Gordon Brown's conference speech

Search this Thread

Old 29 September 2009, 10:51 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gordon Brown's conference speech

What did you think?

The hilarious bit was when he was ejaculating to a crescendo of applause as he listed Labours biggest achievements eg

1) Record school results......ie exams dumbed down

2) Cancellation of debt...... I presume he means third world debt? Very noble and charitable!

3) Record child benefit.....ok, encouraging people to have children by paying them money

No mention of wars on two fronts with hundreds of our soldiers dead, record national debt, complete loss of control on immigration that has let the BNP win seats on councils.

I wish this ****** would take his moral compass and shove it up right of his gary glitter!

Last edited by Deep Singh; 29 September 2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 29 September 2009, 10:58 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Deep Singh
What did you think?

The hilarious bit was when he was ejaculating to a crescendo of applause as he listed Labours biggest achievements eg

1) Record school results......ie exams dumbed down

2) Cancellation of debt...... I presume he means third world debt? Very noble and charitable!

3) Record child benefit.....ok, encouraging people to have children by paying them money

No mention of wars on two fronts with hundreds of our soldiers dead, record national debt, complete loss of control on immigration that has let the BNP win seats on councils.

I wish this ****** would take his moral compass and shove it up right of his gary glitter!
Did he only mention those 3 things then?

Last edited by Martin2005; 29 September 2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 29 September 2009, 11:03 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing i took interest in was that Eddie Izzard was there. He's a very funny chap!
Old 29 September 2009, 11:10 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
of course, Is there anything else he could mention then? I bet he was scrapping the barrell to even come up with those three TBH

The man is a horses **** TBH
Old 29 September 2009, 11:19 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
of course, Is there anything else he could mention then? I bet he was scrapping the barrell to even come up with those three TBH

The man is a horses **** TBH
There is little point debating politics with you then.

Politics reduced to dumb insults, well we get the politicians we deserve i suppose
Old 29 September 2009, 11:20 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

The man is an unelected one eyed horses **** TBH
EFA
Old 29 September 2009, 11:25 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

There is little point debating politics with you then.
No your right, I would shoot every last ****ing one of the ****s if i got away with it

Are you a politician ?
Old 29 September 2009, 11:28 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The man is truly deluded
Old 29 September 2009, 11:29 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
The man is truly deluded
Who Martin? or Gordon?

Old 29 September 2009, 11:30 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Who Martin? or Gordon?

Both
Old 29 September 2009, 11:34 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Sorry, couldn't remember all of them. Here are some more.

4) Banning of cluster bombs

5) Disability discrimination act

6) Lowest waiting lists (see ITV tommorrow 8pm 'dying to be treated' to see what price some people have paid for this)

12 years and billlllllllioooooons of £ well spent!

If all the above wasn't enough future plans are:

1) Tackle anti social behavior......er, weren't they meant to have done that years ago?

2) Not have I'd cards.....told you so

3) Not allow bankers to ever cripple the economy again. Yes, but you let them do it once on your watch
Old 30 September 2009, 08:06 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Ironically the rest of the country would probably have given him a standing ovation if his speech consisted of just one word:

"Bye"
Old 30 September 2009, 08:18 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Maybe Martin could list all the really usefull positive elements of his speech

,for us that find it all just a bit less intresting then watching paint dry
Old 30 September 2009, 08:31 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Politics reduced to dumb insults
That is British politics

"Then we come to Winston Churchill, who seems to have spent every spare waking moment being rude to somebody. (“Winston,” said the Conservative statesman F.E. Smith, “had devoted the best years of his life to preparing his impromptu speeches”.) Clement Attlee, the man who interrupted his reign as Prime Minister, probably got it worse than most. “A sheep in sheep's clothing,” Churchill said of him. And also, “A modest man with much to be modest about.”

Now that's an insult! Top 10 political put-downs - Times Online

Welcome to Britain Martin - presume you are some sort of immigrant
Old 30 September 2009, 09:23 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

The thing is though, if we are so sure that Labour are for the chop - and its highly unlikely they will replace GB before the election - are the Conservatives really going to save us?

Are they ****! Every time they miss a target or a high profile death of a baby/child/OAP that could be attributed to the government services, they will just blame the sh1tty hand they were dealt from Labour.

Panorama was quite interesting. Our debt rises by £5K a second and won't stop rising for another two years. 1.4 trillion.

I feel most sorry for my daughter. I can't afford private education so she has to go to state - sadly right at the point where are country is broke and can't afford to keep the schools, hospitals, police running properly. Even now, most people I talk to are actually more afraid of going to the local hospital than actually the cause that will send them there.
Old 30 September 2009, 09:58 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Guys I would suggest that you all emigrate because you are in for a massive dissappointment as you are all appear to experiencing the collective dillusion that everything will be better when we change government. Let me let you in to a little secret.....IT WONT
Old 30 September 2009, 10:34 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Such speeches always amuse me, in front of a crowd of people who have either taken time off work to be there, or are involved with the Labour party (or the other parties at their own conferences)
Success in a speech, make it in front of your home crowd!

Also makes me gag them having their wives introduce them... "I remember the first time I saw Gordon............" Yeah so do we luv !
Old 30 September 2009, 10:36 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

It's gunna get a whole lot tougher to live in this country...I 2nd the migration suggestion.

reducing/scraping childcare benefits was another, it costs us over £600 a month on nursery fee's... the token system was a small but welcome benefit....
Old 30 September 2009, 10:42 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Guys I would suggest that you all emigrate because you are in for a massive dissappointment as you are all appear to experiencing the collective dillusion that everything will be better when we change government. Let me let you in to a little secret.....IT WONT
I actually agree with you on that point Martin

Labour has made such a f,ing ar$e of this place it`s going to take year`s if not decade`s to sort
Old 30 September 2009, 10:43 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Agreed - that spineless tw@t hasn't the stomach for the changes required.

Like sacking half of the civil servants for a start.

Then removing all the free loaders in the NHS, Education etc.

Closing the borders and blocking up the channel tunnel.

Old 30 September 2009, 10:46 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I agree too, but taking a different angle on it.
Things wont get any better, agreed, not a lot anyway.

But the point it proves is, Labour really aint any different to the rest. So all the claims that GB made at his conference would be almost identical if the Tories were in power.

We dont need political parties, we just need a bunch of people with half a frickin clue of what they are talking about.
Old 30 September 2009, 11:08 AM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Glad to see Martin 2005 finally admitting that Labour have fekked us all, even if he admitted it in a bit of a roundabout way

What this country badly needs is someone, or some party that will put the COUNTRY's needs first. NOT those of their supporters' pockets. Not their own pockets. NOT their political dogma. NOT the minorities, who have had a bl**dy good run under Labour. We need someone who will look after the Majority, the taxpayers, the workers, and their families, FIRST.

But as we all know, it ain't gonna happen. THOSE people will be continue to be fleeeced under Labour, and the same under the Tories.

UKIP would LIKE us to think that THEY are that party: I would recommend anyone in danger of falling for that piece of hogwash to remember tgheir promises on being elected to the European Parliament, (we will work tirelessly to bring it down, to undermine, to bring it to justice, etc), all of which were quietly forgotten just as soom as their MEPs got their noses into the EC trough

And if you think Labour are for the poor and the Tories for the rich, don't anyone forget that the gap between the rich and the poor in the UK has grown faster under Labour than under any other party, ever, (source: government's own figures)
Old 30 September 2009, 01:06 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

In all honesty no one can say that it will be better Martin. What we do have to look at is that this present bunch of self seeking loons have engineered the destruction of all that this proud country once stood for and have brought us to the brink of bankruptcy. And all for their own convenience when they have thrown us to the Eu wolves.

I happen to be very proud of being British and all that this country stood for in the past, and am not frightened to shout about that despite the attitude of NL to any form of patriotism.

In the first place the next government will be very hard pressed to reverse our fortunes as always seems to be the case after a Labour government. The next point is that whatever they do-they can't be any worse than what we have seen for the last 12 years or so. From what I have seen so far, I prefer to put my trust in a different administration to our present one.

Les
Old 30 September 2009, 01:14 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

No your right, I would shoot every last ****ing one of the ****s if i got away with it

Are you a politician ?

I'm not, but your right about the scrapping thing. At least they extended that for a while.
Old 30 September 2009, 01:18 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

I actually agree with you on that point Martin

Labour has made such a f,ing ar$e of this place it`s going to take year`s if not decade`s to sort
Hopefully the Tory's have got some policy's up their sleeve's, as we havn't heard much from them yet about how they'll address the problem's there likely to encounter.
Old 30 September 2009, 01:33 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Hopefully the Tory's have got some policy's up their sleeve's, as we havn't heard much from them yet about how they'll address the problem's there likely to encounter.
They are going to need fooking long sleeve`s for a start!
Old 30 September 2009, 01:37 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
In all honesty no one can say that it will be better Martin. What we do have to look at is that this present bunch of self seeking loons have engineered the destruction of all that this proud country once stood for and have brought us to the brink of bankruptcy. And all for their own convenience when they have thrown us to the Eu wolves.

I happen to be very proud of being British and all that this country stood for in the past, and am not frightened to shout about that despite the attitude of NL to any form of patriotism.

In the first place the next government will be very hard pressed to reverse our fortunes as always seems to be the case after a Labour government. The next point is that whatever they do-they can't be any worse than what we have seen for the last 12 years or so. From what I have seen so far, I prefer to put my trust in a different administration to our present one.

Les

Les once more you allow your dislike of NL to cloud your opinions on everything. It's quite bizzare going on and on about how bad this government are and claiming how the Tory's are going to be a whole load better. They are almost DMA identical to one another in policy terms, or haven't you noticed that?

What exactly do you mean by 'engineeered the destruction of all this proud country once stood for'...do you even know, or this just a rant?
I'd love to know what you think would be different had the Tories been in power over the past 12 years, (btw didn't you notice that Her Majesty's Official Opposition have been utterly rejected at the past 3 elections)?

I too would prefer a different administration btw, it's definitely time for a fresh government, I hope they get the time and space to get things done before people start blaming them for everything, whoever it is they'll certainly get my support.
Old 30 September 2009, 01:44 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

whoever it is they'll certainly get my support.
A bit like The Sun then, lol

Come on the winners!

Quick Reply: Gordon Brown's conference speech