Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

edinburgh, how bad was the snow last week?

Search this Thread

Old 28 December 2009, 09:13 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default edinburgh, how bad was the snow last week?

I have a customer that placed an order with me on the 21st December, we sent it on a 24 hour service but because of the snow it must of got held up.

She lives very close to Edinburgh and seems to think that it should have still be delivered sent half a dozen emails saying snow wasn't that bad, yours is the worst customer service ever, paid £5 for delivery blah blah moan, moan blah blah etc

Was it really bad up there? I though the airport was closed? how many cm's did you have?
Old 28 December 2009, 09:17 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah it was bad. I'm 20 or so miles southwest of Edinburgh and had over a foot of snow. It was a nightmare... people were getting stuck in car parks Christmas shopping, and we also haven't had stuff delivered from Amazon which was promised before Christmas but it's to be expected.
Old 28 December 2009, 09:19 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Can you not track and claim against the courier? West Lothian was 'quite' bad, 5-7 inches, but it varied quite a bit in the area mate according to relatives.

I'm North Wales so don't really know one way or the other, just through word of mouth via family etc
Old 28 December 2009, 09:38 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

I think the customer was in livingstone or livingston?

I can claim from the courier that's not a problem and the parcel will come back to us if it doesn't get delivered, She has asked why it was not delivered on 25th, told her it was Christmas, asked why it has not been delivered today (not possible because its a bank holiday) given her tracking number and courier details but she refuses to track or call courier!
Old 28 December 2009, 09:44 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went shopping in Livingston on xmas eve. That was where the cars were stuck in the car parks! I dug two people out before leaving the shopping centre at 5pm. Lol.

The main roads weren't too bad, but think about the back log the couriers would surely have, with it being impossible to get to places out in the countryside etc. Tell her to take a hike!

What's the problem with her calling the couriers?