9/11 attacks... 8 years ago today

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2009, 03:16 PM
uk300scoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9/11 attacks... 8 years ago today

YouTube - September 11 2001 Video.

think was just under 3000 people died that day, my thoughts go out to the familys and friends of those inocent people whos lives where taken that day
Old 11 September 2009, 05:18 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I second that.

Can't believe how quickly time has passed since then.

Les
Old 11 September 2009, 05:20 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really don't feel anything for Sept. 11th. If i'm honest.
Old 11 September 2009, 05:27 PM
uk300scoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
well you just have to think of it this way what if it was over here in northern ireland and that was your family or friends in them buildings or even your self being inside there while that was going on, its a life changing experience
Old 11 September 2009, 05:35 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by uk300scoob
well you just have to think of it this way what if it was over here in northern ireland and that was your family or friends in them buildings or even your self being inside there while that was going on, its a life changing experience
I know where you're coming from but I just don't feel pitty or sorrow or any emotion whether it be hatred for those who done it or pain for those who died. I blame America for my lack of care towards it.

Heres a question for you though, How many innocent people have America and UK killed whilst on their Holy War to rid the world of anyone who wont accept that they are the leaders of the world as we know it?

Last edited by Jamz3k; 11 September 2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11 September 2009, 05:37 PM
uk300scoob
Scooby Regular

i understand everyone thinks different of this event, be interesting on hearing everyones thoughts on this, its a day that will be remembered for a long time and never forgotton by many.
Old 11 September 2009, 05:46 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

the tv programme 102 minutes that was on the other day and the phone calls
a truely devastating day and emotional day and i remember it like yesterday ,my daughter was 5 days old and the midwife was due to pop in

to the firemen who ventured up in the towers...... heroes
Old 11 September 2009, 06:37 PM
uk300scoob
Scooby Regular

the movie.. WORLD TRADE CENTER with nicolas cage is a good movie it was on the other night there
Old 11 September 2009, 06:57 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zs_phil
the tv programme 102 minutes that was on the other day and the phone calls
a truely devastating day and emotional day and i remember it like yesterday ,my daughter was 5 days old and the midwife was due to pop in

to the firemen who ventured up in the towers...... heroes
All 343 of them.

THE UNOFFICIAL HOME PAGE OF FDNY New York City Fire Department

FDNY - The Official Fire Department, City of New York, Web Site
Old 11 September 2009, 07:07 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i have sympathy but dont think a yearly memorial should take place,just rewards the group that did it i think,maybe every decade or so

dunno,but keep seeing all the glorified tv shows just makes me feel if whatever group did it they watch it and think,sweet etc
Old 11 September 2009, 08:02 PM
Mifo
Scooby Regular

I have sympathy for all the innocent people killed and their families.

However I dont beleive the "official" story anymore. There are too many things that dont logically add up with the story which was given to us.
Old 11 September 2009, 08:10 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know where you're coming from but I just don't feel pitty or sorrow or any emotion whether it be hatred for those who done it or pain for those who died. I blame America for my lack of care towards it.

Heres a question for you though, How many innocent people have America and UK killed whilst on their Holy War to rid the world of anyone who wont accept that they are the leaders of the world as we know it?
I don't understand that at all. Regardless of whether you like America or not, the people who died that day were not anything to do with the American government. They didn't have any say over anything the US did. They were just ordinary folk trying to make an honest living in a 9-5 job who ended up dying a horrible death. The ones who died when the plane hit would be the lucky ones. Imagine being able to call your relatives and say your goodbyes, knowing that you're going to either burn to death or have to jump.

Iraq was a complete farce. In my opinion 100% effort should have gone into eliminating everything to do with this attack.
Old 11 September 2009, 08:19 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
I don't understand that at all.
Neither do I, its just how i feel. No real explanation at all to it other than i feel nothing over 9/11 as i see as nothing more than an advert for America to wage war against whatever enemy they have armed/trained/helped in the past.
Old 11 September 2009, 08:33 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Neither do I, its just how i feel. No real explanation at all to it other than i feel nothing over 9/11 as i see as nothing more than an advert for America to wage war against whatever enemy they have armed/trained/helped in the past.
Well if you lived in America and your whole family were killed because of this, would you feel something then? Or would you not be bothered because you dislike the way your country does things?
Old 11 September 2009, 08:44 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

I don't understand that at all. Regardless of whether you like America or not, the people who died that day were not anything to do with the American government. They didn't have any say over anything the US did. They were just ordinary folk trying to make an honest living in a 9-5 job who ended up dying a horrible death. The ones who died when the plane hit would be the lucky ones. Imagine being able to call your relatives and say your goodbyes, knowing that you're going to either burn to death or have to jump.

Iraq was a complete farce. In my opinion 100% effort should have gone into eliminating everything to do with this attack.

Indeed. Apparently the people that died were from 115 different nations.
Old 11 September 2009, 08:48 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Well if you lived in America and your whole family were killed because of this, would you feel something then? Or would you not be bothered because you dislike the way your country does things?
Thats a bit of an idiotic question, if my family where involved ofcourse i would feel something towards it, any sensible person would.

How do the American public who openly gave donations to the IRA feel about the soldiers and generally public of Northern ireland that were murdered thanks their funding of weapons?

Last edited by Jamz3k; 11 September 2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11 September 2009, 08:52 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot
Indeed. Apparently the people that died were from 115 different nations.
What difference does that make?
Old 11 September 2009, 08:56 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Thats a bit of an idiotic question, if my family where involved ofcourse i would feel something towards it, any sensible person would.

How do the American public who openly gave donations to the IRA feel about the soldiers and generally public of Northern ireland that were murdered thanks their funding of weapons?
That was a perfectly sensible question to ask. So you are assuming everyone killed supported the IRA? Why even bring that into it? What I can't understand is how you can't feel compassion towards innocent people losing their life in what must have been sheer terror.
Old 11 September 2009, 09:06 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

What difference does that make?
The point I was making was that it wasn't just Americans affected by this, but people and families all over the world.
Old 11 September 2009, 09:07 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Copied this off another board, long but worth reading.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi gang,

So it's been 8 years. On sept 11, 2001, i was on my third year employed with the F.D.N.Y., my fire house is in brooklyn nyc. It is a day or the next 4 months i will never forgot, no matter how hard i try sometimes.There were 4 of us, me, john, danny and bobby, we had to take a chief car who was out on vacation ( not disney either,) since all the other rigs were already on the way there and we arrived seconds after the first tower collpased. Instead of all the bad, horror these eyes have seen working rescue and recovery at ground zero, i like to tell you about all the good that went on.

First off, we were a family down there, police,fire,ems,iron workers and everyone else. Manhattan was closed in or out to any and all traffic except emergency vechiles. Poland spring had 3 trucks stuck in the city and sent them to ground zero and unloaded 3 trucks filled with water for us. Gatorade sent a truck filled with drinks as well. Coke and pepsi and dr pepper and others did the same.Some company sent over 100 flashlights, ready to go with the battires installed. Timberland sent a few dozen pair of boots and other companys followed with boots, clothes, first aid supplys. Anything you can think of that we needed starting to show up.

Around 3 pm, we took a break and a walk to try to find some food, we rounded a corner and there was a line of people 4 blocks long. I was'nt sure why or who they were, but soon found out. This line streched into beakman hospital and they were people of every background just there to donate blood. To do thier part. It was amazing. I heard this was the seen at every hospital in every boro of nyc and other states as well. We never found any food, every one has closed shop and left the city.

It did'nt matter, around 5 or 6 pm outback steakhouse sent over about 100 bags of food, as well did mc donalds, burger king, kfc,applebees,t.g.i.f's and a few other local chains. It was already cold, but the best food i even ever had, maybe because i was hungry. Around 9 pm, a huge group of peole began to assemble on the west side highway, everytime we walk in or out or any emergency vechile would pull in or out, they would clap and cheer, it was louder that being at a sports stadium. It brought tears to our eyes.It was amazing and after feeling defeated and depressed it gave us the strenght to go in the pile for a few more hours.

A few days later firefighters, medics, police and others began to show up from all over the world. I met a few from, brazil, turkey, italy, japan- they were'nt being paid they were just there to help, and they became part of the ground zero family too. I remember tractor trailers would show up packed to the gills with supplys for us from all over the country and some from other countrys too. Letters from school children began to arrive by the hundreds, after a month thier had to be millions of letters from people everywhere in the world.

We ( me, john,bobby,danny) were permantly assigned to ground zero for 4 months. The chief came back from vacation and discovered that his car had been found crushed at ground zero, he tried to find out how it got there, but to this day no one knows.

This one no one seems to know, but wanna know how cool disney is?? In april 2002, Walt disney world released the hero's getaway package. It was for any member of the FDNY, EMS,NYPD,PAPD , it was free park tickets for the lenght of your stay and a 50% off hotel rate at disneyworld. I could'nt go, but i watched some of my guys leave looking drained and return with smiles, something i had not see them do since that day.

I returned home on the 13th, parked my car still in uniform and walked over to my house. Two neighbors ran and hugged me, they had'nt seen my car or me and thought i too had died. Then they looked at me strangly. I was gray from all the dust and both my hands were covered in blood. I had been digging in the pile so long, i had worn away most of the skin on my finger tips and knuckles, i did'nt know it until they pointed it out.

I walked into my house and dw slapped me in the face, grabbed me and hugged me so tight i could'nt breathe and began crying. I bumped into my cousin at groud zero also fdny, he was going back to his fire house for supplys and assured me that he would call my family and let them know i was ok. He called his parents but with that days events, forgot to tell them to call my parents and my wife. My wife called FDNY headquaters so many times, they listed me as offically missing. My family thought i was gone forever. You should have seen the red tape i had to go to to prove to them i was'nt missing and ok.

Me and bobby still talk, he has since transfered to another fire house and is doing fine, with 2 little boys and one more on the way in dec. John, isn't doing so well. I went to visit him at his home in staten island about 3 years ago, i wish i had'nt. He now is on home oxygen 24 hours a day, turns blue if he tries to walk and coughs up fiber glass and rocks or concrete. Last i heard he is confined to his bed as he can't get enought oxygen into his blood to walk. Then there is danny, a few months after 9/11 danny wrote a letter about all that we saw down there. He said that he could'nt get the bad visions out of his memory and could'nt seem from the nightmares. He put a loaded shot gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger, he was 28.

His death was not the first sucide or the last linking the sept 11 attacks. His dad found him and from what we heard has moved out of nyc and just given up on life, somewhere in arizona.

I'm no hero, the heros were lost on 9/11, i just wanted you to see the good that came out of evil on that day and the days and months after. Live for today cause you really never know what tomorrow holds for any of us.

Thank you all for everything you did to help us thru that day, even your prayers were felt by us.

Mr. FDNY

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little compassion might be nice eh, Jamz3k.
Old 11 September 2009, 09:08 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by uk300scoob

think was just under 3000 people, my thoughts go out to the familys and friends of those inocent people whos were ripped off in my intercooler scam
Old 11 September 2009, 09:10 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

i think what Jamz3k means is that he finds it difficult to buy into the "razzaamataz" surrounding the whole event -- the americans seem to feel they have a monoply on grief

the aftermath of which has caused, I dont know, but maybe 500,000 innocent men women and childrens deaths

every death is a tradegy -- a trite phrase but true, I find the images of the burning towers difficult to watch, knowing what horror may have lead people to jump

but I have the same feelings looking at the images of carnage in the middle east

i find it impossible to put different values on a human life

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 11 September 2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11 September 2009, 09:12 PM
Norman D. Landings
Scooby Regular

You should have stopped there to be honest. I just thought you were a ****. Now I think you're a disturbingly attention seeking **** which means you could actualy turn out to be somebody who feels no emotion when presented with the dying throes of other human beings.

If I remember psychology 101 that roughly describes a psychopath.

Last edited by Norman D. Landings; 11 September 2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11 September 2009, 09:14 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

That was a perfectly sensible question to ask. So you are assuming everyone killed supported the IRA? Why even bring that into it? What I can't understand is how you can't feel compassion towards innocent people losing their life in what must have been sheer terror.
No, it was an idiotic question, you are trying to evoke a personally emotional response when i don't have one to the situation as I have pointed out twice.

Again you are making the assumption not me that everyone killed supported the IRA but then again how many actually did? America has done alot of gruesome atrocities throughout its history is this not an act of Karma against the American Nation?

I once felt compassion, i lost it about 2/3years ago.
Old 11 September 2009, 09:20 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
i think what Jamz3k means is that he finds it difficult to buy into the "razzaamataz" surrounding the whole event -- the americans seem to feel they have a monoply on grief
Exactly. It got boring and boredum turned to plot hole picking and then to absolutely nothing. When I think 9/11, I think of the film World Trade Centre.
Old 11 September 2009, 09:25 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Jamz3k - You may have lost compassion but a lot of other people haven't. As you have stated you feel "no pitty or sorrow or any emotion", kindly stop posting any comments on this thread out of respect for those of us who DO feel pity, sorrow and compassion.

I'll assume that if you continue to post then you have no respect either and that would be doubly sad.
Norman D. Landings
Scooby Regular

Exactly. It got boring
Jesus Quentin Christ on a bike .....
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

No, it was an idiotic question, you are trying to evoke a personally emotional response when i don't have one to the situation as I have pointed out twice.

Again you are making the assumption not me that everyone killed supported the IRA but then again how many actually did? America has done alot of gruesome atrocities throughout its history is this not an act of Karma against the American Nation?

I once felt compassion, i lost it about 2/3years ago.
Karma, the IRA...none of them have anything to do with what I was talking about. You've simply brought this all up to justify your lack of emotion. Why would I be bothered about Karma? I feel terrible for the individual people who lost their lives and no I do not think it was deserved somehow. You can't tar all Americans with the same brush in the same way you can't group these extremists together with mainstream Muslim religion.
Old 11 September 2009, 09:34 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jods
Jamz3k - You may have lost compassion but a lot of other people haven't. As you have stated you feel "no pitty or sorrow or any emotion", kindly stop posting any comments on this thread out of respect for those of us who DO feel pity, sorrow and compassion.

I'll assume that if you continue to post then you have no respect either and that would be doubly sad.
I am replying to GlesgaKiss, as he is asking me questions on my view Jods, once he stops questioning and trying to get reason for my views I will stop replying. It has nothing to do with respect.

Karma, the IRA...none of them have anything to do with what I was talking about. You've simply brought this all up to justify your lack of emotion. Why would I be bothered about Karma? I feel terrible for the individual people who lost their lives and no I do not think it was deserved somehow. You can't tar all Americans with the same brush in the same way you can't group these extremists together with mainstream Muslim religion.
I personally don't feel that we are getting anywhere GlesgaKiss, why keep questioning me when my original post was short and to the point, i didn't wish to give reason but you clearly seem to want it. I can give you endless lists of justification on *why* I don't feel anything for 9/11 but that is all they are justifications and not the real reasons but you seemed to want a bone to play with, i've given you it.

I would like to point out that you are the one who brought northern ireland into it, i just expanded on that with adding in the IRA.
Old 11 September 2009, 09:39 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

That's fair enough then, I was just curious. My name's Alan.

I didn't mention NI anywhere btw.

Quick Reply: 9/11 attacks... 8 years ago today