Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

School Reunions ?

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2009, 09:28 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default School Reunions ?

Ever been to one, there is an unofficial one tomorrow so need to lose two stone, get dead buff, make a million quid and do some really cool stuff with which to impress people by tomorrow !

Any ideas ?

Anyone go to the Kingsway school in Cheadle ?
Old 10 September 2009, 09:34 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

I've only been out of school 7years now but they had one recently. I didn't go.....I left school and forgot about the majority of people in my class....why would I want to meet up with a bunch of people I haven't been bothered to stay in contact with?

Which leads me on to people who add you on facebook/bebo because you went to school with them or if your getting public transport, they sit beside you and start conversations even though you have your headphones in and are clearly reading a book. ****ing ******* in my humble opinion.
Old 10 September 2009, 10:24 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to mine about 2 months ago, 25 years since I left school

It was a great night, had a really good laugh, recognised most people too LOL, there was even talk about making it a yearly event too it was such a success

I guess it largely depends on how you got on with folk when you were at school, ours had a reasonable turnout considering how many of them have moved away now

Quite interesting to see how everyone had turned out and what they had done with their lives too

7 years is nowhere near long enough for a reunion imho
Old 10 September 2009, 11:26 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Just like old times eh, bugger, dont want beating up and my head sticking down the bog !
Old 11 September 2009, 09:01 AM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

I left school in 88, so 21 years ago. I left the gates for the last time, deciding I never want to see anyone again :-) Took me 21 years to meet up with my old school buddies and did so a few weeks ago for a reunion.

What shocked me was that in your mind, you still remember people / friends as they were back when you were all 16/17, so when you see them again, what a shock. Also, girls do not age as well as men ! Fact ! All the guys just looked older, more male, where as the girls, god......... rough.

If you do go, get ready for the "Ive done so well", "Made millions" crap talk. Everyone is suddenly successful, suddenly so important.

Amazing how the old issues / grudges you had in school, come flooding back. Couple of the blokes that turned up, I could of quite easily smacked, and were still the over loud, gobble ****es.

Reunions are worthwhile, if only to decide you will never do one again.

SBK

Last edited by Simon K; 11 September 2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11 September 2009, 12:28 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

im not going to bother mate,
andreas not going as well
Old 11 September 2009, 01:13 PM
zeuss
Scooby Regular

22 years since i went to school and we had a reunion a few mnths ago was excited prior but had some concerns on the "attending" list as some of them i didnt get on with at school - thought i would go be mature about and have a good night and in fact sat there all night thinking they all talkin crap about thier perfect lives perfect husbands big car and good job. Did find a cpl people i used to have a laugh with we sneaked off to local pub and got hammered. Wouldnt go an another
Old 11 September 2009, 02:49 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Its usually good for a laugh to meet people from back then and to remember the fun you used to have trying to outwit teachers etc. I still have one or two friends from those days and we enjoy chatting about old times. You can always pick the friends you want to keep in touch with anyway.

Les
Old 11 September 2009, 06:23 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

The funny thing was at our reunion not one person boasted, gloated etc about anything they had done, how much money they had made, in fact if anything quite the opposite

Simon K was right though, the blokes just looked a bit older etc, and the women well I thought they were all in widescreen LOL
Old 11 September 2009, 06:39 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate
im not going to bother mate,
andreas not going as well
That's a shame - You should pop in - If it's **** - Leave. What have you lost?
Old 11 September 2009, 06:48 PM
Will
BANNED

There is no point in one of them for me and my old class mates, because the village where

i live is so small we get a reunion everyday when we pass each other in the street :lol!:
Old 11 September 2009, 07:55 PM
David_Dickson
Scooby Regular

I havent been to one for my own school, but I went to one with my then girlfriend. It was a 10 year reunion.
It was strange - as an outsider to it all, I didnt know who the cool kids were, who the geeks were etc, so much of it was over my head. However, there was a very unpleasent undercurrent of bitchyness and one-upmanship throughout the whole evening.
It was all a bit "how much do you earn?... oh I made xxxx in bonus last year...pah, I dont get out of bed for less than xxxxx" etc etc etc. The highlights of the night were when some guy who had turned up in an Audi S4 and supposedly earned 6 figures working for some ad agency was "outed" as being a supervisor in Tesco, and later confessed to renting the car for the night. Then as we were leaving, a shrill voice called out as a handbag fight started "yeah...well at least I didnt suck off Mr xxxx in the gym changing rooms."
Old 11 September 2009, 07:59 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Originally Posted by Sonic'
The funny thing was at our reunion not one person boasted, gloated etc about anything they had done, how much money they had made, in fact if anything quite the opposite

Simon K was right though, the blokes just looked a bit older etc, and the women well I thought they were all in widescreen LOL

i can relate to this too !!!
reunion a few months ago, first one since 1985 !!!

funny night though... i just got pi55ed up with 2 of me old mates, had a few photos done and then zigzagged home!!!

blokes age better than women, thats for sure (and no im not turning ghey!!)