Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

BTCC - Not much different to F1 if this is to be believed...

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2009, 12:34 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking BTCC - Not much different to F1 if this is to be believed...

Very funny worth a watch

YouTube - Paddock conversation
Old 14 October 2009, 02:21 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Very funny.
Old 14 October 2009, 03:20 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Yes entertaining enough.

Never thought much to touring car racing though. It is not real racing when people get nudged off the track by their rivals, does not meant anything as far as a true result is concerned. If you want to see that then Stock Car or Banger racing is the place to go.

I think the observers should do their job properly and those doing the nudging should be black flagged straight away!

It was interesting that six Minis were found to have oversize engines when they were entered for the Mini race at the Goodwood revival. They were dumped straightaway I am glad to say and they wont get another entry at Goodwood again!

Les
Old 14 October 2009, 08:00 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

BTCC seems to have improved with regards to nudging (blatant ramming). Much cleaner racing recently compared to the old days

And just how do you tell and engine is oversized Has to be a lot of testing done to detect that surely! Glad they found them out though
Old 15 October 2009, 09:04 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

LOL - v funny. Having been fairly heavily involved with a BTCC team this season I would suggest that conversation is not a million miles away from the truth :-) I have heard a few comments along similar lines!
Old 15 October 2009, 12:08 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
BTCC seems to have improved with regards to nudging (blatant ramming). Much cleaner racing recently compared to the old days

And just how do you tell and engine is oversized Has to be a lot of testing done to detect that surely! Glad they found them out though
I don't know how it is initiated now, but when I was racing you could slap a fiver down and ask the scrutineers to get a competitor to remove the cylinder head so that they could measure the bore and stroke, if he was cheating you got your fiver back. It could be done I suppose by measuring the volume of a cylinder between BDC and TDC with an accurate measuring device for oil.

It certainly still goes on!

Les

Last edited by Leslie; 15 October 2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 15 October 2009, 04:28 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Top find!
Old 15 October 2009, 04:40 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

LMAO. Very true and very funny
Old 15 October 2009, 04:45 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I don't know how it is initiated now, but when I was racing you could slap a fiver down and ask the scrutineers to get a competitor to remove the cylinder head so that they could measure the bore and stroke, if he was cheating you got your fiver back. It could be done I suppose by measuring the volume of a cylinder between BDC and TDC with an accurate measuring device for oil.

It certainly still goes on!

Les
Wow, never knew it worked like that. Glad it does not apply to road cars, as I would be quite upset if I had to whip my cylinder head off Cannot imagine its that fast a job
Old 16 October 2009, 02:24 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
Wow, never knew it worked like that. Glad it does not apply to road cars, as I would be quite upset if I had to whip my cylinder head off Cannot imagine its that fast a job
Yes engine compartments are so tightly packed these days that its an afternoon's job to uncover the cylinder head I bet.

In those earlier days it did not take so long to get at it on a racer. I once managed a full decoke on a road going mini including re-facing the valves etc. in a garage car park and using their kit to do the valves and valve seats because my mate worked at the garage. Took about 2 hours and a little bit!

We were all nutters in those days!

Les
Old 16 October 2009, 04:24 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Leslie
Yes engine compartments are so tightly packed these days that its an afternoon's job to uncover the cylinder head I bet.

In those earlier days it did not take so long to get at it on a racer. I once managed a full decoke on a road going mini including re-facing the valves etc. in a garage car park and using their kit to do the valves and valve seats because my mate worked at the garage. Took about 2 hours and a little bit!

We were all nutters in those days!

Les
Step one - remove the bonnet.
Ah those salad days of yore.