL party that voted Brown into No10 as prime minister, not the people of this country.

The genie is out of the bottle, we can posture all we like about confidentiality and who should 'go' at the charity and that is all well and good. The issue is really is Gordon Brown and how he handles himself in private and just how different this is to how he appears in public.

Not too sure he has been seen/flimed/interviewed yelling at people who work for him or even throwing phones about - would this be a good look for him in public and why should he be allowed to get away with it in private, after all he is the prime minister the PM of this country and surely he should behave with some dignity and inspire, motivate and empower people and not have to resort to yelling and throwing around inanimate objects.

This is hardly leading from the front now is it.
My comments were regarding the behaviour of the 'charity' not the story on Flash.

I thought I had made that pretty clear.
Old 22 February 2010, 04:02 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
it did -- a few years ago when we were about 12 hours away from a total financial meltdown

by that I mean no cashpoint withdrawals, no BACS transfers of pay, no debit/credit card transactions etc. nothing, zilch, nada

only cash and guns would have bought anything (and Gypsys would claim the earth)

someone sorted it out (albeit temporarily)

I don't know who, but I suspect GB had something to do with it

(please don't retort he got us into the mess in the first place)

Is that really true? Any articles on it?
Old 22 February 2010, 04:04 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Jay m A
its was on tv you fool - here you go YouTube - gordon-brown-save-the-world.flv only 10 or so seconds in.

I bet the photcopier got a right good pasting when he got home that night

Last edited by The Zohan; 22 February 2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 22 February 2010, 04:33 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I like this comment from Nick Robinson

There are private nudges and winks that Christine Pratt who runs the National Bullying Helpline is a Conservative supporter. She denies any involvement with the party, although Ann Widdecombe and a Tory councillor are among the patrons of her charity and that charity has been endorsed by David Cameron.
Not suggesting GB isn't a bully or lose his temper but the above does suggest that the bullyhelpline people aren't exactly unbiased.

EDIT - I have to say, the more I watch and here about the tories and their "ideas" like privatising schools or being completely at odds with Labour as to when to introduce tax cuts just so they can get attention, it makes me feel as much I don't want to vote Labour I can't being myself to vote tory either.

Last edited by EddScott; 22 February 2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 22 February 2010, 04:37 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jay m A
is what true

that we were 12 hours from disaster or Brown saved us all (allegedly)

Quick Reply: Flash Gordon a bully?