Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

why am i always skint

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2009, 05:05 PM
scoobyboi09
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why am i always skint

Really wish i could afford another scooby workover 50 hours a week and only take home 1400 a month after tax got rent and family to pay for, see people take home less then me and have nice things. Cant even get a bloody loan..

So depressing..
Old 28 September 2009, 05:12 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

you have a wife, kids and house to keep mate. what did you expect. £500 a month disposable income. it doesnt work that way. you make life choices and that dictates what you have or have not. does your other half work? if not then i salute you on £1400 a month that must take some juggling.
Old 28 September 2009, 05:12 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

**** me, 50 hours a week for that much? What do you do?

Time to look for another job!

Geezer
Old 28 September 2009, 05:23 PM
scoobyboi09
Scooby Regular

work on the railway as maintanice, not always 50 hours but averges out at that. Would love another job but dnt no were to look.
Old 28 September 2009, 05:39 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

you need another income..yours is just paying your bills
Old 28 September 2009, 05:51 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboi09
Really wish i could afford another scooby workover 50 hours a week and only take home 1400 a month after tax got rent and family to pay for, see people take home less then me and have nice things. Cant even get a bloody loan..

So depressing..
Hello mate, I know where you are coming from, but, trust me, your wife and kids are worth FAR more than ANY car, EVER!

Make the best of what you have.
Old 28 September 2009, 05:59 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Compared to me he's wealthy !

LOL

dunx
Old 28 September 2009, 06:06 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

^^^^^^but you spent all your money on your car ya halfwit
Old 28 September 2009, 06:07 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

one of my mates has a joint income of 700 aweek going in his house with a small morgage and is always skint
Old 28 September 2009, 06:18 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

You're always skint because you don't earn much and have a family.

....and if you don't know where to look for another job, then maybe you are at the top of your game
Old 28 September 2009, 06:42 PM
scoobyboi09
Scooby Regular

everyone makes a bit extra here and there anyone have any ideas? NO drug jokes or owt please... Gets me down because i work and would like to have one thing for myself..
Old 28 September 2009, 06:49 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

does your wife work ,if not ask her to get a part time job working just 20 hours a week tax credits will also help with child care if you need it .
then her wage buys the food shopping every week
Old 28 September 2009, 06:52 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take home more than double that, no mortgage and am still overdrawn at the moment, you spend what you have, three kids, bills, shopping, fuel, kids activities etc etc, no holiday this year and am not extravagant, I dont know what some people do to manage new cars, two holidays, gadgets etc etc !
Old 28 September 2009, 06:53 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Buy a canoe, take out life insurance, find somewhere to hide

PROFIT!!!
Old 28 September 2009, 06:57 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

i know where you car coming from, i have abit less than you coming in, and the ther half works p/t as well.

by the end of the month there is nothing left after bills, food etc have all been paid.

if it wasnt for fight club i would of been on happy pills by now lol
Old 28 September 2009, 07:14 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

You dont mention how old you are, not that it makes a huge difference, but I earn decent money now, but didnt get much more than min. wage up until I was in my late twenties - before that all my wages went on rent and living, couldnt afford to run a car, have holidays etc... as there was nothing left after basic living expenses ( rent, food and household bills ).

The main reason I earn decent money now is that I didnt just sit in the same dead end job, I got off my backside and went to Uni for 4 years - meaning I was even more skint while I was there and by the time I left, which changed my prospects.

I realise having a family its harder, but you dont have a mortgage, so are in an ideal position to jack in your job and get funding to re-train as something with more prospects.

The problem you have is that your job is basically an unskilled one that anyone could do, so you're never going to get paid more for doing the same thing as you dont have any extra value as an employee that makes you worth more.

Harsh as it sounds, until YOU make a change, your situation will always be the same, nobody is going to wave a magic wand and suddenly triple your income for doing the same thing.

My first port of call would be the local job centre and ask them what courses are available, and what funding you could get to do one. Dont bother with short pointless ones, if you want to make a significant change to your position you need to be looking at 2 years full time with at least an HND or equivalent at the end of it.
Old 28 September 2009, 07:16 PM
ronjeramy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DaOne

if it wasnt for fight club i would of been on happy pills by now lol
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club.
Old 28 September 2009, 07:24 PM
scoobyboi09
Scooby Regular

Well im 22 and work for network rail on the mintance side of things. I am only a level 1 there is a chance to get promoted to level 2 but it seems hard work is made even harder with everyone trying to **** you over all the time and thats the side that makes my job even worse. My gf is on maternity pay at the mo but is going back in jan to 16 hours a week but dnt know if that will help us or not.. Any one on here wanna offer me a job in the midlands?
Old 28 September 2009, 07:26 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboi09

So depressing..
You have a job which is more than a lot of others can say at the moment. I presume your kids are healthy and your wife loves you? If so, you have a lot to be thankful for.

I won't natter on as it annoys some intolerant ones on here, but after the year from hell, I'm happy to be on £500 a month apprenticeship wages. You don't need a fast Scoob (or loads-a-moneh) to live a happy life - although some shallow may dictate otherwise

If you're over 25 look into working tax credits, I've just hit 25 and may be entitled to over £50 a week as I earn jack schitt and the Mrs is on min wage too.
Old 28 September 2009, 07:38 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Your clearly one of the intelligent ones - if youd obeyed Tb liar and his even less auspicious fill-in you would have taken out loans to the size next years wage rise times 100 and even now have that X5 on the driveway for which to impress the neighbours on your half mile trips to school and the supermarket

Your not of course supporting ***-clowns final view on how we'are all going to be millionaires just from borrowing from our great grandchildren

- but when the ****e hits the fan you and your children will be alive and well and you can hold your head up high
Old 28 September 2009, 07:43 PM
Big Pete
Scooby Regular

I'd love more money to use as I pleezed but Mrs Big Pete & Frankie come first. Love 'em to bits and spend all my spare money on them
Old 28 September 2009, 08:09 PM
yoza
BANNED

If you dont mind doing the time, get a second income, Ive found that nobody will give me money for nothing, so I do something to obtain it.

Ive been skint, Ive had nothing, now its different....its a great leveller for when you do have something, always remember who you are, those who have never been there would scoff at this post, because they dont understand.

No money buys health and happyness, you have health a GF and child, they are priceless.

I know guys who are loaded and want for nothing material wise, they buy what they want, and do what they want, they have different birds on the go and when your looking at their lives you think, **** me the lucky b4stards.

But they cant hold down a relationship, they skip from one beautiful young slapper, to another beautiful young slapper.

They have no children, and they are entering their 40's if they were totally honest, which some of them are, they tell you deep down that they are infact lonely.

You are infact quite well off............just depends how you look at it.

Last edited by yoza; 28 September 2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 28 September 2009, 08:20 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

as people have said - priorities

£1400 not a bad wage at 22 imo and wife/kids too
Old 28 September 2009, 08:21 PM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

Its all about balance though......I've been both sides of the fence financially speaking and I spent alot of years in the early days trying to make ends meet and its very unpleasant.

I can see how having loads of money and being lonely with no friends/family may be a ****e experience but there is no reason why the 2 have to be mutually exclusive

Best to try and get a nice balance imo!!!
Old 28 September 2009, 08:36 PM
scoobyboi09
Scooby Regular

Yeah thats what im doing trying to be more blanced like we dont go without the essentails which is the main thing. Would just like to find a medium and be able to afford something for me, i wouldnt mind a second job like a bar job but its hard with my hours at work because i work diffrent shifts patters.

I was thinking about saving up and doing a HGV course and try and do that as a job, i would prefer doing that because it means working on my own and get to be in charge and have some responsiblity what i have always wanted. I know other people who sell dodgey tv's, laptops etc but no me, wouldnt mind doing it to earn a bit..
Old 28 September 2009, 08:52 PM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zs_phil
does your wife work ,if not ask her to get a part time job working just 20 hours a week tax credits will also help with child care if you need it .
then her wage buys the food shopping every week
LOL. Tax credits. I thought the same when I sent doris back to work. Childcare = £80-90 a week. Tax credits pay £8 a week.
Old 28 September 2009, 09:45 PM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

Your 22 and married with kids. You have a job and yearn to make more of yourself. Be proud lad, be proud.
Plenty of 22 year olds these days are pissing their lives away on the dole while running from birds they have got up the duff and still think the world owes them a living.
Old 28 September 2009, 09:49 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Sell your children, there is always someone around to buy them!

YouTube - blues brothers - sell me your children

Old 28 September 2009, 10:01 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

A mate of mine left college as he hated it. He then got an apprenticeship as a bt engineer. obviously apprenticeship money isnt great but its decent compared so some, and you get a work van so it would reduce the cost of running a car i guess... any way he started that when he was just about ot turn 18. he is now 20 and he is taking a new role within bt, but is going on to £25k year (after 4 months of training paid at his standard BT waige). Now at aged 20, 25 thousand pounds a year is a huge amount of money, Well, 25 grand after an apprenticeship and a years work as a qualified engineer aint bad going.

MMaybe you could look into the following?
Old 28 September 2009, 11:03 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

do what i did, i couldn't afford to run a Scoob so i bought an Alfa instead as the running costs would be cheaper..................didn't really work out well thou

Quick Reply: why am i always skint