Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2010, 12:09 PM
pete96wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy ebay what a joke

bought a pair of Faith boots on ebay for my wife
picture looked good link to the faith website on the add but on delivery
what i got is a very cheap copy with another name inside.
these boots are worth less than half what i paid for them, what are my legal rights.ive asked for a partial refund and the seller now has stoppped replying to my messages.am i better to go through ebay or paypall.
sellar also seems to be selling lots of items with photos from websites not of the actuall items
pete
Old 20 February 2010, 12:14 PM
DAZ6151
Scooby Regular

put a claim in through paypal they will sort it as they hold the money not ebay.

Darren.
Old 20 February 2010, 12:15 PM
DAZ6151
Scooby Regular

On paypal say you want a FULL refund and nothing else as you have recieved something different to what you apid for.
Old 20 February 2010, 12:25 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Name and Shame Seller!!!
Old 20 February 2010, 12:34 PM
SCOOBY13.5
Scooby Regular

You should be entitled to a FULL refund as they are illegal goods. Report to ebay and paypal and go from there.

Steve
Old 20 February 2010, 12:40 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Do you have a link to the ad, or the item number?
Sometimes they are really cheeky with the wording and never legally claim it to be THE item.
Old 20 February 2010, 01:49 PM
pete96wrx
Scooby Regular

Hi will go to paypall to sort out thanks for your replys
in the add she def names them as Faith boots and evan use s Faiths own website and photos to sell them.but inside they say d&h and the quality is shockingly cheap my wifes got loads of Faith boots and there is no comparison between them.
pete

Trending Topics

Old 20 February 2010, 01:54 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

I bought some UGGs from a seller saying they were genuine etc. etc. They weren't even really cheap, so thought they'd be real. Got them and they were very fake. Did a dispute through eBay first, but luckily she refunded me even before she'd received them back, so that was good.

Good luck getting your money back. I hate when things like this happen.
Old 20 February 2010, 03:32 PM
pete96wrx
Scooby Regular

its not even the money side that wind s me up.
i bought them for her valentines present took well over a week to arrive then when they did it made me look well cheep.starting to wonder if ebay s worth using anymore seems to be more scammers on there than genuine people now.had an idiot last week having a go cause i charged him 6 postage, and when i posted it it only cost 4.47. just what is wrong with people these days im only 31 and starting to sound like my dad lol
Old 20 February 2010, 06:45 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by pete96wrx
its not even the money side that wind s me up.
i bought them for her valentines present took well over a week to arrive then when they did it made me look well cheep.starting to wonder if ebay s worth using anymore seems to be more scammers on there than genuine people now.had an idiot last week having a go cause i charged him 6 postage, and when i posted it it only cost 4.47. just what is wrong with people these days im only 31 and starting to sound like my dad lol
You bought her valentines present off e-bay!
Man, you're brave! I'd be picking my tezzers up off the floor if I tried that
Item # pls - or name and shame! PM me if you don't want to post here
Old 20 February 2010, 09:20 PM
pete96wrx
Scooby Regular

Jods she had picked them i just could not get her size in locel Faith shop so tried my luck on ebay told her they might be a little late was not expecting a week late those.
but her face when she opened them i thought she was going to cut um off.i think she s ok, now took her out last night and bought her some more now £200 quid lighter and she,s happy my wallets not those, starting to think ill never have enoght for a simtek at this rate
Old 20 February 2010, 11:21 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Red face

Originally Posted by pete96wrx
Jods she had picked them i just could not get her size in locel Faith shop so tried my luck on ebay told her they might be a little late was not expecting a week late those.
but her face when she opened them i thought she was going to cut um off.i think she s ok, now took her out last night and bought her some more now £200 quid lighter and she,s happy my wallets not those, starting to think ill never have enoght for a simtek at this rate
Full bragging rights to you for spunking up the bobs to sort it out Brethren!

I've learnt, after 10 years of marriage, that it's easier in the long run to just pony up £££ for gifts if fundage allows. Although it does come with a tag on.
If Ali (the wife) wanted a new Kitchen (£12K) - I got a **** off big american fridge freezer (£3K). She wanted new carpeting for the house (£4K) I get a Plasma TV and XBOX360 with Gold Membership (£2K)

She's now after a completely new bedroom revamp.

It started with a Duvet

How much for a Super Kingsize Duvet (from John Lewis)??

£250 - that's how much!!!!!!!
Add onto that the 400 Thread count sheets etc (£300)

And now - The Super kingsize bedframe just "Won't Do" - It's Pine.
Has to be Oak or some such wood!! I said she has quite enough "wood" in bed and her reply was she needs harder wood! Cheeky Mare

Sooo - We are looking at a complete bedroom replacement - approx cost?? I haven't got a Scooby Doo. BUT - Whatever it costs, my bonus is an HD Sky linked projector and a projection screen (Remote control / electric) so I can watch the footy in 6 foot glorious HD!!

It's all aboot give and take!!

Old 21 February 2010, 12:08 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jods
she needs harder wood! Cheeky Mare
She said that to me as well
Old 21 February 2010, 12:38 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

I've learnt, after 10 years of marriage, that it's easier in the long run to just pony up £££ for gifts
I've learnt after 16 years of marriage, that it it easier in the long run to keep her happy in bed, and you don't have to pony up £££ for the gifts unless she only needs you for your wallet. Jods, I would worry that her indoors is getting her happiness from somewhere longer and thicker
Old 21 February 2010, 01:03 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Red face

Originally Posted by fast bloke
I've learnt after 16 years of marriage, that it it easier in the long run to keep her happy in bed, and you don't have to pony up £££ for the gifts unless she only needs you for your wallet. Jods, I would worry that her indoors is getting her happiness from somewhere longer and thicker
I take your advice on board! Some women like my 4 inch pen1s - Others don't like 'em that thick!

Fast Bloke - Is your wife a hottie?

Last edited by jods; 21 February 2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old 21 February 2010, 07:23 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

just bought louise some ugg boots from ebay, they claim to be real, but got them at about half price, I wanted to collect them as they are only 20 miles away, the emails went quiet for a day now its ok to collect. hoping they are not fakes.. saying that there has been about 3 inches of snow overnight so might not be able to get off the street anyway.
Old 21 February 2010, 08:35 AM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

Originally Posted by shaggy1973
just bought louise some ugg boots from ebay, they claim to be real, but got them at about half price, I wanted to collect them as they are only 20 miles away, the emails went quiet for a day now its ok to collect. hoping they are not fakes.. saying that there has been about 3 inches of snow overnight so might not be able to get off the street anyway.
They will be fake, no official Ugg boot seller can sell Ugg's on Ebay, there's no such thing as cheap authentic Ugg boots. I've been through this whole thing myself at Christmas.

The wording in the advert included 'Genuine Ugg boots/authentic items/official seller etc"

In order to get a refund (assuming the seller won't credit you) you'll need to get at least one expert opinion from somewhere like trading standards or an official Ugg boot seller.

I bit the bullet and brought a real pair, then took the fakes to an Office (authorised seller) and the very nice manageress there typed out a list of reasons why the boots were fake on headed paper. I also have a friend that manages a Clarkes shoe shop, he wrote down on headed paper how the two sets of boots differed.

I then faxed this information off to Paypal, waited about two weeks and then had the money put back into my account from the sellers account.

All along, the seller (Gabbz), tried to tell me how they were genuine, that she brought from an official source etc, the fakes cost £130 and the real deal cost £195.

The last time I looked she was still selling on Ebay, even though they knew she selling moody goods.
Old 21 February 2010, 08:53 AM
rifleman
Scooby Regular

Full bragging rights to you for spunking up the bobs to sort it out Brethren!

I've learnt, after 10 years of marriage, that it's easier in the long run to just pony up £££ for gifts if fundage allows. Although it does come with a tag on.
If Ali (the wife) wanted a new Kitchen (£12K) - I got a **** off big american fridge freezer (£3K). She wanted new carpeting for the house (£4K) I get a Plasma TV and XBOX360 with Gold Membership (£2K)

She's now after a completely new bedroom revamp.

It started with a Duvet

How much for a Super Kingsize Duvet (from John Lewis)??

£250 - that's how much!!!!!!!
Add onto that the 400 Thread count sheets etc (£300)

And now - The Super kingsize bedframe just "Won't Do" - It's Pine.
Has to be Oak or some such wood!! I said she has quite enough "wood" in bed and her reply was she needs harder wood! Cheeky Mare

Sooo - We are looking at a complete bedroom replacement - approx cost?? I haven't got a Scooby Doo. BUT - Whatever it costs, my bonus is an HD Sky linked projector and a projection screen (Remote control / electric) so I can watch the footy in 6 foot glorious HD!!

It's all aboot give and take!!

just hope she doesnt want a bed from john lewis.i worked for vi-spring a few years back making beds for them and they go up to 50k now