Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

There goes my vote for the Tories, then.

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2009, 04:26 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default There goes my vote for the Tories, then.

If they come outy and support this idiot: Davis calls for more Afghan troops - News - Virgin Media
Old 06 September 2009, 10:56 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Save yourself the bother on polling day mate. They are all the same breed. Greedy, self serving and only interested in one thing.... lining their own pockets. They will say anything to get elected and will deliever nothing.

Same ****, different coloured rosette.

Stay at home and have a drink, will be just as effective as voting for any of these idiots.
Old 07 September 2009, 07:58 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Save yourself the bother on polling day mate. They are all the same breed. Greedy, self serving and only interested in one thing.... lining their own pockets. They will say anything to get elected and will deliever nothing.

Same ****, different coloured rosette.

Stay at home and have a drink, will be just as effective as voting for any of these idiots.
"A cynical head on such young shoulders is not a pretty sight!"
Quote Dot Cotton - Eastenders.
Unfortunately you are quite right, although you forgot to mention the complete farce that is the British electoral system.
Old 07 September 2009, 08:09 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

You've got to understand, all these troops wont be employed on the front line. The more Afghan Army we train, the quicker we can get out. Lots of our military are being used as trainers for Afghan recruits.
Old 07 September 2009, 12:00 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tanyatriangles
If they come outy and support this idiot: Davis calls for more Afghan troops - News - Virgin Media
It depends on what your view is of the war in Afghanistan. If you think we should follow the example of all those previous attempts to subjugate them then you would not agree with sending more troops of course.

If on the other hand you feel that the war should be won at all costs, then the only possible way which might succeed is to send far more troops to overcome the rebels, although it probably still won't!

David Davis was not being a fool to say what he did, he was offering a possible solution rather than what is going on now which is never going to work.

I think it is a source of shame that our troops are being sent out to fight a war under the conditions this scurrilous government expects them to. They are no better than the useless generals who were ordering the troops over the top to certain death from the trenches in the hopes they might gain a few yards in the first World War. Treating your troops as cannon fodder is a sure way to failure.

Les
Old 07 September 2009, 12:51 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

I think what David davies said makes a lot of sense

I agree with him that, if things carry on as they are, public opinion back home will cause the Yanks to withdraw, the Muslim hardliners will gain the upper hand again, and all our tropps who have died out there will have died in vain

Alternatively, if we start to withdraw now, leaving the training of the Afghan army in the hands of the mighty US military machine things are likely to turn to **** even quicker
Old 07 September 2009, 01:26 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
I think what David davies said makes a lot of sense

I agree with him that, if things carry on as they are, public opinion back home will cause the Yanks to withdraw, the Muslim hardliners will gain the upper hand again, and all our tropps who have died out there will have died in vain

Alternatively, if we start to withdraw now, leaving the training of the Afghan army in the hands of the mighty US military machine things are likely to turn to **** even quicker
Sadly i fee that this is corrct as well.

Shame but we are commited to afghanistan, to do it right and staty until then or the fallout could be a lot worse for all...