Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Who's been AA relayed further than me due to a Vectra

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2002, 09:01 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Years ago - Vectra died in pub car park (In HULL) just as we turned up for Sunday Lunch (approx 12:00) - AA Turn up and advise we'll need to be relayed home - which was Cruden Bay in Aberdeenshire (30 miles NORTH of ABERDEEN ).

Got home at approx 03:00

Is this a record ?
Old 12 March 2002, 12:29 AM
scoob_dood
Scooby Regular

When I was at Uni in Portsmouth a mate came down from Derbyshire for the weekend in his Nova (!). En route to Portsmouth he joined the RAC at a service stop.

4 days later he is leaving Portsmouth, well he would have been had the car not been completely dead! He got towed (iirc) all the way back Derbyshire, about 230 miles!

- Jon
Old 12 March 2002, 09:04 AM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

I quite often end up working away from home in the week, like I am at the moment..

A while back I was working near Preston and living in Kent..
I left one Monday morning at the usual 4am.. I got as far as Milton Keynes when the cambelt snapped in the outside lane at *cough* mph....
I eventually got towed home and got home at 12:30! at a guess about a 130mile tow.
I then had some lunch and got on the motorcycle to continue the journey.. even though it was snowing... doh..
Car got fixed at the local garage.. just for the price of the cambelt and the labour as Toyota did their "does just as it says on the tin" job with the engine.. they said it was a non-contact engine and they were right. Pretty good for a Turbo engine, don't fancy doing the same thing on my Scooby though.

JGM
Old 12 March 2002, 09:08 AM
jon hill
Scooby Regular

mmm... i reckon that my wife can win this one

while she was a student she took her fiat 500 on a trip round Europe. It broke down in the Alps (prop shaft bolts fell out...) the car was relayed back firstly to Kent where she lived, then up to Newcastle where there was a garage that could do something with it

must be past 1000 miles
Old 03 November 2002, 11:12 PM
JohnBarnesAndHisGloves
Scooby Regular

Wink

How many miles is that? I did a goodun b4......

I managed from west gloucestershire to maldon, essex (lil further than southend) a year ago!
The car was broke before i left the house (VERY broken, inc 2pistons, 4valves, n slightly cracked block! but kinda ran, kinda), well, i blew it up over a month before!
I didnt have homestart, so at 6am i "drove" (slowly hobbled) 1/2mile out into the countryside, called the AA, n pretended i was "on my way" to Southend "to stay for a bit" when it "suddenly blew up!"
Worked fine, AA man said he liked the long jobs as its easy n takes up all his shift.

Do it, why pay loads to get ur broke scooby transported to a tuner at the other end of country? Jus park it over 1/4mile away from your home n call the AA!

JBAHG

[Edited by JohnBarnesAndHisGloves - 3/12/2002 12:32:58 AM]