Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

x5 drivers

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2009, 08:46 AM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default x5 drivers

i quite like the car, but why do the drivers think they are better than everyone else.

i was taking my daughter to school in gatley this morning,
there is a long road, that could be quite fast except its very busy and there are pedestrianised islands sort of jutting into the road, so only one car can get past,

the cars in front of me had enough room to get thru the gap in the time but i did not, so i stopped, behind a parked car, (which he couldnt have seen). then the island with the bollards on, as the car on the other side of the road has right of way, and is very close i stopped and waited for him to go past.

but a bloody x5 getting screwed thought the few seconds out of his life werent worth while, so he over takes me just manages to squeeze thru and get by the bollards and the oncoming car, it really wound me up, there are two schools on the road, and i was in my company lettered van so had my daughter with me and couldnt castch him up to tell him what a tool he was.

i dont normally get wound up but the sheer arrogance of this arsehole and not being able to do some sort of appropriate hand gesture really go to me this morning, i had to tell somebody,

rant over
Old 15 October 2009, 09:11 AM
yoza
BANNED

Once you have learnt that there are to55ers on the road, and accept it, things get alot easier.

If you see someone about to make a stupid move and it may effect you, back off, let him in, and laugh out loud....and then instantly forget it.

If you see someone jumping the queue, driving down the hardshoulder in traffic, whizzing past you at twice the speed limit, cutting up other drivers, and it doesnt involve you.....totally ignore it, your life will be better if you master this art.

If you let it get to you, then thats it, they have won.

You lose.
Old 15 October 2009, 09:19 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

my father said to me, when I first past my test 20ys ago,

"when you get in your car, leave your ego and pride on the pavement"

and I replied fvck off grasshopper
Old 15 October 2009, 09:23 AM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

You lost me at " ....... i was in my company lettered van ".

8loody van drivers ! X5 may have jumped the queue, but van's are always causing issues.

SBK
Old 15 October 2009, 09:53 AM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

Hold on, if we are condemning this driver mainly due to owning a X5, then lets review this van driver.

Lets be honest, how many times has a delivery van just stopped in front of you ? just pulled over and got out, or parked up on the side of the road stopping traffic on your lane ?

How many times have you been stuck behind a van on the fast lane doing 60/70 and will not move over ? You under take and whilst looking in the *** is drinking a coffee and smoking a ***.

How many times have you been stuck behind a van on the fast lane, when he's over taking another van, neither which can accelerate ? Neither are edging ahead, and all they are doing is backing up traffic.

Van drivers are far worse than X5 drivers. Normally driven by moronic builders, plumbers or delivery ****.

Obviously the gap was build enough for the X5, and obviously there was plenty of time for you to get past the island. Whether in an X5 or not, I would of gone for it too ! I suggest you walk to school.

SBK
Old 15 October 2009, 09:55 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
my father said to me, when I first past my test 20ys ago,

"when you get in your car, leave your ego and pride on the pavement"

and I replied fvck off grasshopper

Trending Topics

Old 15 October 2009, 10:01 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Bad driving is getting worse, and more frequent.

TBH it's school run mums that are the worst. When I had my Subaru, I was always geting screamed at for driving past the school at below the speed limit. Why? Cos it was bright Blue with Gold wheels. Had scoops and spoilers all over it, and sounded like it was doing 80mph when in fact it was doing 20mph.

School run mum in front of me would be doing above the 30mph limit, not slowing down at all for kids crossing the road, or for slowing / parked cars.

Yet I was the danger.

Funnily enough, I've never even been looked at, yet alone screamed at since I got the Golf. Maybe I should get an X5?

Last edited by stilover; 15 October 2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 15 October 2009, 10:59 AM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

she does walk usually,
infact she still does but not all the way.
but when somebody tried to grab one of her mates by the side of the golf course the week before last, we have decided to take her and pick her up for the forseeable future.
certainly in the winter anyway

there wasnt enough time to get thru the gap, he only made it because i would say that the oncoming car slowed down.

i kept my foot on the brake as well so he knew i was stationary, and as to alert anyone else behind me.
Old 15 October 2009, 11:14 AM
SetoN
Scooby Regular

St. Annes road is a nightmare. I use it sometimes in the morning to miss out the John Lewis roundabout mayhem. These 4x4 drivers get very annoyed at me keeping to the 20mph limit and slowing down to 10mph for the humps. Closer they get, the slower I drive
Old 15 October 2009, 11:14 AM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Spend a couple of weeks driving in France, Italy, Spain, Africa, Asia, India, New Zealand or Australia and you'll quickly gain an appreciation of how utterly baddly people drive. Then you can go home approciate how well, in comparison, people drive.

In my days in the UK under training with Ex-Metropolitan Police driving instructers, if you can, just pass them ASAP, or if you can't, just pull back and let the DH's themselves sort it out. It makes for easier driving in the end.
Old 15 October 2009, 11:23 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate
she does walk usually,
infact she still does but not all the way.
but when somebody tried to grab one of her mates by the side of the golf course the week before last, we have decided to take her and pick her up for the forseeable future.
certainly in the winter anyway

there wasnt enough time to get thru the gap, he only made it because i would say that the oncoming car slowed down.

i kept my foot on the brake as well so he knew i was stationary, and as to alert anyone else behind me.
You were well within your rights and you behaved in a polite manner with due thought for other drivers. The roads would be far safer and easier to use if everybody acted like that.

I think that drivers of that type of vehicle often do seem to feel that they are more important than anyone else, I don't know whether that is the effect of that type of car or whether it is that type of person who will buy an X5 or similar. I see that type of driving more often from drivers of those sorts of vehicles than anything else.

Quite unnecessary to infer that you are a poor driver because you were in a van, and the tone of his posts indicate that Simon K. must be an owner or a wannabe owner of an X5 or similar and all that goes with it!

Les
Old 15 October 2009, 11:33 AM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Simon K
Hold on, if we are condemning this driver mainly due to owning a X5, then lets review this van driver.

Lets be honest, how many times has a delivery van just stopped in front of you ? just pulled over and got out, or parked up on the side of the road stopping traffic on your lane ?

How many times have you been stuck behind a van on the fast lane doing 60/70 and will not move over ? You under take and whilst looking in the *** is drinking a coffee and smoking a ***.

How many times have you been stuck behind a van on the fast lane, when he's over taking another van, neither which can accelerate ? Neither are edging ahead, and all they are doing is backing up traffic.

Van drivers are far worse than X5 drivers. Normally driven by moronic builders, plumbers or delivery ****.

Obviously the gap was build enough for the X5, and obviously there was plenty of time for you to get past the island. Whether in an X5 or not, I would of gone for it too ! I suggest you walk to school.

SBK
All the time, in every country in the world I have driven. But you can see what's going on before it happens, I thank the Ex-Metropolitan Highway Police drivers who trained me.

But I would like to ram these (f)truckers off the road with a FAMO 18 tonne halftrack. Google some pictures of that, my fav WW2 vehicle. Cost more to make than a Tiger Tank.
Old 15 October 2009, 11:40 AM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

Les, I do like X5's, and yes I would have one :-)

However, one sentance you say ....

" I think that drivers of that type of vehicle often do seem to feel that they are more important than anyone else "

then say

"Quite unnecessary to infer that you are a poor driver because you were in a van".

What ever the case, terrible van drivers outnumber arrogant x5 drivers.

However........ :-) I can see the guys point and I respect his view. I always tend to drive more carefully outside schools and am more certious to other drivers. There's a time and a place.

Van drivers is a very sore point to me :-)

SBK
Old 15 October 2009, 11:42 AM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SetoN
St. Annes road is a nightmare. I use it sometimes in the morning to miss out the John Lewis roundabout mayhem. These 4x4 drivers get very annoyed at me keeping to the 20mph limit and slowing down to 10mph for the humps. Closer they get, the slower I drive

yup thats the one mate
it was the very first pedestrianised bit the one near finney lane.

infact there are three schools off it i forgot my sons on brown lane.
if you know that road seton you will know i dont have to explain myself any further.

cheers.
Old 15 October 2009, 12:38 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are loads of factors involved in this,

Does the driver try to live up to the impression he has of the cars image ?

Does the nature of the car and the way it drives allow such maneuvers, i.e. big, powerful, high up and automatic, the isolate you from the mechanical side so it may be serene inside the car but there is a massive car being blasted along making a racket outside, usually belching a big hot cloud of diesely air and the drivers dont seem to care about how they seem to thers, thus the image problem, some of the big SUV's have 500 bhp and weight the best part of three tonnes, the can accelerate to sixty in five or so seconds, so a ratty school run mum late for her personal trainer or tan session has the potential to create all that kinetic energy in a few seconds with one flex of her right foot.

Does he think he is more important because he has managed to get a premium SUV, wont slag the X5 off as its a good car but it did attract a certain type, these by and large have moved to RR Sports, Cayennes and Q7's, the X5 is old news for the arrogant and showy, he may be trying to keep the dream alive.

People get arratic when held up, they need to get up earlier but are probably too full of takeaway and Booze from the night before, ordered by his missus to drop the kids off making him late and South Manchester is gridlocked at the moment with all the roadwords so they get all ratty.

I personally, when someone stops, wonder why they have stopped as you go blasting past you get to see or obliterate why they have stopped, rarely do other drivers stop just to take in St Anns Road road in all its Autumnal glory, sometimes other drivers stop to answer mobiles or drink from a Thermos but by and large is due to an obstruction or hazard, he was risking some serius convictions if he hit someone driving like that.

I am sure some of these type of people really do believe they are special or better than anyone else, not just another punter, if he really was that special or important he wouldnt be mixing it with the rush hour traffic in South Manchester now would he.
Old 15 October 2009, 12:49 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
There are loads of factors involved in this,

Does the driver try to live up to the impression he has of the cars image ?

Does the nature of the car and the way it drives allow such maneuvers, i.e. big, powerful, high up and automatic, the isolate you from the mechanical side so it may be serene inside the car but there is a massive car being blasted along making a racket outside, usually belching a big hot cloud of diesely air and the drivers dont seem to care about how they seem to thers, thus the image problem, some of the big SUV's have 500 bhp and weight the best part of three tonnes, the can accelerate to sixty in five or so seconds, so a ratty school run mum late for her personal trainer or tan session has the potential to create all that kinetic energy in a few seconds with one flex of her right foot.

Does he think he is more important because he has managed to get a premium SUV, wont slag the X5 off as its a good car but it did attract a certain type, these by and large have moved to RR Sports, Cayennes and Q7's, the X5 is old news for the arrogant and showy, he may be trying to keep the dream alive.

People get arratic when held up, they need to get up earlier but are probably too full of takeaway and Booze from the night before, ordered by his missus to drop the kids off making him late and South Manchester is gridlocked at the moment with all the roadwords so they get all ratty.

I personally, when someone stops, wonder why they have stopped as you go blasting past you get to see or obliterate why they have stopped, rarely do other drivers stop just to take in St Anns Road road in all its Autumnal glory, sometimes other drivers stop to answer mobiles or drink from a Thermos but by and large is due to an obstruction or hazard, he was risking some serius convictions if he hit someone driving like that.

I am sure some of these type of people really do believe they are special or better than anyone else, not just another punter, if he really was that special or important he wouldnt be mixing it with the rush hour traffic in South Manchester now would he.
Male driver: My tandang (Tagalog for rooster, you'll get it) is bigger than yours.
Female driver: My "foofoo" is smaller than yours, and my husbands tandang is bigger than your husbands, so i get more "oranges" than you that's why i have a x5
Old 15 October 2009, 01:01 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Les, I do like X5's, and yes I would have one :-)

However, one sentance you say ....

" I think that drivers of that type of vehicle often do seem to feel that they are more important than anyone else "

then say

"Quite unnecessary to infer that you are a poor driver because you were in a van".

What ever the case, terrible van drivers outnumber arrogant x5 drivers.

However........ :-) I can see the guys point and I respect his view. I always tend to drive more carefully outside schools and am more certious to other drivers. There's a time and a place.

Van drivers is a very sore point to me :-)

SBK
I stand by what I said, and I do agree with you that there is a great deal of bad driving done by people in vans. I did pick up your dislike of van drivers I have however seen good driving by van drivers and even by people in X5's!!!

In this case, Jacko's mate had stopped at an obstruction to allow oncoming drivers to pass which was a well mannered act, and in fact exactly what is advised in the Highway code. The X5 driver by pushing his way through was demonstrating impatience and extremely poor road manners which incidentally seems to be endemic as far as a large number of them is concerned.

Les
Old 15 October 2009, 01:07 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

sbk,
so if i take the van to work, im the devil in disguise,
whatabout when i drive the pool car passat,
or my wives mini mpv, or when i get a lift in my bosses c class
am i still white van man?
Old 15 October 2009, 02:06 PM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

j4ckos mate, I bet your style of driving changes in each vehicle ??

Van :- Sometimes I have to drive a hire van to move IT equipment around and the moment I sit in it I get the urge for a Ginster's Buffea Bar :-). I drive like a pig, not caring what I do, speeds etc. The cabin of a van instantly turns you into that moronic way of driving. You know people look down at you, so you act accordingly. Also, van's are damage proof, you smash it up curbs, knock the sh1te out of it.

Pool Car :- Any vehicle with the word "Pool" infront of it is instantly thrashed. I dont know why pool cars have 5 gears when first is perfectly adequite for all roads :-) Come on now, lets be honest, we've all learnt to drive without a clutch, in a poooool car :-) pool car's are never cleaned and its manditory to leave all wraps / cans and papers folded, hidden in places.

Mini -van :- well if you have your kids on board, so you dont take a chance and drive slow. You suddenly become Mr Highway code and stick to all speed limits regardless if the flow of traffic is perfectly happy at 10mph more. You stop at level crossing / red lights when they go yellow and keep a 40 meter gap between you and the car infront infront of `just incase`, allowing every body to slip in and eventually push you miles and miles back.

Bosses C' class, well I bet you drive slow, as you want people to see you, and you like the idea of `lording` it around. Your probably pressing every button to see what it does, muttering how the boss is a pr1ck, does nothing and how you could do this job.

so, your style of driving changes with the vehicle your using. With a powerful X5 / truck, you have high advantage, so this driver might of had a better understanding of the gaps, lay out than yourself. With his acceleration capabilities that gap would of been perfectly safe for him etc etc. You drive in a manner than your vehicle allows you, aka if Im in a min 950cc then I cant do anything, cant accelerate, so my style changes, unlike if I was in an STI then I can accelerate and take advantage of the power / brakes etc.

My point really was to defend the X5, whether the driver is a pr1ck or not. It seems that the moment the `X5` has been mentioned on this site, your doomed and instantly guilty. :-)

Stating the highway code as some sort of defense, well bolloxs to that. You cant on one hand start quoting that usless booklet, whilst driving at 50mph in a 40, etc etc. The highway code doesnt relate to modern day driving, although they are trying to update it.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to this......... Im the best driver here and you lot are usless ! I have lots of stars on my license to prove it :-)

hahahahaa

SBK

Last edited by Simon K; 15 October 2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 15 October 2009, 03:08 PM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

the atypical X5 driver in Bradford is now a second rate citizen.

the preferred wan*er mobile choice is of course range rover sport or audi Q7.

funnily enough non of them seem to have functioning seatbelts or an off switch for the front fogs.
Old 15 October 2009, 03:25 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

i tend to drive the same to be honest no matter what iam driving,
im a passive sort of a bloke and this tends to reflect in my driving characteristics.
the only difference is where i park it at work,
in lots of ways i prefer the van,
and i can freely admit to speeding in it as well. however regardless of what i was driving,and how i would drive it i wouldnt pull out from behind and overtake another vehicle at traffic calming points, with another car coming the opposite way.
btw this guy wasnt asian.
i quite like x5's as well. just this was driven by a fool.
Old 15 October 2009, 03:29 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Audi A3s are the current bane of my life. Usually driven by short, bald men who think they are test pilots on a mission. I may be driving an MPV with a big boot but there isn't room in there for another car.

I just keep left and let them pass me by
Old 15 October 2009, 04:19 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

You drive the same in all cars and circumstances

Dont forget I have known you for twenty plus years so can catgorically can say that is bollocks !!!

In her car its mister sensible, sticking to speed limits and trying to get good MPG, cos you tell me about it.

In a Viva it was turn up the stereo "Pump Up the Jam" when racing Lamborghinis's from the lights in Cheadle, I knew you were giving it full beans when the glove box lid used to flip open.

In that E class when you first got it you drove round trying to look like Tony Soprano.

And in the van, driving like your **** is on fire, beeping at birds in short skirts, revving up at the lights to make dozy office workers jump on Deansgate, piece of freight sliding round (usually labelled fragile or hazourdous), Slightly tempered nowadays by having a full and recognisable livery all down the side.
Old 15 October 2009, 04:45 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

come mate the saturday night viva was over twenty years ago.
ive never had any points or motoriing convictions ever.

i dont drive fast how many times have i written on here i cant be arsed with cars,
the e class had 240k on it, the van is sighwritten, and even if it wasnt i would overtake a another vehicle at a traffic calming device.
Old 15 October 2009, 05:19 PM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

j4ckos mate, I bet your style of driving changes in each vehicle ??

Van :- Sometimes I have to drive a hire van to move IT equipment around and the moment I sit in it I get the urge for a Ginster's Buffea Bar :-). I drive like a pig, not caring what I do, speeds etc. The cabin of a van instantly turns you into that moronic way of driving. You know people look down at you, so you act accordingly. Also, van's are damage proof, you smash it up curbs, knock the sh1te out of it.

Pool Car :- Any vehicle with the word "Pool" infront of it is instantly thrashed. I dont know why pool cars have 5 gears when first is perfectly adequite for all roads :-) Come on now, lets be honest, we've all learnt to drive without a clutch, in a poooool car :-) pool car's are never cleaned and its manditory to leave all wraps / cans and papers folded, hidden in places.

Mini -van :- well if you have your kids on board, so you dont take a chance and drive slow. You suddenly become Mr Highway code and stick to all speed limits regardless if the flow of traffic is perfectly happy at 10mph more. You stop at level crossing / red lights when they go yellow and keep a 40 meter gap between you and the car infront infront of `just incase`, allowing every body to slip in and eventually push you miles and miles back.

Bosses C' class, well I bet you drive slow, as you want people to see you, and you like the idea of `lording` it around. Your probably pressing every button to see what it does, muttering how the boss is a pr1ck, does nothing and how you could do this job.

so, your style of driving changes with the vehicle your using. With a powerful X5 / truck, you have high advantage, so this driver might of had a better understanding of the gaps, lay out than yourself. With his acceleration capabilities that gap would of been perfectly safe for him etc etc. You drive in a manner than your vehicle allows you, aka if Im in a min 950cc then I cant do anything, cant accelerate, so my style changes, unlike if I was in an STI then I can accelerate and take advantage of the power / brakes etc.

My point really was to defend the X5, whether the driver is a pr1ck or not. It seems that the moment the `X5` has been mentioned on this site, your doomed and instantly guilty. :-)

Stating the highway code as some sort of defense, well bolloxs to that. You cant on one hand start quoting that usless booklet, whilst driving at 50mph in a 40, etc etc. The highway code doesnt relate to modern day driving, although they are trying to update it.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to this......... Im the best driver here and you lot are usless ! I have lots of stars on my license to prove it :-)

hahahahaa

SBK

Don't you just love the stereo types. I drive a van, fit kitchens and bathrooms, therefore I am a ginster and yorkie eating moron.

Ps is it true that all people called Simon have small dicks?
Old 15 October 2009, 05:29 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

he's a windup merchant mate,
next time im down your way we will meet up for a scotch egg and pastie,
perhaps sit and try and do the sun crossword.
Old 15 October 2009, 08:03 PM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

Mmm not sure if its small or big, better ask your mrs. She cant keep it out of her mouth :-)

Jackos mate, your friend Jacko agreed to everyone of my descriptions about yourself. Tony Soprano eh ? hahaah

Anyway, I had an interesting drive home tonight. I was going down the A27, doing about 80, and a ponce in a black Fiat, one of those small things, pulls out on the fast lane at 65 ish. It had L pates / L sign on the roof, and was a learner / RED car.

Okay I thought, bloody learners, perhaps 17:30 isnt a good time to bew learning, but then I realised it had no passenger and was being driven by the instructor. :-(

What a mindless *****, and noticed the guy had his mobile number written on the boot lid advertising his services. So, I called the ***** there and then :-), who answered. I asked him if he does driving lessions, which he replied yes. I then told him he f**king needs some himself as he drives like a c*nt. A c*nt that pulls out on to the fast lane at 65mph, without looking in his mirrors, when a car is shooting down it. I told him he's a f*cking embrassment and needs a passenger in there to watch him.

By now I was laughing my head off, he pulled over and I blew my horn laughing as I shot by ! hahahaah

SBK
Old 15 October 2009, 09:00 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Mmm not sure if its small or big, better ask your mrs. She cant keep it out of her mouth :-)

Jackos mate, your friend Jacko agreed to everyone of my descriptions about yourself. Tony Soprano eh ? hahaah

Anyway, I had an interesting drive home tonight. I was going down the A27, doing about 80, and a ponce in a black Fiat, one of those small things, pulls out on the fast lane at 65 ish. It had L pates / L sign on the roof, and was a learner / RED car.

Okay I thought, bloody learners, perhaps 17:30 isnt a good time to bew learning, but then I realised it had no passenger and was being driven by the instructor. :-(

What a mindless *****, and noticed the guy had his mobile number written on the boot lid advertising his services. So, I called the ***** there and then :-), who answered. I asked him if he does driving lessions, which he replied yes. I then told him he f**king needs some himself as he drives like a c*nt. A c*nt that pulls out on to the fast lane at 65mph, without looking in his mirrors, when a car is shooting down it. I told him he's a f*cking embrassment and needs a passenger in there to watch him.

By now I was laughing my head off, he pulled over and I blew my horn laughing as I shot by ! hahahaah

SBK
I was having a laugh though, he is generally quite polite on the roads, you just moaned about the driving instructor pullin out, annoying, yes, the you just admit to dialing him on your mobile on the motorway !
Old 15 October 2009, 11:02 PM
pacenote
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

SBK
There's no 'fast lane ', there's lanes 1 2 or 3 and all have the the same speed limit.

Quick Reply: x5 drivers