Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

paypal charge back??

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2009, 08:14 PM
subaru-impreza-2000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paypal charge back??

Hi guys, basicly i sold an item on ebay and he wanted it shipping to france, it has been about a week and the guy is claiming that he has not recivied the item yet, and he has opened a paypal claim, i have proof of postage and im just really confused on what to do?

i dont think the item was recorded, it was international parcels or somthing, and cost over 30quid to send

anyone been in the same situation, do i go back to the post office and try sort it out?

any help would be great.

Thanks.
Old 11 September 2009, 08:37 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

[quote=subaru-impreza-2000;8936062]do i go back to the post officequote]

Hay you a receipt from the postoffice?

How did you pay at the postoffice? If by Card you ought to have something on you statement (online or hard copy) that can track the actual parcel transaction time at the postoffice, from this they may be able to re-issue you with a new receipt depending on how freindly they are.

Use the receipt to track down the whereabouts of the parcel.

Did you put a return address on the parcel? If delivery failed it can takr upto 4 weeks to get the item back to you as they dont rush.

As for paypal, I always buy and use this as my payment type, however it is very poor when it comes down to assistance as the buyer is always in the Right!!! the Seller is always deemed as the Con man.

Ebay feedback may be an indication, I would look at this anyway, Has the buyerany feedback and what is it like?? Use a translation if his FB is all Greek. If hes full of Negative feedback, or has little feedback, or non at all this is your problem. Is your feedback good? Try using Ebay to help you if he looks suspicious, they are better then paypal when you ar a seller.

Rob
Old 11 September 2009, 09:58 PM
subaru-impreza-2000
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=UK300 PRODRIVE;8936129]
Originally Posted by subaru-impreza-2000
do i go back to the post officequote]

Hay you a receipt from the postoffice?

How did you pay at the postoffice? If by Card you ought to have something on you statement (online or hard copy) that can track the actual parcel transaction time at the postoffice, from this they may be able to re-issue you with a new receipt depending on how freindly they are.

Use the receipt to track down the whereabouts of the parcel.

Did you put a return address on the parcel? If delivery failed it can takr upto 4 weeks to get the item back to you as they dont rush.

As for paypal, I always buy and use this as my payment type, however it is very poor when it comes down to assistance as the buyer is always in the Right!!! the Seller is always deemed as the Con man.

Ebay feedback may be an indication, I would look at this anyway, Has the buyerany feedback and what is it like?? Use a translation if his FB is all Greek. If hes full of Negative feedback, or has little feedback, or non at all this is your problem. Is your feedback good? Try using Ebay to help you if he looks suspicious, they are better then paypal when you ar a seller.

Rob
Hi Rob, yeah i have the receipt from the postoffice and i paid cash.
yeah i put a return address on, i will go down to the post office on Monday and see what happening.

i do agree that paypal allways tend to take the buyers side..

i told the buyer to just wait, as its going to france and it may take a while, but hes rushing everything.

He has very good feedback too, with nearly 400 pos.
Old 11 September 2009, 10:38 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

[quote=subaru-impreza-2000;8936378]
Originally Posted by UK300 PRODRIVE

Hi Rob, yeah i have the receipt from the postoffice and i paid cash.
yeah i put a return address on, i will go down to the post office on Monday and see what happening.

i do agree that paypal allways tend to take the buyers side..

i told the buyer to just wait, as its going to france and it may take a while, but hes rushing everything.

He has very good feedback too, with nearly 400 pos.
cant help with the paypal side apart from they are *******, as for going to the post office, they wont help you they just stamp giro's, you need to ring the royal mail premium line to speak to somebody who isn't bothered, weather you posted your item by recorded signed for or not it is only tracked while its in our country, i once sent a item to brazil and it went via australia and had to wait there for a postal flight to brazil, it took about 6 weeks for it to get there in the end , the guy in brazil was suprisingly very cool about it.
Old 11 September 2009, 10:45 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

TBH,it should of got there by now, i had something sent from greec in 3 days so to france 7 days it should be at his door.

if it was unrecorded and something of some value to some1,maybe the french postie took it home etc
Old 11 September 2009, 11:02 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

International parcels cannot be tracked in a way which satisfied Paypal (robbing *******s)
The end result is usually the buyer being given his money back, and if the item turns up eventually, if genuine will contact you, and if an ****, will just keep that too.

Paypal are useless *****, I know of so many chargebacks that went the wrong way.

Good luck all the same.
Old 12 September 2009, 01:28 AM
hotsam
Scooby Regular

Paypal is horrible, and now that it's tied to your ebay accounts, any trouble with your paypal account will affect your ebay account. If one is locked or suspended, so will the other.
Old 12 September 2009, 03:58 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Always post items signed at t'other end; doesn't need to be recorded delivery. This avoids the scammers who pretend something has not arrived & claim their money back too

TX.
Old 13 September 2009, 09:05 AM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Moral of the story. Dont ship to non UK bidders i think.
Old 13 September 2009, 09:07 AM
Boro
Scooby Regular

https://www.paypal-marketing.co.uk/s...backGuide.aspx
Old 13 September 2009, 10:08 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Paypal ****s the buyer too .. like me with the turbo timer.. sad sender need only provide a delivery number.. regardless of where its sent to.
Old 13 September 2009, 11:48 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

If it went via the Post Office, there's a good chance it's been delayed due to industrial action in the London area.

I sent an ebay parcel a couple of weeks ago 1st class recorded and it took 10 days to get there. Fortunately my buyer was a bit more understanding than yours.
Old 13 September 2009, 01:52 PM
subaru-impreza-2000
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the comments guys, im just really pi*sed off that the guy didnt just wait abit longer, like i said i have proof of postage, will this not satisfy paypal?

I agree, i will never be sending anything out of the UK ever again. nither should anyone on here! Don't want to be in the same boat as me.
Old 13 September 2009, 04:09 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Paypal are a bunch of w$nkers!

I purchased something off ebay, received it but it was broken so the seller said send it back and they will send another (address to post it to was on the original package and matched the sellers address).

I sent the item back via recorded delivery. A few weeks past and i never received another item/refund so I tried contacting seller but got no response. (uk seller & address).

Then logged a claim via paypal and after about another 4-5 weeks they ended up NOT giving me a refund because the seller said the address I sent it back to was not his and was over 2 hours away!!! WTF even though checking the tracking number on the royal mail web site said it was delivered on such and such a date.

Thankfully it was an item under £20 but paypal are a bunch of crooks if you ask me.

Last edited by stiscooby; 13 September 2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 13 September 2009, 04:18 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

i sold an item to a guy in france -- sent me a cheque for 15 euro's, (i did request £'s in the listing) my bank wanted £28 to pay it in - muppets

couldnt really be bothered to chase
Old 13 September 2009, 04:23 PM
Sti-Tom
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this happened to me!! i returned a strut brace as i was mis-sold it on ebay, i paid via paypal and when seller asked me to return it, i did and they say they never got it!!!!!!! and i put a claim in to paypal & as i had proof of postage 2 months later paypal paypal took the sellers side and refused not to pay out W*****s , it was a genuine claim!! and the ebay seller was an idiot, i should of checked there feedback 1st ( yes i know am a fool ) as they done the same to all returns blamed royal mail for losing the item. DONT USE THEM ( youwantwehave there called check out there feedback) and what made it even worse was the time expired for me to leave them negative feedback Anyway after all that i made a claim through royal mail and they refunded me the money back.
Old 13 September 2009, 07:25 PM
Mark'sWRX
Scooby Regular

I'm having arguements with PayPal. I sold an item and the buyer has told PayPal it was not as described. My listing was 100% accurate (I think they didn't read it properly), but PayPal have given the buyer their money back. I'm now out of pocket from the postage (quite a lot). There is no way to dispute PayPal's decision. (I've tried!) Bunch of to$$ers!
Old 14 September 2009, 12:04 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Wait until that tw@t Mandy gets his way, and finally manages tosell the Royal Mail to Paypal, then we'll be properly fcuked