Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Damn snow

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2010, 09:55 AM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Damn snow

Woke up this morning to a massive bang, I look straight out the window as I pressumed someone had just crashed into the van. That was ok so the only onther sensible answer was the conservatory. Yup that was it, the weight of of the snow on the panels had made one force down and a huge pile of snow was sitting on the floor. I got a set of steps and managed to push the panel in place a little but its no where near wether tight
looks like I may have to claim on my insurance if I can't get my mate down today to repair it. I'm waiting for a sensible time before I ring him up. Has this snow caused any damage for others.
Old 10 January 2010, 10:19 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Years ago almost every house with a glass (or plastic extension such as a conservatory) would have had horizontal wooden slats on the house roof to stop snow sliding off onto said conservatory. You dont see them now do you?
Old 10 January 2010, 10:24 AM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

no but that reminds me i must move the car back a few feet...thanks for the heads up
Old 10 January 2010, 10:30 AM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

We were told that Sussex / Worthing was going to have severe snow, so filled both the cars up yesterday with fuel / food and logs and was prepared.

Looked out the window this morning, too............... nothing, absolutely nothing. Infact, I can feel slight rain.

Im starting to think that the severe weather warning anouncements are sponsered by Tescos / Sainburys.

SBK
Old 10 January 2010, 10:37 AM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Its happened again but not as bad and this time I took a quick picture. I now know whats causing it as well. Its the snow falling from the roof of our house and crashing down onto the conservatory, luckily its virtually all gone now

Old 10 January 2010, 10:39 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

What is the conservatory made of - lego ?

Old 10 January 2010, 11:11 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Must have been that heavy snow that PSL mentioned!

Sorry for the damage though.

Les
Old 10 January 2010, 06:15 PM
LC Geezer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Simon K
We were told that Sussex / Worthing was going to have severe snow, so filled both the cars up yesterday with fuel / food and logs and was prepared.

Looked out the window this morning, too............... nothing, absolutely nothing. Infact, I can feel slight rain.

Im starting to think that the severe weather warning anouncements are sponsered by Tescos / Sainburys.

SBK
Bizarre. I live just outside of Eastbourne and we had a reasonable amount of snow over Friday night and shed loads of it during Saturday afternoon. A good 8 or 9 inches of teh stuff now.
Old 10 January 2010, 06:24 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I think we met you in Morissons Simon k the place was absolutley chokka friday and saturday with panic buyers

Was going shopping for a few items - turned about face and headed for co-op
Old 10 January 2010, 08:27 PM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

DPD - I sent the Mrs out to get the supermaket items. I can do about 27 mins worth of shopping before Ive had enough and have to leave. A packed Sainsburys is hell for me, and if I have to go there, I tend to go at around 7am, or 9pm at night to void the crowds.

My part of the deal was to fill up the car's up with fuel and then help my mate deliver some wood to me. Infact I dropped my lady off outside Sainsburys, filled my car's, did the logs, in total taking an hour, got back to Sainsburys and still had to wait outside for 30 mins before she came out.

SBK