Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Tory the one person party

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2010, 10:21 PM
Bram
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tory the one person party

With all the publicity and billboard campaign are the tories finding it impossible to put up anyone but David (the Crumble) Cameron on it. Are they not photogenic, I do not see David Tefal look quite cutting it but the shine is brilliant. It may even dazzle passing motorists, does HSE not have a issue with this.

I know the biddies David usually has at his side at question time would scare the oinks from the school David attended, the Matron look seems to scare the upper class somehow. But he should attend the local Kelty chippy on a Friday to see really scary sights if this is meant to scare Gordon let alone put him off.

But yet again the Tories have one idea and one person campaign. Clarke and co would scare the bairns if there faces adorned billboards let alone speak on anything. Oh and yes they will spend more than anyone else to deliver there message but it does not stretch to the air brush work required to make the Tory cabinet appealing let alone in policy or solutions.

And could anyone tell me what Osbourne credentials are, his silence on matters relating to the economy is perturbing let alone balance what he is spending to what is needing to be cut. But if he talks he may not be saying the same as the word of David. This is no ordinary mess we are heading it is Tory mess.
Old 13 January 2010, 11:01 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Osbourne is like a useless apprentice in Economics when put up against the likes of Darling and Brown ........ the reason he isn't allowed to say anything is because he will show himself up.

We need MEN going forward - not Eton BOYS!
Old 13 January 2010, 11:12 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

The depressing fact is that we have a one person party versus a NO person party.

Oh what a choice
Old 14 January 2010, 01:06 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
Osbourne is like a useless apprentice in Economics when put up against the likes of Darling and Brown ........ the reason he isn't allowed to say anything is because he will show himself up.

Shut up.
Old 14 January 2010, 01:09 AM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Pay Peanuts get monkeys

If they were any good they would all be off in business making serious money not pouncing about on TV pretending to be capable of running the country or excusing the mess they have made of running it.
Old 14 January 2010, 07:43 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Adrian F
Pay Peanuts get monkeys

If they were any good they would all be off in business making serious money not pouncing about on TV pretending to be capable of running the country or excusing the mess they have made of running it.
Yes, it certainly makes more sense to go into politics if you are already loaded.

Last edited by cster; 14 January 2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 14 January 2010, 09:50 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bram
With all the publicity and billboard campaign are the tories finding it impossible to put up anyone but David (the Crumble) Cameron on it. Are they not photogenic, I do not see David Tefal look quite cutting it but the shine is brilliant. It may even dazzle passing motorists, does HSE not have a issue with this.

I know the biddies David usually has at his side at question time would scare the oinks from the school David attended, the Matron look seems to scare the upper class somehow. But he should attend the local Kelty chippy on a Friday to see really scary sights if this is meant to scare Gordon let alone put him off.

But yet again the Tories have one idea and one person campaign. Clarke and co would scare the bairns if there faces adorned billboards let alone speak on anything. Oh and yes they will spend more than anyone else to deliver there message but it does not stretch to the air brush work required to make the Tory cabinet appealing let alone in policy or solutions.

And could anyone tell me what Osbourne credentials are, his silence on matters relating to the economy is perturbing let alone balance what he is spending to what is needing to be cut. But if he talks he may not be saying the same as the word of David. This is no ordinary mess we are heading it is Tory mess.
Which do you think is more important, the way a person looks or their ability to be part of a successful government?

I think the Conservatives, as they have done for some time now, have unerringly managed to pick the worse choice as leader.

Having seen the hopeless mess the present lot have made of this country and our economy coupled with their constant lies and treasonable behaviour, I certainly would still prefer "Dave" and his bunch to be in control rather than this present load of drongos being given the chance to throw the country completely down the tubes. We might at least see some support for GB.

Les

Trending Topics

Old 14 January 2010, 10:47 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Lewis, have we got to put up with these childishly written posts until May?

OK so you can support Labour but why do you have to be so silly about it. Like a 12 year-old girl on heat.

I may even come to your Spring supporter's meeting - will it be in the same phone box?

dl
Old 14 January 2010, 11:07 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
Lewis, have we got to put up with these childishly written posts until May?

OK so you can support Labour but why do you have to be so silly about it. Like a 12 year-old girl on heat.

I may even come to your Spring supporter's meeting - will it be in the same phone box?

dl
He does it to get exactly the reaction you just gave him, well done
Old 14 January 2010, 12:56 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Its a pity the Lib Dems ganged up and politically hanged Charles Kennedy.

His liking for the booze could have been hidden, lessoned in seriousness or explained openly and they all rallied round him for support.

Had they kept him in and dried him out, I think they would probably be higher than the Tories right now.

IF they promise not to agree to a coalition with Labour, I'd vote for them.
Old 14 January 2010, 02:45 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Shut up.

Good argument.
Old 14 January 2010, 07:00 PM
Bram
Scooby Regular

Has anyone else noticed how red our David's (sorry God David) face goes when he is asked anything he has not had a sound bite done on prior. Working of the cuff is not his best attribute but his wife is cute though she is afflicted with shyness, still cute though. Gordon is getting very good at making him blush this particuler cute red blusher colour, his chin goes really red. I can remember my oldest son nappy rash had the same tint. Someone needing to tell him Kamilisan Lotion works really good for such troubles.

PM questions is getting really silly, poor David is being out classed.

I even like the support he gets from the back benches. The old biddy who asked why we were spending £100million on wind power. If the poor old torys do not know about greener energy now they never will or is that something else they can let slide when they get into power.

As a free ploy they could link some turbines to Tory HQ for all the hot air that goes a begging from that place.
Old 14 January 2010, 07:38 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

As a point of interest, I think William Hague has grown into a fine Politician - he would make a very fine PM of the UK.
Old 14 January 2010, 08:01 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a point of interest, I think William Hague has grown into a fine Politician - he would make a very fine PM of the UK.
Old 14 January 2010, 08:31 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Steady on Lewis.

We are not used to sensible posts!

dl
Old 14 January 2010, 10:27 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

It's true you lot are not used to sensible posts .... that's why I'm here to deliver some to you

You would be lost without me ..... Mr Hague is, actually, brilliant at what he does - but, so is Mandleson

Now, if we had Mandie against Hague in an election ......... now, that would be a quality fight!!
Old 14 January 2010, 11:36 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

If we had Mandie up against Jeremy Thorpe,.................you'd need baby oil and a crowbar to separate 'em
Old 15 January 2010, 10:52 AM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
The depressing fact is that we have a one person party versus a NO person party.

Oh what a choice

Agreed
Old 15 January 2010, 12:16 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Yes I have always thought he is a good man. I also think David Davies would do a decent job too.

We are desperately short of a real leader to get hold of the job for the right reasons and to give the sort of support to our country that Maggie did.

Les
Old 15 January 2010, 04:54 PM
Bram
Scooby Regular

All I will give you on past politicians is when they leave party politics behind they become more informed and actually show some ability or sound sense.

Portillo is a case in point. As a Tory he was a fud but he become more observent and you can actually see his point as it is the common sense point of view most times now. Why did he not show this before, its the system he cannot say what he wants as he must tow party line. So the question is the party political system to blame, should we do without or outlaw parties and elect by individual fighting on what they really believe on local issues and points they believe in.

It could be better in electing the ministers for instance, being elected by there fellow members when they convene the commons for first time, so we have persons who are informed or knowledgable about there Ministry being selected for and, being answerable to the house who act on the electorate behalf not party lines. It would also answer funding issues, all they need do is present themselves to the electorate at meetings prior to election and debate with other candidates or local press, the one who has the voters support or represents there thoughts is selected. Not much money will be needed as the local halls are funded via councils, local press reporting is free and stops these politically lobbiests run politics to their own ends and not the electorate. We may even get people who are really interested to work for who voted for them and not as part of their political career.

Salary would be linked to UK average along with with video conferencing run from local Council buildings an office can be found for each MP along with administration support via council staff, why do they need to be at the commons. They listen to debate and vote, it can be run as 8.00 till 5.00 post with public meetings in each seat every fortnight ot answer the voters best done at evening meetings only ministers needed in London we make them stay in Government Houses. Any issues they wish to raise can be done electronically by each MP, the speaker is redundant and we make a saving on his department as we only need admin to deal with issues/video conference agenda setting. Commons sittings can be restricted to openings or votes on War or election of Ministers and the President acts as Speaker on such occasions. Any issues needing investigated are done by Civil Service reporting to the commons. Ministers only do the commons bidding and are figure heads making sure their dept is run to budget and carrying out MP's decisions but answerable to the commons via committees run on video links. All issues raised internationally or EC must be put in front of the commons to vote for best action and carried on their behalf by the Minister and his dept.

All Government departments answer to the commons to stop single individuals gaining control and are overseen by MP committees.
Old 16 January 2010, 12:40 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The impression I get these days is that ministers are nominated by the PM to be in charge of their allotted ministry according to how supportive they have been to the PM, and are advised how to do the job by the civil servants who do the actual work.

The minister stands back until the best political path becomes clear so that he can then take a stance or come out with a new initiative which looks good on paper but will not necessarily happen anyway.

Otherwise the MPs will ensure that they have claimed as many expenses as they think they can get away with and will vote when necessary exactly as the party whips tell them!

How could we manage without them?

Les
Old 16 January 2010, 12:51 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Your right because this government didnt sleep walk into a recession....... did they?
Old 16 January 2010, 02:06 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

MEN like this Lewis??

'Captain Underpants' MP who posed on gay dating site wants children as young as nine to be given sex advice | Mail Online
Old 17 January 2010, 01:00 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bram
Has anyone else noticed how red our David's (sorry God David) face goes when he is asked anything he has not had a sound bite done on prior. Working of the cuff is not his best attribute but his wife is cute though she is afflicted with shyness, still cute though. Gordon is getting very good at making him blush this particuler cute red blusher colour, his chin goes really red. I can remember my oldest son nappy rash had the same tint. Someone needing to tell him Kamilisan Lotion works really good for such troubles.

PM questions is getting really silly, poor David is being out classed.

I even like the support he gets from the back benches. The old biddy who asked why we were spending £100million on wind power. If the poor old torys do not know about greener energy now they never will or is that something else they can let slide when they get into power.

As a free ploy they could link some turbines to Tory HQ for all the hot air that goes a begging from that place.
You seem to make a hobby of running "Dave" and his mates down at every opportunity. Obviously you are particulary anti his party as of course you are entitled to be if you want.

Bearing in mind that the Conservatives have not had a hand in running the country for thirteen years or so and can't be blamed for the position we find ourselves in, it would be interesting if you could list all those pertinent reasons why NL should be given another chance to trash this country completely.

Les