Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Pikies

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2009, 01:49 PM
g7prs
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pikies

Walking down my local high street i was stopped by an irish fellow and asked if i would like to buy a flat screen tv from the back of his transit.

I politely refused but i am now wondering if i missed out on a good deal .
Old 30 September 2009, 01:56 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 30 September 2009, 01:59 PM
SetoN
Scooby Regular

Did it come with a dog thrown in as well?
Old 30 September 2009, 02:02 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SetoN
Did it come with a dog thrown in as well?
surely you mean "DAG"
Old 30 September 2009, 02:11 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by g7prs
Walking down my local high street i was stopped by an irish fellow and asked if i would like to buy a flat screen tv from the back of his transit.

I politely refused but i am now wondering if i missed out on a good deal .
Don't be daft. You should have got his number plate and reported him to the Cop shop IMO!!
I bloody hate pikies
Robbin' bas**rds the lot of them. So many of them getting benefits, not paying car/van tax insurance etc etc.
And where do you think he got that TV???? could have just robbed your parents/mate's house for all you know. As long as people like you refuse to buy from these people then theres no market for them and they might have to get a proper job like the rest of us!
Old 30 September 2009, 02:20 PM
g7prs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GMballistic
Don't be daft. You should have got his number plate and reported him to the Cop shop IMO!!
I bloody hate pikies
Robbin' bas**rds the lot of them. So many of them getting benefits, not paying car/van tax insurance etc etc.
And where do you think he got that TV???? could have just robbed your parents/mate's house for all you know. As long as people like you refuse to buy from these people then theres no market for them and they might have to get a proper job like the rest of us!

Chill out mate, i am not totally stupid my comment was made sarcasticly.

It just so happened that the local plod were standing round the corner ( that was a bloody miracle as i rarely ever see them in my village).

By the time i left the shops they had them boxed in and were having a look in the back of the van.

A few years back a bloke i know from the pub bought a widescreen tv from the same type and ended up with an empty tv shell that had some bricks in it to give it some weight.
Old 30 September 2009, 02:20 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Pikeys have moved on from the battered ford transit van , now they have 58 reg mercedes spinter vans. They tried it on with a bloke I used to work with, they turned up offering to tarmac his drive which he politely declined. They then waited until he went to work then came back and tarmacked his drive anyway, demanding the money off his pregnant wife

They also left my old man stranded after drilling his fuel tank
Old 30 September 2009, 02:29 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, brand new shiney vans. I live out in the countryside and I've had them stop a good few times asking if I wanted pressure washers etc. Some of their stuff isn't too bad, but I usually just tell them I've already got whatever it is they're selling.
Old 30 September 2009, 02:42 PM
yoza
BANNED

Nowt wrong with Gypsies, not all of them anyway.
Old 30 September 2009, 03:05 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigsinky
surely you mean "DAG"

Dirty ****** robbed my in-laws house when they were on holiday's
They were seen, but not caught unfortunately.
Apparently they even has the bare faced cheek to reverse the van up the drive
Alas cops didn't arrive quickly enough and stolen number plates on van
Old 30 September 2009, 03:12 PM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by yoza
Nowt wrong with Gypsies, not all of them anyway.
true.................as long as they don't park anywhere near my area and don't talk to me or try to sell me something or leave their piky caravans or get born or..................well, you know
Old 30 September 2009, 03:51 PM
scoobeenut
Scooby Regular

Pikies tarmac'd my neighbours drive a few years back. He had asked for the black tarmac with the white gravel chips in it, they obviously didn't have these so smashed up a few packs of Polo's instead and just rolled these in
Old 30 September 2009, 03:59 PM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Pikeys have moved on from the battered ford transit van , now they have 58 reg mercedes spinter vans. They tried it on with a bloke I used to work with, they turned up offering to tarmac his drive which he politely declined. They then waited until he went to work then came back and tarmacked his drive anyway, demanding the money off his pregnant wife

They also left my old man stranded after drilling his fuel tank

they have even moved on from that. a pikey who comes in my pub is riding around in a 59 plate merc. which on price is over 50k and this guy owns this car! its mad. i want his job! cos it sure pays good money!

Old 30 September 2009, 04:17 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

You might have got a good deal, but if you buy of them then when your house gets robbed you cant complain.
Its a supply and demand thing, If we dont buy of them they wont steal so much. Only so much stock you can fit in a caravan!!!
Old 30 September 2009, 04:22 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban

Dirty ****** robbed my in-laws house when they were on holiday's
They were seen, but not caught unfortunately.
Apparently they even has the bare faced cheek to reverse the van up the drive
Alas cops didn't arrive quickly enough and stolen number plates on van
typical psni/gardai. pack of useless cvnts
Old 30 September 2009, 04:29 PM
Foofighter
Scooby Regular

The thieving f*cking w*nkers burgled my house about 10 yrs ago,nicked tv,video, cd's etc.They jimmy'd my kitchen window open one night when i was staying round my then girlfriends.The police were next to useless, (Sorry Tissy if you read this),they knew it was them but nothing was done about it.I think they are too scared of them.So i will always hate the f*ucking lot of them
Old 30 September 2009, 05:16 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

robbing cvnts conned an elderly chap we knew out of his life savings, police knew who it was ( a gang known to them) but just did not have enough evidence - Pikie scum.

The old boy then lost all his self confidence moved into a sheltered accoms, heartbroken and died a few months later - those pikies have a lot to answer for and i would pour petrol on one if i saw one on fire!

Not met or heard of a decent straight one, never, ever only bad things about bad people who live outside of our laws!

Last edited by The Zohan; 30 September 2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 30 September 2009, 06:30 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

parasites
Old 30 September 2009, 06:51 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

theres only one good type of pikey and that a ...........
Old 30 September 2009, 07:00 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bootsy
theres only one good type of pikey and that a ...........
....dead one.
Old 30 September 2009, 07:42 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Get a lot of large containers, I'm thinking the largest metal shipping containers here have a hole or two in the top, Put signs up saying "Free money inside!" Lure the pikey types inside (doesn't matter if chavs go in either), shut the doors once they are in there. Drop in Zyklon B, block up the hole and I think that's job done.

I detest the scum and wish nothing but terrible things on them.
Old 30 September 2009, 08:15 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Back when i worked in RicherSounds a bunch of pikies found an old 42" plasma we put in the skip, brought it into the shop and told us they'd bought it ages ago from us and that it was faulty and we had to fix it or give them a new one! err do you have a receipt? nope! Is that the TV we just threw out a couple of hours ago? yep! Fack aff!
Old 30 September 2009, 08:51 PM
yoza
BANNED

I actually see the word Pikie as a derogatory racist word, and it should have no place on a public forum, but thats just me.

The people who run this site obviously dont agree.

Many people on here like to steriotype all Gypsies/travellers with the same brush....thieves, dodgy roofers/housebreakers/tarmacers/car thieves, heather pedallers, untrustworthy, etc, well believe me all of them are not, and most are far from it.

I too have been burgled, stolen from, attacked, shot at, beaten, car damaged, property damaged...but never by a Gypsy.

I have been gasses by a gypsy though, not nice.

Nearly all the gypsies Ive had any dealings with have been straight, honest, hard working, accomodating, trustworthy people.

With strong family values, they stick together, standing for each other and work well as a team, they all muck in when one of their own needs help and thats how it should be.

Ive said it before but I will say it again, you will never find a Gypsie putting their elderly parents in a home to rot, they look after them until they die.

If they have a dispute, they sort it out, they fight amongs themselves, yet drink/work together straight after the event.

They are hard a ****, and take no ****....

They are my kind of people.

I firmly believe that when one of these gypsie hatred threads arise, half the people who post their horror stories have never met a true gypsie......

I fully understand that if you have been crossed by a "gypsie" then you will have a gripe, but I believe half the time its not a Gypsie at all.

Its like hating everybody who is Welsh, because they talk Welsh and the guy who broke your nose or stole your dustcaps spoke Welsh......for some posters its a blinkered/racist outlook on life, and the only loser is you.
Old 30 September 2009, 09:13 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

I'd disagree completely with you Yoza, i think they are complete scumbags and have yet to meet a decent one.
Old 30 September 2009, 09:24 PM
widdows
Scooby Regular

illegally living in caravans on industrial estates all over the uk, have you seen the **** they leave behind when they move on? absolute animals
Old 30 September 2009, 09:27 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

quality example of a honest gypo .
a few years ago viz the magazine did a bit called TGB.s short for thieving gypsie bstards the head of the romany gypsie community took offence to this and took viz to court , had his day and won the case and viz had to pay damages .... however they had a field day a few weeks later when he appeared in court and was charged with recieving stolen generators ...
Old 30 September 2009, 09:28 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Yoza,
You'll note that I mention pikey and NOT Gypsy. If we're talking true romany gypsy types then they usually are decent folk. It is true that people do confuse the two and if you say gypsy to most they'll think of the typical thieving pikey.

I do recall a group of Gypsy's setting up in a disused farm near us and they were rather pleasant, had no problems from them. On the flip side, a few miles across from them were a group of your normal thieving-tarmac laying pikey types who did cause trouble, and lived up to their stereotypical reputations.
Old 30 September 2009, 09:42 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Old 30 September 2009, 10:08 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by yoza

They are my kind of people.
Yoza in "I'm a pikey" shocker

So youre from Liverpool you say.....?
Old 30 September 2009, 10:39 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

There are different groups, trouble is the theiving scumbag, none tax paying ones ruin it for the rest, if you have a field are you going to be optimistic and leave it open hoping some of the nice type arrive or are you going to be worried the ones that nick stuff, leave a mess and then f*ck off appear, the problem is, we dont trust people who move about as they dont have to work at getting along and dont have to answer to local opinion, I personally have not had a problem but I sure as hell would be enthusiastic about 15 caravans and other vehicles appearing next to my house, paying no rent, churning the field up at the very least.

There are reasons for the prejudice, if they turned up and came round doing odd jobs at a good price to a good standard and left a given site better than it was when they got there would anyone object ?

Its a shame for those that have self respect, a work ethic and principles when it comes to other peoples stuff, like the one Yoza has dealt with but thats the way it is, some of the prejudice is possibly just recreational racism, easy target, they arent brown or anything and "Pikey" is a great word, since its popularisation in Lock Stock and two Smoking barrels, people seem to like saying it.

I dont know if we have any proper Romany people these days, wtf are the rest and who said that if they are Romanies they are immune to criminal acts, it only means Gypsy, I suspect its more complex than Romany=good and all other travelling people=bad.

Quick Reply: Pikies