Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Travel Insurance: hole-in-one clause!

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2010, 03:12 PM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Travel Insurance: hole-in-one clause!

In these days of insurers upping their premiums and excesses and reducing the cover, isn't it reassuring to know that British Airways' Travel Insurance partner (Preferential Insurance) offers basic insurance that includes cover for that most awful of travel afflictions, namely the golfer's hole-in-one!

This is absolute truth.

If you get a hole-in-one on any organised game on any golf course during your travels and can get it verified in writing by the club secretary together with your completed golf card, Preferential will pay you 50 quid!

Not being a golfer myself, I hadn't realized that this rare event would cause the player such trauma, or is it just to help soothe over the pain of having to pay for a round of drinks in the 19th hole?

I bet they'd soon wriggle of paying for any genuine loss claims though!

The world has officially gone mad.
Old 05 January 2010, 05:16 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not really

I have specific golf insurance because the normal holiday insurance didnt cover enough of the cost of clubs if they were lost or stolen.

You are also covered if you cause injury or accidental death whilst on the course.

The hole in one cover is a great idea, I got one last year - my bar bill was in excess of £250 IIRC. I got a cheque sent back to me the following week from the insurers.

A hole in one is generally a traditional obligation and not a written rule whereby if you are lucky enough to get one you buy the entire clubhouse a drink - not just your playing partners.

Some insurers only cover you if you are in a bonefide competition which I was, so there were 40 odd guys in there, and the casual walk ins and staff members that got a drink out of me.

Originally Posted by Turbo2
In these days of insurers upping their premiums and excesses and reducing the cover, isn't it reassuring to know that British Airways' Travel Insurance partner (Preferential Insurance) offers basic insurance that includes cover for that most awful of travel afflictions, namely the golfer's hole-in-one!

This is absolute truth.

If you get a hole-in-one on any organised game on any golf course during your travels and can get it verified in writing by the club secretary together with your completed golf card, Preferential will pay you 50 quid!

Not being a golfer myself, I hadn't realized that this rare event would cause the player such trauma, or is it just to help soothe over the pain of having to pay for a round of drinks in the 19th hole?

I bet they'd soon wriggle of paying for any genuine loss claims though!

The world has officially gone mad.
Old 05 January 2010, 05:19 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

What pisses me off is BA only taking golf clubs as free of charge Sporting Goods.