Stroke Asscociation Day, Castle Combe 24th October

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2009, 11:54 AM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stroke Asscociation Day, Castle Combe 24th October

Dear All,

My father suffered a stroke 5 weeks ago, so when my team were asked if we would support this event it was something close to my heart.

I have copied below the team announcement written by our Business Development Director and hope some of you will come and support the day.

Kind regards,

Robin

Clear your diary for Saturday 24th October!

At Team GCR we are all delighted and humbled to be invited by The Stroke Association to take part in what represents the largest event of its type in the UK. On Saturday 24th October we will line up our superlative Ginetta G50 with Tom Dunstan at the wheel on the fantastic Castle Combe circuit in Wiltshire. At precisely this point, you will be strapped very snugly in the passenger seat of this extraordinary no-frills FIA GT race car, and you will be racing around the circuit for the absolute ride of your life, at real pace, for at least three flying laps, by a driver that will simply knock your socks off. You will be surrounded by other race cars all keen to prove their worth, and this represents an unparalleled opportunity to enjoy life in 'the office' of a professional racing driver. I hope you've got a flavour of the day! Mind you, it will be cash up front - have your tenners ready. This will be an exceedingly rare opportunity, and we are doing this for a charity very dear to our hearts.

Not convinced? Well, let me tell you that we will headline this event alongside Anthony Reid, British Touring Car Champion. I'm sure we'll want folks in our Ginetta G50 to experience the challenge of going head-to-head with him. And if that wasn't enough, there's racing alongside Viper GT3 cars, a plethora of Radicals, super exotica from the likes of Ferrari (including an incredibly rare 250 GT Lusso which you can go in!) and, to be honest, the list just extends and extends. There's action off the track too, so there's plenty to keep you occupied throughout the day.

This is the largest regional fundraising event in the UK. The Stroke Association work hard to make this special, and that is why we are thrilled to join them on this top-billing event. You won't get another chance to get this close to racing action so all of us at Team GCR look forward to seeing you and your guests on the day. Come and find us, say hello, meet Tom and the team, and get ready for the ride of your life.

This is a flyer produced a little while ago to give a bit more info on the day

Castle Combe Circuit - Contact - How to find us

The Stroke Association - Castle Combe 2009
Old 21 October 2009, 09:26 AM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

btt the top as this event is this weekend!

Here is a list of the star drivers including our driver Tom

The Stroke Association - Star Drivers

and the cars attending

The Stroke Association - Confirmed Cars