Sony Ericsson Satio problems

Search this Thread

Old 14 December 2009, 12:38 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sony Ericsson Satio problems

Guys,

Has anyone on here got a Sony Ericsson Sation?

I changed the Satio for the updated version free of charge following the first Satio having major firmware and crashing problems.

The new Satio works a lot quicker. That was the first thing I noticed. Applications seem to work a lot better too i.e Google Maps etc.

Now, this morning I tried transferring from my old phone things like Photo's and Music files.

I used the card reader for the previous card and put it in my laptop. Saved to the desk top.

I then took the new card from the Satio into the card reader and then put the files like music and images onto the card.

I went to the images, could view all my previous phones photos fine. But when I went to "Music" none of my previous files were there? I put the card back into my card reader and looked on my laptop and they are there.
So I then switched the phone off and then went back into the music file on the phone and they still were not there.

I thought sod it I can Bluetooth them over. However when I went back onto the Satio to show my partner an old picture all of the files moved over now show a "broken" file so I cannot view them?

I've called the Sony Ericsson help desk and they advised to down load the new software? I stated it already is the uprated version but they still suggested it.

So I called the Carphone Warehouse and asked them. They couldn't give me the answer and stated that they can put me through to the "Geek Team" but would have to pay for it??

All I want to do is.
From my previous expansion card from my old phone which I have now save to the Desk Top move over into the correct file etc on my Satio's expansion card.

Does anyone know what or how to do this. It's driving me mad!!

Steve
Old 14 December 2009, 01:44 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Try formatting the new card in the new phone. This wil give it a chance to create new folders based on the phone, like Pictures, Music etc. Then when you put the new card into your laptop, it should be apparent where they go.
Old 14 December 2009, 09:39 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

The phone has flaws

it has / was been dropped by CPW & P4U

Sony Ericsson Aino pulled out from UK stores just after Satio - GSMArena.com news

although a fix may be possible for some

R1CA037 update ends the Sony Ericsson Satio issues, hopefully - GSMArena.com news

and from the horses mouth

Sony Ericsson - Support - Phones - Topic - Updateserviceapplication - Satio?
hth

Mart
Old 14 December 2009, 09:58 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the reply here guys.

Joey, I know what you mean but the Satio's sub folders are not very clear.
i.e if you want to drag say "Music" over to "Music" it will not work. You put it back in the phone (the card that is) and you still cannot view it. It's stupid.

Mart,

I was advised that they have resolved some issues on the Satio. Hence why I returned my old handset for the current one. It does seem a lot better bar this issue of file transfers.

I still find YouTube has pixle defects but if you go in fia "Media" it seems clearer? Weird.

As said in the above I did contact Sony Ericsson Support but they didn't want to know and just advised me to download the software? Teh link you have given me is another link not the one they told me.

It's a great phone if only they made it more user friendly. All I want to do is view my old files from my last phone which I have transfered over from my previous Sony Ericssons in the past. Like "Music" to "Music........"Video" to Video" ........"Picture" to "Picture" and so on.

Steve
Old 17 December 2009, 12:05 AM
RSLEG1
Scooby Regular

I recently tried to move some avi files onto my ps3 from a flash drive and it wouldn't recognise or even display them. I had to name a specific folder for each type of file ie PS3VIDEO/ subfolder VIDEO or PS3MUSIC/ subfolder MUSIC (or something to that effect!)

Could sony have set up the phine like this too? Maybe formatting the card in the phone as already suggested could set up these folders?
Old 17 December 2009, 12:00 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

All sony ericssons are sh1te, they are released effectivley in beta and the public tests the software, then for patches to be released according to feed back!

Nokia are just as bad with the 97's and symbian, they are released in the full knowledge they have glitches!

Stick to rim or apple for a phone!