Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I hate my boss!

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2010, 12:05 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I hate my boss!

Just got dogs abuse from my boss over the phone when i rang him to let him know i couldn't make it in as my village is snowed in. Apparently this isn't good enough as everyone keeps letting him down.

Now I'm sorry but everyone and me are two very different things. We parted company 2 years ago because of his attitude and now i want drive down to Dublin and rip his face off.
Old 21 February 2010, 12:11 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could, but youre snowed in. If you can drive to Dublin to rip his face off then you can definitely get to work. Catch 22...
Old 21 February 2010, 12:12 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

I worked with a guy who, whenever he was alone with the woman in charge of him (in a factory), he would call her all the names under the sun. When they were in company he would be all sweetness and light. Once alone again, he would give her what for.
He was never caught by anyone else doing it, and she was driven to despair by it! She was a complete bitch though, and deserved every expletive.

Not that this will help you, but you might want to try it!
Old 21 February 2010, 12:18 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Time to look for a new job?

I was driving down to London one morning twixt J8&7 on the M11 (about 8 miles?) when I got a phone call from my "boss" at the time. He ranted and raved over some failure which was totally out of my control and said "You had better not bother coming in"... If he hadn't called back b4 I got to J7 and grovelled a bit then I would just have hooked it back round and home again...

Bullying in the workplace is endemic and what makes me laugh is that there was one chap I know who used to bully his staff rotten then when he thought it might be happening to him, left & sued for stress related illness
Old 21 February 2010, 12:18 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

if it wasn't for the fact i do need this job and it was a bit of pride swallower going back, i'd have told him to go **** himself but times are difficult and all that and bosses know this so feel they can treat you like absolute ****e.
Old 21 February 2010, 12:25 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
Time to look for a new job?

I was driving down to London one morning twixt J8&7 on the M11 (about 8 miles?) when I got a phone call from my "boss" at the time. He ranted and raved over some failure which was totally out of my control and said "You had better not bother coming in"... If he hadn't called back b4 I got to J7 and grovelled a bit then I would just have hooked it back round and home again...

Bullying in the workplace is endemic and what makes me laugh is that there was one chap I know who used to bully his staff rotten then when he thought it might be happening to him, left & sued for stress related illness
I've been looking for 2months Puff, sadly this job that i'm in was my "fallback" plan and they offered me a reasonable deal that i couldn't refuse.

I couldn't give 2 whistles what he says to me when i'm the workplace but when i'm sat in my car outside work hours I expect to be spoken to in a manner i would speak to others.

He recently (as recent as last Friday) actually apologised shooting his mouth off at me over the phone. He's very different in person and after only 2 1/2months back working for him, I am sick and tired of apologies.
Old 21 February 2010, 12:42 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

This used to happen in my old work place. The boss would fire verbal abuse to the apprentices all day long and when no-one was looking he would slap them about.

That all changed when he picked on the wrong one, the boss got the absolute cr@p kicked out of him on the shop floor. He didnt realise the apprentice was a kick boxer.

Trending Topics

Old 21 February 2010, 12:54 PM
beef-on-the-bone
Scooby Regular

^^^^^^^

good on him!! they don't like it when you stand up for yourself
Old 21 February 2010, 12:55 PM
worley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
I couldn't give 2 whistles what he says to me when i'm the workplace but when i'm sat in my car outside work hours I expect to be spoken to in a manner i would speak to others.

He recently (as recent as last Friday) actually apologised shooting his mouth off at me over the phone. He's very different in person and after only 2 1/2months back working for him, I am sick and tired of apologies.

Is this how the conversation went?

him: I'm sorry about shouting at you.
you: Why did you feel that you needed to shout at me? I work a lot better when we discuss things calmly.
him: I was annoyed at other people letting me down.
you: But when you blame me, I feel at a real low point for a few days afterwards.

OR DID YOU JUST SHOUT BACK?

Nik
Old 21 February 2010, 01:01 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

I don't shout Nik nor do i like confrontation unless i'm really pushed. At the moment i'm pushed.
Old 21 February 2010, 01:24 PM
worley
Scooby Regular

The best advice given to me was 'Learn how to manage your boss'. I've had some right horrors in the past and they just need dealing with, take the example above, whereby the boss phoned up immediatley afterwards because: He knew the consequences, this is an evolved form of where you currently are.

Think of him as another task at work that needs your time and attention. Don't avoid conflict as this 'task' does need dealing with.

When times are good and you're not busy fighting through the daily grind, put some work into this particular part of your job. This doesn't mean take him down the pub, but re-inforce the ground rules and that things work better when you get along.

If all else fails, remote area, spade, big hole in the ground and don't get caught

Nik
Old 21 February 2010, 01:25 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

the wife was being bullied at work for falling pregnant.lots verbal abuse.she managed to record a phone call.the abuse is staggering.plus i did a little digging of the wife's wages slips because the amounts didn't add up.i took wage slips and recording to citizen advice who got a solicitor and the inland revenue involved.tribunal is in April and the ex boss has try everything from more verbal abuse,to a slur campaign all get the tribunal stopped and to stop the wife getting any work in our town.its a pity this ex boss isn't a bit brighter as she's in deep sh*t as the inland revenue are investigating her.plus some sort of police fraud agency have ask to meet us with the solicitor this week.this all because the the wife's ex boss is a greedy bitch who's jealous as she has no kids
Old 21 February 2010, 01:55 PM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

^^^^ See this is the kind of poo, i was on about in another thread i posted.
Old 21 February 2010, 02:02 PM
Will
BANNED

I would of told him ''Not good enough my ****!!!!. If i can't come in then i can't come in!!'' ''If you fancy taking a chance in this snow to come and pick me up then you are more than welcome pal''
Old 21 February 2010, 02:09 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

Originally Posted by ScooByer Trade
^^^^ See this is the kind of poo, i was on about in another thread i posted.
what?
Old 21 February 2010, 02:36 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bootsy
the wife was being bullied at work for falling pregnant.lots verbal abuse.she managed to record a phone call.the abuse is staggering.plus i did a little digging of the wife's wages slips because the amounts didn't add up.i took wage slips and recording to citizen advice who got a solicitor and the inland revenue involved.tribunal is in April and the ex boss has try everything from more verbal abuse,to a slur campaign all get the tribunal stopped and to stop the wife getting any work in our town.its a pity this ex boss isn't a bit brighter as she's in deep sh*t as the inland revenue are investigating her.plus some sort of police fraud agency have ask to meet us with the solicitor this week.this all because the the wife's ex boss is a greedy bitch who's jealous as she has no kids
I firmly believe that the workplace would be a much better place if all fat, middle aged women were removed from all positions of middle management.
You know what I'm saying is the truth.
astraboy.
Old 21 February 2010, 03:26 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by bootsy
what?
Don't you mean "****".... HTH's

DCI
Old 21 February 2010, 03:34 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

During the snow my boss point blank refused to let us come to work due to the risk, we were to work from home when possible ..

Then when she told me at 2 days notice I would be working away for 2 nights and I said ok I'll work from home in the morning and travel down in the evening she went nuts and said it was unacceptable for me to tell her when I would be working from home ...

Crazy The point being I would get more work done if I missed the 1 hour round trip of coming in and going home again ... I think shes a bit insecure.

Last edited by pimmo2000; 21 February 2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 21 February 2010, 06:26 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

UPDATE
Well my boss tried to catch me out, He travelled from Dublin in his 4x4 all the way to my house (thats a 2 and a half hour drive) parked up the road from my house then rang and asked how the snow was. I told him it was still pretty bad but if he couldn't get anyone in, i'd try to move the car again and he tells me well it can't be that bad because i'm outside your house! He then accused me of not trying to move the car and I asked him to stop the car and we'll ask my neighbours about the imaginary car they were pushing earlier. This is while in his 4x4 we were sliding down the hill to my house (which according to him wasn't bad) he seemed to have missed all the cars stranded everywhere.

I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish but all that he did was inforce the fact that he doesn't trust any of his staff and that he was a tool. He was nice as pie to me after I told him how annoyed i was at him. Missus wants me to take this up with someone higher up the rank of the franchise as he was absolutely disgusted.
Old 21 February 2010, 06:35 PM
Will
BANNED

He drove to outside your house!!! 2 hour 30 drive!!! What a **** I'd of lost my top and told him to stick his job and probably chin him one!!!!!
Old 21 February 2010, 06:37 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

we have this sort off approach from a women boss at work she says all my workers come to work no excuses or ill come and drag you lot out off fooking bed and thats how she speaks fs and blinds my missus says if she comes round here ill punch her lights out
Old 21 February 2010, 06:40 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

trust me if i didn't really need this job, things would have went very differently.

when i bounced into his 4x4 he said are you not bringing a coat, I replied why if you're picking me up, you're also going to be taking me home. so he's had to do a 5hour drive to get 2hours work out me.
Old 21 February 2010, 06:47 PM
Will
BANNED

Make sure you do a lot of skiving too
Old 21 February 2010, 08:47 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

UPDATE
Well my boss tried to catch me out, He travelled from Dublin in his 4x4 all the way to my house (thats a 2 and a half hour drive) parked up the road from my house then rang and asked how the snow was. I told him it was still pretty bad but if he couldn't get anyone in, i'd try to move the car again and he tells me well it can't be that bad because i'm outside your house! He then accused me of not trying to move the car and I asked him to stop the car and we'll ask my neighbours about the imaginary car they were pushing earlier. This is while in his 4x4 we were sliding down the hill to my house (which according to him wasn't bad) he seemed to have missed all the cars stranded everywhere.

I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish but all that he did was inforce the fact that he doesn't trust any of his staff and that he was a tool. He was nice as pie to me after I told him how annoyed i was at him. Missus wants me to take this up with someone higher up the rank of the franchise as he was absolutely disgusted.

Bloody hell what some bosses do eh
Old 21 February 2010, 09:10 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Missus wants me to take this up with someone higher up the rank of the franchise as he was absolutely disgusted.
'He' - is your missus a he?

Back on topic - my boss is a lazy ****!
Old 21 February 2010, 09:40 PM
howellsy42
Scooby Regular

i get treated like **** most days i was really ill one monday had been ill all weekend phones work at six in the morning and was told if im breathing im to come in so i did sat in the van for the day and did **** all the forman on the job wasnt too happy so i told him to ring the office as i warned them that if i came in id be doing nothing !!
Old 21 February 2010, 10:39 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by astraboy
I firmly believe that the workplace would be a much better place if all fat, middle aged women were removed from all positions of middle management.
You know what I'm saying is the truth.
astraboy.
*nods*

They should be aware of their limitations.
Old 21 February 2010, 10:46 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
*nods*

They should be aware of their limitations.
Close, they should be aware their huge chip on their shoulder from their massive inferiority complex generated by the immense amounts of food they have stapled to their hips is their problem and their problem alone.

I've always steered clear of fat, ugly, middle aged women. I have only met one who has been genuinely nice to me. The rest always have a huge axe to grind for reasons which are simultaneously completely understandable (they look grotesque and they know it) and mystifying (why take it out on me?) at the same time.
astraboy.
Old 22 February 2010, 07:07 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^^^ agreed
Old 22 February 2010, 09:55 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Just got dogs abuse from my boss over the phone when i rang him to let him know i couldn't make it in as my village is snowed in. Apparently this isn't good enough as everyone keeps letting him down.

Now I'm sorry but everyone and me are two very different things. We parted company 2 years ago because of his attitude and now i want drive down to Dublin and rip his face off.
Don't drive - get the train and have a fry on the way down

Quick Reply: I hate my boss!