Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Those BNP Spitfire Images

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2009, 09:28 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those BNP Spitfire Images

I've just read that the picture of the Spitfire that the BNP are using in their latest publicity, is in fact from a Polish unit

BBC - Nick Robinson's Newslog: BNP's 'hang generals' just 'humour'

Bloody immigrants eh

It's bad enough that the BNP were closer to the Bf109 users than the Spitfire operators...

Steve
Old 20 October 2009, 09:56 PM
Avi
Scooby Regular

. Saw this back in March. Nick Griffin tried to dig his way out of it though

"Whatever is happening in the EU today has nothing to do with the traditionally strong bonds between our countries,” Mr Griffin said.

“Not only do we have many Britons of Polish descent in the BNP — and some are even candidates — but the truth is that we love Europe, but hate what the EU is.”
Old 20 October 2009, 10:03 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

You know, for all that is bad about the BNP, I actually trust him more than the current crowd we have. That in itself is a worrying thought
Old 20 October 2009, 10:11 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by Luminous
You know, for all that is bad about the BNP, I actually trust him more than the current crowd we have. That in itself is a worrying thought
Good point!
Old 20 October 2009, 10:18 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

He came about quite plausible on CH4 news tonight and made Jon Snow look a bit of a tit, not to mention the failed Tory guest. I don't agree with much of what the BNP stands for, but I think the likes of Peter Hain etc can't blame the BNP for possible future race crime when this government has actually been responsible for thousands and thousands of ethnic deaths in Asia. Not to mention the disenfranchisement of a sizeable portion of British born 'ethnics' to the extent of home terrorist attacks.

The way that the big parties refuse to discuss the more 'uncomfortable' issues in our society, let alone deal with them (not just race and immigration) drive people to extremist groups they'd not normally have the time for.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing Griffen on Question Time. I think a few on the panel will be in for a shock as the guy seems quite articulate and very prepared.
Old 20 October 2009, 10:24 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

The bomb is going to go off on Thursday's Question Time

When somebody finally gets to talk some common sense on the Lib/Lefty controlled mainstream.

Should be interesting (understatement)
Old 20 October 2009, 10:31 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
The bomb is going to go off on Thursday's Question Time

When somebody finally gets to talk some common sense on the Lib/Lefty controlled mainstream.

Should be interesting (understatement)
That 'somebody' being Nick Griffin? The very same Nick Griffin who has a criminal record for racial hate crimes?

I'm also looking forward to Thursday night and I applaud the BBC's decision to have him on, because he and his party need to be publically challenged, and their odious views shown up for what they are.

BTW Nick Griffin has never talked 'common sense' unless you mean by that racism and/or sudo-racism are common sense
Old 20 October 2009, 10:40 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Is not waging an illegal war and killing many members of a different racial group a REAL crime not just a hate crime?

Would it not be common sense to have a prime minister with a mandate to govern? Would it be common sense to have a vote on this forced upon European Treaty? The list really does go on. Our political representitives come from parties with backgrounds of sleaze, lies and criminal acts it could be argued that Griffen has more common sense than many politicians. Very few laws passed in this country in the past decade have been formed from common sense.

Last edited by scoobynutta555; 20 October 2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 20 October 2009, 10:43 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Is not waging an illegal war and killing many members of a different racial group a REAL crime not just a hate crime?

Would it not be common sense to have a prime minister with a mandate to govern? Would it be common sense to have a vote on this forced upon European Treaty? The list really does go on. Our political representitives come from parties with backgrounds of sleaze, lies and criminal acts it could be argued that Griffen has more common sense than many politicians. Very few laws passed in this country in the past decade have been formed from common sense.
I agree with you on most points, but none of them excuse Griffen and his National Front buddies for their views and motives
Old 21 October 2009, 06:19 AM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only if the reason you are killing them is because they are a different race. The British have done that a few times in the past, but the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are for other reasons.

M
Old 21 October 2009, 01:14 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve vRS
I've just read that the picture of the Spitfire that the BNP are using in their latest publicity, is in fact from a Polish unit

BBC - Nick Robinson's Newslog: BNP's 'hang generals' just 'humour'

Bloody immigrants eh

It's bad enough that the BNP were closer to the Bf109 users than the Spitfire operators...

Steve
Its worth remembering that the Polish pilots in WW2 were very good not to have a dogfight with. They were quite fearless!

Les
Old 21 October 2009, 03:28 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
Only if the reason you are killing them is because they are a different race. The British have done that a few times in the past, but the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are for other reasons.

M
You've misunderstood my post.
Old 21 October 2009, 03:48 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

You've misunderstood my post.
Only slightly. You suggested it was a hate crime, and then added it might be something more. It might be something else, even a war crime, but it's not a hate crime as they victim's are not targeted because of their race.

And Griffin is still a racist bigot with no real policies beyond "wogs out!" And that's not a terribly realistic policy either.

M
Old 21 October 2009, 06:37 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
Only slightly. You suggested it was a hate crime, and then added it might be something more. It might be something else, even a war crime, but it's not a hate crime as they victim's are not targeted because of their race.

And Griffin is still a racist bigot with no real policies beyond "wogs out!" And that's not a terribly realistic policy either.

M
Ok, I'll take the word 'just' out so it reads more clearly. But you're off on a tangent unrelated to what I was saying

I've just been on the BNP website for the first time to see if indeed they have other policies other than 'wogs out' (which I'm sure isn't their policy ) . Seems to be quite a few policies outlined, probably more than Cameron has dared to list. I may be mistaken but I thought Griffen was 'ok' with British born ethnic minorities and was against illegals and further immigration.

Of course in the unlikely event Griffen was elected PM he might have 'wogs out' as his policy and disregard all manifesto promises, just like the Labour party then with their unelected leader
Old 21 October 2009, 07:14 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

You won't find this on the Labour website: "Fuel tax should be cut, motorway speed limits raised, and hidden speed cameras should be banned."
BNP website under transport.
Old 21 October 2009, 07:33 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

What are his views on the work shy and the benefit cheats?
I'm warming to this guy, and he isn't Scottish either!
Regardless the party will always be tarnished by the extremist followers even if they do genuinely want to make a serious attempt at seat winning through sensible policies.
Old 21 October 2009, 07:39 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by +Doc+
What are his views on the work shy and the benefit cheats?
I'm warming to this guy, and he isn't Scottish either!
Regardless the party will always be tarnished by the extremist followers even if they do genuinely want to make a serious attempt at seat winning through sensible policies.
DONT BE FOOLED!!!

This 'chap' you are warming to is a racist merchant of hate. They represent nothing good, nothing at all, they are simply appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Remember they are the Nation Front in suites!!
Old 21 October 2009, 07:46 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Judging on their law and order policy I'd say they'd be fairly harsh on benefit cheats and the work shy
Old 21 October 2009, 07:59 PM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
DONT BE FOOLED!!!

This 'chap' you are warming to is a racist merchant of hate. They represent nothing good, nothing at all, they are simply appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Remember they are the Nation Front in suites!!
He came about quite plausible on CH4 news tonight and made Jon Snow look a bit of a tit, not to mention the failed Tory guest. I don't agree with much of what the BNP stands for, but I think the likes of Peter Hain etc can't blame the BNP for possible future race crime when this government has actually been responsible for thousands and thousands of ethnic deaths in Asia. Not to mention the disenfranchisement of a sizeable portion of British born 'ethnics' to the extent of home terrorist attacks.

The way that the big parties refuse to discuss the more 'uncomfortable' issues in our society, let alone deal with them (not just race and immigration) drive people to extremist groups they'd not normally have the time for.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing Griffen on Question Time. I think a few on the panel will be in for a shock as the guy seems quite articulate and very prepared.
I completely agree with the quote from Martin '05 and we should be very aware of the BNP and their kind...
...However,i also agree SN555 that after watching Griffin on the national news over the past few days,although a buffoon,i dont think it will be the one sided affair on QT that we think it might be (or hoped).Will be very interesting viewing
Old 21 October 2009, 08:27 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

You won't find this on the Labour website: "Fuel tax should be cut, motorway speed limits raised, and hidden speed cameras should be banned."
BNP website under transport.
"Should".
Not "Will".
I'm guessing "should" doesnt appear in their immigration policy....
The BNP’s policy is to:
- Deport all the two million plus who are here illegally;
- Deport all those who commit crimes and whose original nationality was not British;
- Review all recent grants of residence or citizenship to ensure they are still appropriate;
- Offer generous grants to those of foreign descent resident here who wish to leave permanently;
- Stop all new immigration except for exceptional cases;
- Reject all asylum seekers who passed safe countries on their way to Britain.
ah what a surprise!
astraboy.
Old 21 October 2009, 09:35 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

It's a policy manifesto of intended actions. Show me the intentions of any main political party that mirror the stated transport policy

It's a moot point anyway as they won't win the next general election!
Old 21 October 2009, 09:44 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

It's a policy manifesto of intended actions. Show me the intentions of any main political party that mirror the stated transport policy

It's a moot point anyway as they won't win the next general election!
Which is why they can tell you what you want to hear
Old 21 October 2009, 09:53 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

BNP All the way folks!
Old 21 October 2009, 09:54 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

What's new, they're politicians aren't they? It's a rare occurrence that a manifesto is full of stuff you don't want to hear.
Old 21 October 2009, 10:02 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

What's new, they're politicians aren't they? It's a rare occurrence that a manifesto is full of stuff you don't want to hear.
I find it striking that you and others on here are prepared to defend the BNP and their appalling agenda, and yet attack the non fascist mainstream party's

This place is like the twightlight zone sometimes
Old 21 October 2009, 10:22 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
I don't think anyone here is 'defending' the BNP, just pointing out that they do have actual policies whereas the "... non fascist mainstream party's ..." [apostrophe is wrong BTW ] don't appear to have many, if any .....

And it's [apostrophe correct there ....] strange that people *smear* the BNP by recalling it's [apostrophe correct there too ....] 'fascist' background when half the Labour cabinet were paid up members of the communist party.

... indeed ......

Dave
And here speaks the apologist-in-chief for the BNP.

Your earlier post was absolutely jaw-dropping 'Britain for the British, who could argue with that'...

Well that all depends on what that ACTUALLY means doesn't it?

Do you realise who and what it is your are defending??

And more importantly why do you feel the need to slag off mainstream politics and at the same time leap to the defense of extremists???

Oh and stop being a **** about my grammar, I was educated under Maggie!
Old 21 October 2009, 10:25 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

I'm not defending anyone. I'm just interested in learning more about a party that everyone tells me are evil, especially established politicians who seem to be treating me and everyone else with contempt. Especially as they've been elected to represent us in Europe. Someone must vote for them and like their policies.
Old 21 October 2009, 10:26 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
And here speaks the apologist-in-chief for the BNP.

Your earlier post was absolutely jaw-dropping 'Britain for the British, who could argue with that'...

Well that all depends on what that ACTUALLY means doesn't it?

Do you realise who and what it is your are defending??

And more importantly why do you feel the need to slag off mainstream politics and at the same time leap to the defense of extremists???

Oh and stop being a **** about my grammar, I was educated under Maggie!
Is she the one from 'The Simpsons'?

Quick Reply: Those BNP Spitfire Images