Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Where can I get cheap micro-sd cards locally

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2009, 01:11 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get cheap micro-sd cards locally

I need to pick up an 8GB micro-SD card before xmas but can't think of anything local that will even get in the same ball park as what I can achieve on-line. Generally you can get 8GB cards online for around £12-15 with free delivery. The problem is that the delivery date will be after xmas and I've so far not found a site that offers a next day delivery service on such an item.

I looked at Tesco, Maplin, PC World and what-not online and it looks like they are wanting around £40-60 for an 8GB card. Sod that! I need a store locally where I can physically buy a card that is £10-£20.

Help appreciated.

Also, lol, your days are numbered physical stores. I buy 99.9% of all my stuff on the internet and it's soon going to become 99.99%.
Old 22 December 2009, 01:17 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

What's to laugh about at high street businesses going bump?

Personally I only buy online if i can't get it reasonably priced locally..

As for that online supermarket shopping.....what a load of crap. I can't believe that anybody is *that* busy they cant spend 1.5 hrs a week with the family at a supermarket. Picking up bits you might not normally, and serrupticiousley ogling the MILF's whilst under the watchfull eye of Sauron is half the fun..

And thier ******* delivery drivers that just park anywhere! :mad!
Old 22 December 2009, 01:21 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Computer Parts, PC Components, Desktop Computers, Laptops, Notebooks - Misco.co.uk
it says order by tommorrow, for pre christmas delivery. 4.5% cashback through quidco too.
Old 22 December 2009, 01:30 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I laugh because they are becoming seriously uncompetative in a lot of areas and don't seem to be doing much to try and combat it.

I mean, taking these small cards as an example. They take up hardly any retailing space so there is surely no issue in buying stock in bulk and having a good selection available on the shelves. Price them remotely competatively and surely they will sell. Instead, I'm faced with the choice of paying £15 on-line or £40+ in a store. Furthermore, it's not like delivery is even going to be a hassle as the package will fit through the door! Why on earth would I buy this item from a store.

Same goes for many, many other goods. I bought an over-clockers PC package that on a performance per £ basis would wipe the floor with anything you could buy in a high street store such as PC-World. Books, DVDs, clothes....all cheaper online.

Granted, I still do my physical food shopping in Tesco's. As you say, you can't beat a browse when it comes to chow and milf's.
Old 22 December 2009, 01:33 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Nice find Joey
Old 22 December 2009, 01:48 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

I think the problem with goods like memory cards for you, in this instance, is that you are not really the in supermarkets' customer catchment for 'high value' goods so to speak.

They are after the people that phsically 'follow through' at the very thought of online shopping, or god perish, entering card details into a computer, so it's your gran and grandad etc...same goes for the TV's they sell, people are prepared to pay a bit more for the re-assurance a supermarket offers them over a faceless online retailer.

So they charge what they want and tear thier keks off!
Old 22 December 2009, 01:53 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

It's funny, I just had that very conversation with a mate on the phone who said, "my dad's the kind of plonker that would happily pay £50 in a shop as he believes his bank account will be instantly zero'd the moment he feeds card details into the online interweb"
Old 22 December 2009, 01:57 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

An old boy I used to work with furiousley avoided online transactions at all cost. The last time he went abroad, some dodgy waiter had the good heart to clone his card for him in a restaurant
Old 22 December 2009, 02:04 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

LOL, that'll learn him
Old 22 December 2009, 02:53 PM
ChrisB

Isn't part of the USP of a physical shop the "have-it-now-factor"?

I've bought stuff in Maplin, PC World or whenever when conditions dictate I need to have it in my grubby hands ASAP. The trade-off is paying more.
Old 22 December 2009, 04:28 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Can you not order it from PC World online and pick up in store?

You get the online price, along with a chance to laugh at the morons/"tech guys"!