Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What was the kerfuffle all about the late S Gateley in the DM then?

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2009, 04:12 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What was the kerfuffle all about the late S Gateley in the DM then?

Well?
Old 18 October 2009, 04:31 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Read it for yourself.

A strange, lonely and troubling death . . . | Mail Online

The original headline was "Why Stephen Gately's Death Was Anything But Natural"

I fully expect that there'll be a number of SN members that support Ms Moir's views. Personally, I found the not-very-thinly-veiled suggestion that he died of being gay and that civil partnerships will all end in tragedy (because they'll all die of gay) to be offensive.
Old 18 October 2009, 05:03 PM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
Read it for yourself.

A strange, lonely and troubling death . . . | Mail Online

The original headline was "Why Stephen Gately's Death Was Anything But Natural"

I fully expect that there'll be a number of SN members that support Ms Moir's views. Personally, I found the not-very-thinly-veiled suggestion that he died of being gay and that civil partnerships will all end in tragedy (because they'll all die of gay) to be offensive.
I found the piece a frightening insight into the ingnorance and dangerous attitudes of people regarding the gay community. The fact that this woman was allowed to voice such a ridiculous statement is beyond belief.

Last edited by magepaster; 18 October 2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 18 October 2009, 05:14 PM
RoadPest
Scooby Regular

DM death match ?? please explain ? all i know is he is dead burnt to a crisp fineto may god rest his sole at last
Old 18 October 2009, 06:22 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RoadPest
DM death match ?? please explain ? all i know is he is dead burnt to a crisp fineto may god rest his arsesole at last

I had to edit your post

I think its sad what happened
Old 18 October 2009, 07:28 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

That woman writes the nastiest, most vitriolic pieces it's been my misfortune to read. I had to stop reading her columns in the Telegraph. And she's no bleedin' oil painting!
Old 18 October 2009, 08:01 PM
richiewong
Twatful

How to confuse the Daily Mail editor, tell him that an asylum seeker killed a paedophile!
Old 18 October 2009, 08:06 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Healthy and fit 33-year-old men do not just climb into their pyjamas and go to sleep on the sofa, never to wake up again.
Yes they do. Its called Sudden Adult Death Syndrone.

This journalist is not only bigoted, but ignorant
Old 18 October 2009, 08:07 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Its not upto the Daily Mail or any other person to judge what gays do, that is God's job.
Old 18 October 2009, 08:16 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jay m A
Yes they do. Its called Sudden Adult Death Syndrone.

This journalist is not only bigoted, but ignorant
Didnt it turn out that he had a pulmonary heart condition or something?
Old 18 October 2009, 08:35 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Dying to have a dig but doesnt want to incur the wrath, she said that they didnt bring the Bulgarian student back for a game of "Canasta", the implication was that they were all bumming each other senseless like all those horrible, disgusting homos do, she mentioned Matt Lucas's ex who killed himself, see another bummer dead because he like other mens bums, it will happen to them all, the wages of sin is death etc etc

I dont see what the implication is here, they went out and had a lot to drink, like men, gay or straight tend to do, they came back, perhaps smoked a joint, then they possibly had gay sex, straight people have sex, its kind of jiggling a ***** in a suitable orifice till it goes off or by other means, not potentially deadly in the short term and as long as precautions are taken it is safe in the long term

Ok, we dont all bring back Bulgarian students to our flat as married couples, but some traditional married couples, swing, go ******* and god knows what else, I think gay men are probably more profilific in this respect as there are no women in the equation, and lets be frank, men are f*cking animals when it comes to ********, freed of the complication of the female I would imagine its open season all the time if thats your thing, not saying however that all gay men are promiscious.

I cant see any merit in that article, its just trying to say it was because he was gay he died, I cant see anything that would lead me to draw that conclusion but still, the average Daily Mail reader does like to rant about such things.
Old 18 October 2009, 08:42 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Good old daily mail. They'll be telling us you can catch Gay from toilet seats next.

The sad thing is alot of what is printed is believed. The financial section is determined to inform its readership that they are all going broke. I can tell from what a client says to me if they've read the Mail on Sunday.

I tell them to stop reading the papers.
Old 18 October 2009, 08:48 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Dying to have a dig but doesnt want to incur the wrath, she said that they didnt bring the Bulgarian student back for a game of "Canasta", the implication was that they were all bumming each other senseless like all those horrible, disgusting homos do, she mentioned Matt Lucas's ex who killed himself, see another bummer dead because he like other mens bums, it will happen to them all, the wages of sin is death etc etc

I dont see what the implication is here, they went out and had a lot to drink, like men, gay or straight tend to do, they came back, perhaps smoked a joint, then they possibly had gay sex, straight people have sex, its kind of jiggling a ***** in a suitable orifice till it goes off or by other means, not potentially deadly in the short term and as long as precautions are taken it is safe in the long term

Ok, we dont all bring back Bulgarian students to our flat as married couples, but some traditional married couples, swing, go ******* and god knows what else, I think gay men are probably more profilific in this respect as there are no women in the equation, and lets be frank, men are f*cking animals when it comes to ********, freed of the complication of the female I would imagine its open season all the time if thats your thing, not saying however that all gay men are promiscious.

I cant see any merit in that article, its just trying to say it was because he was gay he died, I cant see anything that would lead me to draw that conclusion but still, the average Daily Mail reader does like to rant about such things.

May God strike you dead
Old 19 October 2009, 12:00 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

As I said, he had a good night out and unfortunately SADS got him by the sound of it. I really can't see the point of all the speculation about how he died anyway and the obvious hope in some quarters that his death was down to some sensational reason.

He was well liked by his friends and it is a shame that he died so young.

Les
Old 19 October 2009, 12:12 PM
New_scooby_04

This is why you should never read the mail!

Cororner's report (i.e. Dr who actually examined the deceased): Natural causes

Daily Mail: No way! It was an inevitable consequence of immigration, gays and ..... oh and don't get us started on single mothers

That rag isn't even fit for toilet paper!
Old 19 October 2009, 12:22 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Originally Posted by sarasquares
Didnt it turn out that he had a pulmonary heart condition or something?
These type of heart conditions are undetectable unless you have specific screening, even then in some cases an Electrocardiogram (ECG) doesn't pick it up.

Twelve seemingly fit and healthy young people die every week due to undiagnosed conditions.

Cardiac Risk in the Young the UK SADS charity raises awareness and offers support for SADS
Old 19 October 2009, 12:25 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

are we sure he didn't choke to death with a massive **** in his mouth?
Old 19 October 2009, 12:34 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by bigsinky
are we sure he didn't choke to death with a massive **** in his mouth?
In Jan Moir's expert opinion as a coroner that's exactly how he died. And he'll go straight to hell with all the other sodomites & deviants. Charlie Brooker wrote a good rebuttal to the original article here
Old 19 October 2009, 12:52 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

So he didn't die from a few too many babyshams and a good bumming and a dousing of man-mayo then;
Old 19 October 2009, 01:02 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Charlie Brooker got it spot on, she didnt, if he had been straight and died with a woman in the apartment would she have still written the piece, I think some people are still struggling that some people prefer their own sex to the opposite, its all a bit mysterious and strange for them, to be honest sometimes I find the choice of partner for some heterosexual couples more mystifying and bizarre than the gay ones.

Time she resigned from journalism, time the Daily Mail got a rethink.
Old 19 October 2009, 01:39 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

And well spoofed here,

The Daily Quail: JAN MOIR: Why there's nothing natural about these gays
Old 19 October 2009, 02:02 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

The daily mail is so full of sh1te that anyone who reads it instantly has NO integrity or weight to any opinion, view or anything that comes out of their easily led, eager to have something to moan about, full of shi1te mouths!

The daily mail can **** off, i hope the building its mung bean eating, ethnically diverse bunch of ******* they call staff work in blows up with them inside it!
Old 19 October 2009, 02:22 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Ha, good find J4CKO. I particularly liked this bit:

Originally Posted by Daily Quail
Precisely what happened before, during, or after the salacious triumvirate returned to their hotel I don't know, but it's quite obvious that it was something icky that almost certainly led to poor Stephen's death. I'm no expert, or medical professional, nor do I know most of the facts, and I haven't really bothered reading about the case or asking anyone, but with cases like this you don't need to.
Sums up Moir's article nicely.
Old 19 October 2009, 10:16 PM
rabbos
Scooby Regular

21000 complaints about moir and counting...

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/article.as...ntid=150322803
Old 19 October 2009, 10:20 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

I just logged in to post that...

...I was thinking the NSR massive could all complain too that would add at least another six or seven complaints!
Old 19 October 2009, 10:48 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Make a complaint.

The article contravenes 1,5 and 12 of the code.

Complain online
Old 20 October 2009, 09:14 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I've already complained. I'm not 100% convinced on sections 1 and 5, 12 is definately a goer, which was the basis of my complaint.
Old 20 October 2009, 11:12 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Stupid woman trying to make a bit of popularity from a misplaced attempt at sensationalism. It certainly misfired and I hope she gets her "comeuppance" over it.

Les
Old 20 October 2009, 11:24 AM
renny
Scooby Regular

As is true with most Daily Mail articles / stories i read - i got bored half way through and stopped reading it.
Old 20 October 2009, 10:27 PM
rabbos
Scooby Regular

What will happen to her as a result of anyone's complaint? Not much - might get sacked?

I'm sure there must be some angry gays who would bum Moir into next week to teach her a lesson.

Quick Reply: What was the kerfuffle all about the late S Gateley in the DM then?