Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

some people are clueless (tyre shocker)

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2010, 11:58 AM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some people are clueless (tyre shocker)

Yeterday afternoon i had a woman come into my shop just as i was about to close in a panic saying that she had a puncture and that she was on her way to norfolk to visit someone and she wanted to get on the motor way before the traffic (fair enough i said ill have a look and be as quick as i can )

she pointed to the offending wheel on the car and said it has been going down for a while and i have been pumping it up for a few weeks but it was completely flat when i went to leave .

i jacked the car up bearing in mind it was dark and outside and removed the wheel to my horror bloody hell i said and she looked suprised at my dismay , i said its a little bit more than a puncture its knackered !

lets just say , how the **** this woman was still on the road is beyond me

the crazy thing was she asked me if i could repair it so she could go to norfolk and that shewould come in in feb and buy a new on when he got paid

she actually thought there was nothing wrong with it and she must have seen it all the times when she was filling it with air

just goes to show what kind of people are on the roads and how nieve they are on the safety of there cars .

crazy but i see this sort of stuff every day , just thought id share this one with you lot

mags
Old 15 January 2010, 12:05 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I hope you set her straight on the legalities of this!!!
Old 15 January 2010, 12:06 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Was that on the inside though? I have had a tyre like that on my Supra when the tracking was out. The outside tread was fine (well, just about legal anyway!) but inside it had worn down to the metal grading.

Steve
Old 15 January 2010, 12:12 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol that hasn't been legal for sometime ! Still she's had her money worth. Perhaps she is a secret snow drifter ?

Did you cut some new tread in them for her what did she buy to replace, a nice remold.
Old 15 January 2010, 12:20 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

That is scary. Legalities aside, that is incredibly dangerous for health reasons.
Old 15 January 2010, 12:22 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

She can't have got an mot on that, even 12 months ago!
Old 15 January 2010, 12:33 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I see this all the time, it's so frustrating! People just think you're having a go when you mention it to them and point out just how dangerous it is. The usual response is 'well, it was only MOTed six months ago...'

Trending Topics

Old 15 January 2010, 01:21 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BOB.T
I see this all the time, it's so frustrating! People just think you're having a go when you mention it to them and point out just how dangerous it is. The usual response is 'well, it was only MOTed six months ago...'

yeah i get that one alot to bob , it was only moted last year lol

i had a woman in last week blaming me beause she crashed her car !!

she came in in oct and asked me if her tyres would get through an mot i said yes but they are nearly on the limit , to which she replied ill come back in the new year and get some fitted i have no money at the mo (to which i said fine)

than on sat she pulls in , car smashed to bits clambers ut the passenger door shouting ive just crashed my car and the police said my tyres are on the limit but you said they were ok and now my cars all smashed

i replied . did it pass the mot?
woman: yes
when was the mot?
woman: oct
what did i say in oct when you came in ?
woman: that they were ok
no i said they would pass an mot but they were on the limit and you said you didt have any money to buy new ones !
woman: but they are not ok and they made me crash
well is that my fault , you said you woul be back in the new year to buy new ones and even if you had new tyres in these icy conditions you still can loose control .
woman well what are you gonna do ?
not my problem.

she wanted to blame me because she crashed her car on icy roads because she was to cheap to buy 2 tyres in oct (nearly 4 months ago)

bloody unreal
Old 15 January 2010, 01:26 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

The tyres on my missus car would get like that if I didn't keep an eye on it
Old 15 January 2010, 01:30 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

They will try anything these days-it's never their fault of course!

It's another result of not having trafiic cops like we used to once, she would quite likely have been picked up for that before having an accident and endangering other people.

Les
Old 15 January 2010, 01:38 PM
ChrisB

That's nothing a bit of gaffer tape wouldn't sort out
Old 15 January 2010, 01:42 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Leslie
They will try anything these days-it's never their fault of course!

It's another result of not having trafiic cops like we used to once, she would quite likely have been picked up for that before having an accident and endangering other people.

Les

its mad how people just dont realise stuff like this . even someone walking past or something would have told her or left a note maybe .

the mad thing was the hole was on the outside if the tyre so easily viewable , god knows how she got away with it because it must have been like that for some time .

i got pulled for having no numberplate lights you would think tyres would be a more important check
Old 15 January 2010, 01:44 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by M444GY
Yeterday afternoon i had a woman come into my shop just as i was about to close in a panic saying that she had a puncture and that she was on her way to norfolk to visit someone and she wanted to get on the motor way before the traffic (fair enough i said ill have a look and be as quick as i can )

she pointed to the offending wheel on the car and said it has been going down for a while and i have been pumping it up for a few weeks but it was completely flat when i went to leave .

i jacked the car up bearing in mind it was dark and outside and removed the wheel to my horror bloody hell i said and she looked suprised at my dismay , i said its a little bit more than a puncture its knackered !

lets just say , how the **** this woman was still on the road is beyond me

the crazy thing was she asked me if i could repair it so she could go to norfolk and that shewould come in in feb and buy a new on when he got paid

she actually thought there was nothing wrong with it and she must have seen it all the times when she was filling it with air

just goes to show what kind of people are on the roads and how nieve they are on the safety of there cars .

crazy but i see this sort of stuff every day , just thought id share this one with you lot

mags
Flash relies on people like this. Are you surprised?
Old 15 January 2010, 01:45 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECK !!

Thats a disgrace
Old 15 January 2010, 01:51 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

If ever there was a case for the £2k fine per tyre and 3 points then this is it.
Shocking - and these people share the same roads as me and my kids....
Old 15 January 2010, 01:59 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

DIY slicks....cooooooooooooooool!
Old 15 January 2010, 03:05 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

mags. are you selling that on as a part worn mate ??

times are tought right now and if you could get another one soon, i'll get both fronts done.

let me know buddy !!

Dazmondo
hehehehehe
Old 15 January 2010, 03:21 PM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Thats a disgrace, what if the tyre suddenly shredded and she crashed into a bus stop or worse a load of school kids

Makes my blood boil.
Old 15 January 2010, 04:10 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

I don't envy the garage folk at all to be honest, i suspect they have to deal with the same spackers that i do, only they are liable for a lot more when things go **** up.

I have mentioned to people that the tyre is flat before putting them into the car wash " aahhhh it will be ok " " its actually totally flat? " " cheers for letting me know " then they drive away like its normal

Had a bloke claim we never put enough tyre dressing on because they did not look " new " pmsl tyre dressing only works on rubber, not canvas.

Had a bloke try and claim as the car wash " must have done something to my dustcap " because the chap drove away and apparently suffered a blowout 10 mins later.

My mate works in the tyre and exhaust trade, and he has a right old nightmare of a time to be honest.
Old 15 January 2010, 04:34 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Tell you what chap you want to get yourself some free publicity. Call the local paper and highlight how "motorists need to make sure they are properly prepared for bad weather" maybe offer a 'free check'.

you can use today's news that accident claims have rocketed in the past few weeks, and say "you aren't surprised with people driving round with unsafe/unprepared vehicles"

That way you seem like the concerned citizen but also get a bit of promo for not a lot of work. The pics are good enough to make a story.

5t.
Old 15 January 2010, 05:03 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

I have mentioned to people that the tyre is flat before putting them into the car wash " aahhhh it will be ok " " its actually totally flat? " " cheers for letting me know " then they drive away like its normal

lol i was flashing a guy the other day because he was driving on the rim . after about 3 miles without him noticing me flashing and beeping he pulled up at the lights so i pulled up next to him i opened my window and he opened his , i said he had a flat to which he said have i ??( i could hear the tyre flapping in my car so **** nose how he didnt) he got out kicked the tyre got back in the car and drove off i just sat there in awe as he drove off at full speed and then off down another road ??

nutters
Old 15 January 2010, 05:17 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Default just took these of a nurses car 1 hour ago

and she said but there is still tread left lol she thought that because there was one line of tread they are still legal

she complained like **** at the £70 bill for two tyres and asked if i do nhs discounts ???? never heard of them

makes you wonder how many other cars are on the road with idiot drivers like her
Old 15 January 2010, 05:28 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

£70 - bargain. You need to sell your self more;

I hope you told her it was cheaper than a £4000 fine, 8 points and possible further driving charges should she be involved in a crash (even if its not her fault - her car is defective and illegal, so shouldn't be on the road in the first place).

Its about time tyre manufacturers coloured the inner rubber carcass and canvas some bright colour, so its more obvious the tyres are illegal should a plod happen to follow.
Old 15 January 2010, 06:15 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people shouldnt be allowed a car, I bet she managed to ensure her make up was purchased, ****, booze, Heat Magazine, clothes she didnt need but god forbid safety items like that, blokes do it as well but its generally women, they do it with brakes, tyres as mentioned, suspension, oil levels, screenwash, tyre pressures, bulbs and generaly its a **** tip, putting on a silly girly voice and flirting with a copper doesnt work when you have had an accident and killed someone.

Its not complicated, ok its a bit ikky having to look at your nasty dirty tyres but learn about it and other aspects of your car and you wont get ripped off, you know what Jordan is doing this week or what dress size Sienna Miller (whoever she is) is this week but the concept of tread depth really isnt that complex, the treat is the sticky up bit an the distance from the rest of it is the depth, when its all gone that too late, it has to be 1.6 mm as a minimum but preferably change them before then so you dont die horribly because you are riding the crest of a wave in the outside lane cos your tyres wont clear the water out, I know you want some new Ugg boots and some Creme de La Mer but really, trust me buy the tyres....

My cousin a few years back piled her car into the back of one at the lights but she claimed it wasnt her fault as her tyres were bald, I tried explaining but back then she was about as daft as they come.

Its not always women though, having a light out on your car is this years "look", for everybody, bulbs in reality dont fail that often on the cars I have had but there are about 1 in 10 cars that have at least one failed bulb, JUST GET IT CHANGED you f*cking cretins, when the other one goes you cant see and nobody can see you, witness the bloke in the Golf gti the other night, both rears lights out, fronts working, only way too see him was his instruments in the car and numberplate light, spacker. French cars seem to be the main offender, is this because they blow bulbs more often or becasue the owners are so clueless and just drive round until it stops, I hate the helplessness of it, its generally, on most cars a fiddly but easy job, but the old bonnet catch, finding that tricky little ****** and going into that mysterious and dirty cavity at the front of the car, terrifying, what happens then, where could the bulb be, in the engine, under the front, in the washer bottle ? no its in the headlamp and all this is explained in the manual that came with a car, you can operate an Iphone with 23343 applications and SKy tv, changing a bulb aint that complex, and guess what you can buy them from a car spares shop like Halfords, you know that one you dont go in between Next and TKMaxx, the staff will help in the even of you not knowing what model of car you have, they need more detail that "an ikkle red one" but not much more, they have a handy little chart but ask the spotty biy with a name tag and he will know depsite having an IQ in minus figures, he may even fit it for you !! all for £20 or less, you will be able to see again, people will stop flashing and beeping and the warning on the dash will stop.

And breathe....
Old 15 January 2010, 06:21 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by M444GY
and she said but there is still tread left lol she thought that because there was one line of tread they are still legal

she complained like **** at the £70 bill for two tyres and asked if i do nhs discounts ???? never heard of them

makes you wonder how many other cars are on the road with idiot drivers like her

Your a robbing tw*t
Old 15 January 2010, 06:47 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

the police have powers to seize a vehicle with tyres on it in that condition

so £150 approx to get the car back from the storage place
?? £100 approx fine and penalty points

£70 she was moaning, i would have put the wheels back on her car and said **** off to kwik fit/national tyres and see how far your £70 gets you
Old 15 January 2010, 06:53 PM
belliott69
Scooby Regular

well she got her moneys worth out of them, but how the hell has this never been spotted. yet because i'm young and have an impreza i can expect a pull every couple of months because in theory i should have no insurance and its nicked from up the road.
Old 15 January 2010, 06:54 PM
IanW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LUCKO
the police have powers to seize a vehicle with tyres on it in that condition

so £150 approx to get the car back from the storage place
?? £100 approx fine and penalty points

£70 she was moaning, i would have put the wheels back on her car and said **** off to kwik fit/national tyres and see how far your £70 gets you
I certainly would have made sure that I had the vehicle prohibited (PG9) had I seen that car on the road!
Old 15 January 2010, 07:05 PM
worley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Some people shouldnt be allowed a car, I bet she managed to ensure her make up was purchased, ****, booze,....

And breathe....
Well done, I enjoyed reading that. The 'Police Municipale' have been out the last two days, booking all cars double parked on my road. It a main artery into the city and it clogs up with these ar**holes. Also, they towed all the illegal cars parked in handicapped spaces.

Made my day

Nik
Old 15 January 2010, 07:24 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's mental. But as above, you could definitely use things like this to your advantage when it comes to promoting your business locally.

Quick Reply: some people are clueless (tyre shocker)