Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

MP expenses leak - the reason why.

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2009, 08:59 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face MP expenses leak - the reason why.

MPs' Expenses 'Leaked Over Army Kit Anger' - Yahoo! News UK

Seems feasable and shows how much the MP's from all sides who fiddled them care about our armed forces.
Old 25 September 2009, 09:08 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Top military commander and Afghan critic quits - Yahoo! News UK

oh and another high ranking Army officer goes over issues with the govenrment - equipment was one of his gripes as well.

Mackay had, in the past, expressed frustration at the lack of policy in the conflict and a failure to try to win over the local Afghan population in the south of the country where troops were fighting, the Independent said on Friday.

He had sent a memo to London listing serious problems with troops' equipment, newspapers said.
Old 25 September 2009, 09:30 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

i think i compared the absurdity of a squadie having to spend his own money to supplement some "essential" kit to the self serving greediness of MP's claiming for duck ponds in an earlier post on the subject

during the furore I wanted an interviewer to ask an MP what they would say to a mother who had lost a son due to not having flack jackets (or a decent vehicle) -- exactly how would they justify (rules or not) a tenth of what they claimed for

so I am not surprised this was the catalyst
Old 25 September 2009, 10:17 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Gorgon Brown as said he can't understand the reasoning behind the whistle blowers motives

How many MP's have children in or joining the Military? I am thinking a big fat ZERO!

BBC NEWS | UK | Wales | Call to cut troops' council tax

Another example of "one rule for them and another rule for us!"
Old 25 September 2009, 04:29 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon
How many MP's have children in or joining the Military? I am thinking a big fat ZERO!
But the Royal Family have

Oh no.......forgot: they are just playing at it, and one of 'em was too scared to go so excuses were made
Old 25 September 2009, 04:31 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Since the whole sorry business of the obscene expenses claims basically amounted to MP's writing and voting for their own rules so that they could effectively steal public money in order to feather their own nests, it is hardly surprising that it was deliberately leaked. I must say that if I had been in the civilian's position I would have found it very difficult to resist carrying out his actions.

This was a shameful affair, supported by the Speaker and Parliament will never be able to live it down. They have completely lost the trust of the electorate for a very long time to come.

Les
Old 25 September 2009, 08:46 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Since the whole sorry business of the obscene expenses claims basically amounted to MP's writing and voting for their own rules so that they could effectively steal public money in order to feather their own nests, it is hardly surprising that it was deliberately leaked. I must say that if I had been in the civilian's position I would have found it very difficult to resist carrying out his actions.

This was a shameful affair, supported by the Speaker and Parliament will never be able to live it down. They have completely lost the trust of the electorate for a very long time to come.

Les
Well said