Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Damn soap dodging swampies!

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2009, 09:57 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Damn soap dodging swampies!

So now they're going to invade a power station to stop it emitting pollution. What the f*** happens if it suddenly has to shut down? No power to hospitals, telecoms, refridgeration, nothing. Whats that going to cost in money and lives?!

This is getting beyond a joke. I'm not normally one to ban things, but as far as I'm concerned trying to take a power station offline should be regarded as a terrorist act. Just get the army out and shot the f******

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Power station 'invasion' planned
Old 31 August 2009, 10:00 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Same crowd that keep closing down airports? They walk away with a slap on the wrist I'm afraid. The law is an ***.
Old 31 August 2009, 10:12 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can see the sentiment in what they want to do, but shutting down power stations will acheive nothing, if they did manage it for all power stations then it would simply take the country back to the dark ages, kill a lot of people and cause anarchy

If they want to help, they need to concentrate on developing a power source so compelling it renders coal, oil and nuclear redundant, however I think they have a lot of high ideals and like causing agro but no actual talent or point, I think a lot of them are too lazy or clueless to get jobs so need a cause to latch onto.

Its a good job that most of the population arent like this lot, sat around planning to cause disruption from their eco homes, built from recycled crap in a forest somewhere, then in a few years when they are normal they look back on it with slight embarassment to see what ***** they were, of course a few perpetual hippies carry it on.
Old 31 August 2009, 10:33 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

A statement released by Climate Camp said thousands of people would "descend on the "E.On plant by land, water and air"

Are these lot the Royal Marines of Climate Camp.. I Love Coal
Old 31 August 2009, 10:36 AM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

We should get the Army to guard it and then shoot them if the try to get in,,,,,,,,,f*ck it shoot them if they turn up
Old 31 August 2009, 11:27 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I suppose its something to pass the time really!

Les
Old 31 August 2009, 11:51 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by DYK
A statement released by Climate Camp said thousands of people would "descend on the "E.On plant by land, water and air"

Are these lot the Royal Marines of Climate Camp.. I Love Coal

I thought their sort was against air travel....
Old 31 August 2009, 12:06 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
I thought their sort was against air travel....

They probably have an Air Assault leader named Icarus,and will descend down on us with wings made from melted candle wax and Bird Feathers
Old 31 August 2009, 12:07 PM
bodgeit
BANNED

So wot if they (temperarerley) close it down, their making life hard fer the powers that be..I say good luck to em AT LEAST THEY GET OFF THEIR F**KIN ***** AND DOING SOMETIHNG as opposed to JUST bitchin on a forum about thievin petro chemical companies/governments. An as fer a dumb coment about hospitals not having any power WTF.... (the same crap was said when the oil refineres were blocked by wagon drivers a few years back) I can only assume your a manager for E-on or a crooked MP or someone who cant think for himself tryin to discredit people who are tryin to hold big corperations to account and to make this ****ry a better place. Sad thing is you've got yerself some supporters who also need to pull their head outta their **** and start to learn how to THINK FOR THEMSELVES.
Old 31 August 2009, 12:22 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bodgeit
So wot if they (temperarerley) close it down, their making life hard fer the powers that be..I say good luck to em AT LEAST THEY GET OFF THEIR F**KIN ***** AND DOING SOMETIHNG as opposed to JUST bitchin on a forum about thievin petro chemical companies/governments. An as fer a dumb coment about hospitals not having any power WTF.... (the same crap was said when the oil refineres were blocked by wagon drivers a few years back) I can only assume your a manager for E-on or a crooked MP or someone who cant think for himself tryin to discredit people who are tryin to hold big corperations to account and to make this ****ry a better place. Sad thing is you've got yerself some supporters who also need to pull their head outta their **** and start to learn how to THINK FOR THEMSELVES.

Calm down Icarus have a cup of herbal tea and chew on some berries
Old 31 August 2009, 12:38 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Go and have a cold shower.
Old 31 August 2009, 01:27 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

You really are challenged
Old 31 August 2009, 01:48 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Tree Hugger
Old 31 August 2009, 01:56 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Like most of the people turning up to that can think for themselves they can't even wash themselves.

There is a correct way to protest and this isn't one of them, so go give your head a shake and think for yourself instead of following Spider and Toya Battersby around

Last edited by Aaron1978; 31 August 2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 31 August 2009, 02:13 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have full support for them. I mean, there is such obvious proof of 'climate change' caused by man...

Last edited by GlesgaKiss; 31 August 2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 31 August 2009, 02:15 PM
m18use
Scooby Regular

Wink

Oh dear lol ,have you gone mad
Cant wait for reply im bored
Old 31 August 2009, 02:19 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
No. They're making life hard for everybody who relies on power from that station. That could be you ....

Dave
Doesn't work like that. Every power station is fed into the national grid, so that if one goes down, all the others slightly INCREASE their output, and nothing else happens.
Old 31 August 2009, 02:44 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

not even a group of double hard special forces could get into the control room of a power station so what chances do a few hermits have? none
Old 31 August 2009, 03:27 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

What boils my **** about these idiots is that they do nothing but protest. What we currently use to generate power is probably not the latest most eco-friendly solution out there, but at the minute it is all we have.

it is always easy to stand there and say no about something or disagee with something, but you will be viewed in a much more credible light, if you have a good, viable alternative solution on offer to back up your justification for protesting.
Old 31 August 2009, 03:30 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Same crowd that keep closing down airports? They walk away with a slap on the wrist I'm afraid. The law takes it in the ****.
Edited for clarity.
Old 31 August 2009, 03:42 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tarmac terror
What boils my **** about these idiots is that they do nothing but protest. What we currently use to generate power is probably not the latest most eco-friendly solution out there, but at the minute it is all we have.

it is always easy to stand there and say no about something or disagee with something, but you will be viewed in a much more credible light, if you have a good, viable alternative solution on offer to back up your justification for protesting.
Exactly. They couldn't do a f*cking thing about it themselves because most of them are lazy and useless at anything other than being a pain in the ****. They are clueless to be honest. Not plugged in. Live in the clouds.

As Warren says... even rubber bullets would do. They wouldn't be protesting for long!
Old 31 August 2009, 04:50 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Well if it is anything like their "attack" on Barclays Bank HQ, i think that we will need to order extra supplies of popcorn

Funny how they reject modern, capitalist, corporate ideals, but still want to "stock up on cans of Stella Artois and Strongbow" as a celebration

Forget the anti-riot police, they just want to ship in a few thousand gallons of elderberry wine, wait until they get bladdered and then give them pointed sticks to poke themselves in the eye with

mb
Old 31 August 2009, 05:07 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boomer
Well if it is anything like their "attack" on Barclays Bank HQ, i think that we will need to order extra supplies of popcorn

Funny how they reject modern, capitalist, corporate ideals, but still want to "stock up on cans of Stella Artois and Strongbow" as a celebration

Forget the anti-riot police, they just want to ship in a few thousand gallons of elderberry wine, wait until they get bladdered and then give them pointed sticks to poke themselves in the eye with

mb
It's worth mentioning that in that report they had littered the streets with paper. Very environmentally friendly.
Old 31 August 2009, 05:10 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boomer

mb

lol bet n power are sh1ting them selves
Old 31 August 2009, 05:51 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

I like the way it was organised 'online'. Do they have hamsters to power their pcs?
Old 31 August 2009, 07:02 PM
bodgeit
BANNED

Capitalists Eh! so, NOBODY will be complainin about the price of petrol/diesel then!
Old 31 August 2009, 07:17 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Capitalists yes, but it doesnt mean we dont want it available at all, I am quite eco friendly, I ride a pushbike most of the time, recycle and generally try to be responsible but these arseholes get on my crack.