Benefit Busters C4 9PM Thursdays

Search this Thread

Old 28 August 2009, 01:21 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Benefit Busters C4 9PM Thursdays

Or Sky Channel 135 C4+1 10PM

Nice to see one bloke getting a job that quadrupled his "Income" after coming off the "Rock 'n' Roll" he even offered to take his woman (Debbie)out for a meal but she settled for a £15 takeaway on the Friday night.
Set meal for two, Pair of shoes and some hair dye - The bloke was made up - GOOD FOR HIM. I think the shoes and dye were for Debbie though

Compare that to the lazy ****** who said "There's no point going for an interview...The woman keeps going on and on about getting a job, there's no point" Cut his benefit off in terms of cash - give him tokens for a central soup kitchen.

There we go - Set up regional food distribution centres.
First off - scrap health and safety legislation that barred supermarkets from donating food to charitable causes because something might have "Just" hit its use by date - that's Criminal in my book. I've eaten food from my fridge that is several days over the eat by date and it hasn't killed me yet.

Crap - Just saw that the bloke who got the job and bought Debbie a takeaway, pair of shoes and hair dye has just been given a weeks notice.

Poor ******.

Old 28 August 2009, 07:41 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jods
Or Sky Channel 135 C4+1 10PM

Nice to see one bloke getting a job that quadrupled his "Income" after coming off the "Rock 'n' Roll" he even offered to take his woman (Debbie)out for a meal but she settled for a £15 takeaway on the Friday night.
Set meal for two, Pair of shoes and some hair dye - The bloke was made up - GOOD FOR HIM. I think the shoes and dye were for Debbie though

Compare that to the lazy ****** who said "There's no point going for an interview...The woman keeps going on and on about getting a job, there's no point" Cut his benefit off in terms of cash - give him tokens for a central soup kitchen.

There we go - Set up regional food distribution centres.
First off - scrap health and safety legislation that barred supermarkets from donating food to charitable causes because something might have "Just" hit its use by date - that's Criminal in my book. I've eaten food from my fridge that is several days over the eat by date and it hasn't killed me yet.

Crap - Just saw that the bloke who got the job and bought Debbie a takeaway, pair of shoes and hair dye has just been given a weeks notice.

Poor ******.

I felt sorry for that guy re. the landscapeists job last night. He was genuinely made up, but how come it took 10 years to get something like that? Was A4e not around during those 10 years? In his defence though he was ashamed and had some kind of self discipline from the Army.

That other guy though @ 21 with the 5 year old daughter... does he not realise the difference between a full time/part time job and a temporary/permanent job You have to take some risks in life... whats the worst that would happen? You take a job, it's only lasts 4 weeks then dries up? Ok so you re enter your claim for you benefits and try again.

I agree with what the general concensous of the recruiters was - folk get too comfortable on knowing the benefits is reletively (sp) risk free. Good job I don't have kids otherwise I may have slipped into the same scenario.

Anywho, I can proudly say, I have to go now, as I'm off to work
Old 28 August 2009, 11:26 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Felt a bit sorry for the landscape bloke, but i suspect he probably messed up a bit at work and they wanted rid of him, to me he seamed to have a bit of a problem with himself.

"Dont wanna do that, Dont wanna do this"

I reckon he probably got a bit arsey about doing some boring task, and had a little hissy fit, hence why he has gone, probably thought he was going to be doing top level landscaping all the time and not just carrying binbags full of dog turd to the van.

he would have been thinking "i`m better then this, i should not be doing this" here is some advice for you mate, your a feckin BUM, you have to do what you can to make money because you`re (for tel ) an unproven mong, suck it up pusscakes and get the hell on with it.

Besides, his missus should not be complaining either, she was unemployed as well.

You either want a job or you don't, all them lazy *******s sitting around, complaining about not having any cash and turning down jobs they don't fancy really winds me up, get a job, ANY job, bring in some money while looking for another one, it looks better on the CV and it keeps you motivated.

Our lasses mother got with one of these types, liked to blame the fact that he has no job because the immigrants took them all, they took every single job in the world and nothing is left for him he is a lazy, dole scrounging *****.

Last edited by StickyMicky; 28 August 2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 28 August 2009, 11:50 AM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

I have been watching the series so far and it has confirmed the Fact ,it is too comfortable for too many ******* to sit on their ***** and not work ,and receive handouts .
To55ers Im afraid .

One woman was offered a job and said she could not take it because her and her four children would be worse off .FFS .

Get these lazy ,scum ,cleaning the streets for their Benefit money .!!!!!
Old 28 August 2009, 12:02 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Channel 4 on demand is your friend
Old 28 August 2009, 12:12 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I can't believe there are people out there who would cut their fingers of to get dla
Old 28 August 2009, 12:21 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

As an ex-resident of a pleasant suburb of Hull....

You just have no comprehension of what having virtually no "decent" jobs for 10's of thousands of people like him does to the area. Vast tracts of council estates are locked into the cycle of "breed and bust".

If you take a poorly paid job on a temporary basis, you are then skint for three weeks whilst they sort you out.... Try that twice a year just for fun.

I now work in an even more socially challenged area of South Leeds and the mere mention of the estate will get you "bounced" at a job interview.

As a favour my boss took on a failing pupil at a school, who wouldn't hoover or mop because he didn't want to.... 10 minutes of window cleaning and he gave up.

If this country wants to stop their benefit trap lifestyle it has to provide real jobs.

WTF use is a zero hours contract FFS.

Having said that I'd love to do a four day week !

Rant over.

dunx

P.S. Dumping 1 million "illegals" would get them off their backsides IF you could offer a REAL job, not some £3 x 100 hours a week sweatshop lifestyle.

Last edited by dunx; 28 August 2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old 28 August 2009, 01:24 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx

As a favour my boss took on a failing pupil at a school, who wouldn't hoover or mop because he didn't want to.... 10 minutes of window cleaning and he gave up.

I once had an old guy turn up asking for work for his son, he used to work at a handwash and needed some full time hours, i needed a man, so i told the old guy that his son should call in for a chat on saturday morning, the chap turned up about an hour later (reeking of booze and at 35 years of age ) anyway, against my better judgement, i put it down to him being rather keen, so forgave the fact that he had been on the tipple, and offered him a start on the following saturday, took his details, called my accountant and ordered up his uniform, i told him my second man would be opening up at 8am, and that he was due to start at 10.30am

I was running a bit late on that morning due to traffic, the chap turned up around 10am, so nice and early, had a bit of a chat with the second man and watched him work, about 3 mins before i even turned up on the site, the chap said "fu*k this i am not doing that?!?", walked into the office, used the phone to call somebody and then walked off the site towards the bus stop

The second man was completely dumbfounded when i arrived a few mins later, it was not until we reviewed the footage on the cctv we even noticed he had used the phone

Once bitten, twice shy!

Any old blokes arriving now asking for work for a son, i will not be wasting as much time with them
Old 28 August 2009, 01:43 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Before 2002 when the Portugese gained the right to work here we had trouble getting enough staff and were forced to take on some right brain donors.
One guy came in 3 hours late because he "forgot wot time he started" spent 3 hours moaning that he could be at home now smoking weed and playing playstation, then never came back after break

and this wasn't some minimum wage job, he would have been on £20k after his 3 month trial period.

Another guy lasted little more than a week because he needed 3 litres of cider to get him through the day

and one of the nvq's ended up stabbing someone in the arsehole..the list goes on and on
Old 28 August 2009, 02:00 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

PMSL

In my last job i was getting paid around 20k with plenty of over time available, it was making nissan micra seats, anyway, a new agency was brought in to fill new positions as the old one was struggling to find anybody (used them all up by the sounds of it)

The new agency initially brought in the very cream of the crop, hard working, most of them got permanent positions, the quality started dropping over time, until we met "Eric"

We called him "Eric the viking" as he looked like one

Eric was not even 1/4 of the way up to the kinds of standard that were required, and only lasted 3 days, on his 3rd day, he got a little bit tired, stopped his machine and went to the canteen for his own little break

The supervisor later told me he was in the canteen having a supervisor meeting and could not believe his eyes when Eric walked in, nodded to the group of gaffers and said "All right lads" then bought himelf a can of coke
Old 28 August 2009, 02:45 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I'll agree with a lot of what has been said above about some ppl being lazy. However, most of the people here have probably not had to deal with being at the bottom of the barrel and been jobless for some time.

Once you have met a few people like that, and then seen what employers are allowed to do to them, you may change your tune slightly. Zero hour contracts are horrendous. If you accept one you are technically employed, and being employed you are not entitled to benefits. Add in to that equation that your employer does not have to pay you and you can rapidly find yourself in a situation where you have no money. If you quit your zero hour contract then you have walked away from your "employment" and are still not entitled to any money. There is huge risk taking a contract like that.

The benefits system is a strange one, and does not always work in the way that you think it should. My ex was working for a company (v large, v well known). They decided that they no longer required her services and told her to go home, and stopped paying her. They would not, however, be bothered to provide any of this in writing (she pissed off her boss). She was therefore not entitled to benefit as she was technically employed. She was not being paid, but arguably should have been receiving wages. As she was technically employed she was not entitled to legal aid, and did not have the money necessary to sue her employer for her wages. Even if she did have the funds to sue, it would have taken many months to get legal redress and clarification of her employment status

All the free legal advice we got basically said she was trapped. Her "employer" was allowed to take reaonable time to inform her of her change of cirumcstances. In the end it took nearly 6 months before benefits people would accept she had no income and would allow her to start a claim. Eventually she got the cash she was entitled to, but it was an awful time for her to live through, and required loans from other people to get through. Imagine starting from nothing, just about surviving on benefits and then being thrown into a situation like that!

A more flexible benefits system is what is required. People should never be afraid of taking a job. The safety net should always be there, ESPECIALLY for those who are trying to get themselves out of the mess they are in. None of this xx weeks, or xx months crap to start up your money again if it all goes **** up.

Last edited by Luminous; 28 August 2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 28 August 2009, 03:13 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Well I am day 4 of being unemployed and can see how easy it could be to lose that work mentality. I get up at 6 am every day do the washing, go for a run then hit the gym when it opens at 8.
I'm one of those people who get incredibly depressed sitting around doing nowt every day and having suffered depression a few years back I do not want to go down that route again.

I do have a job interview on the 3rd of september though so hopefully I'll be back at work before I even apply for job seekers allowance, I bet the bloke at the job centre will go into cardiac arrest with shock if I tell him I wont be needing to claim as I have already found another job
Old 28 August 2009, 05:24 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
I'll agree with a lot of what has been said above about some ppl being lazy. However, most of the people here have probably not had to deal with being at the bottom of the barrel and been jobless for some time.

Once you have met a few people like that, and then seen what employers are allowed to do to them, you may change your tune slightly. Zero hour contracts are horrendous. If you accept one you are technically employed, and being employed you are not entitled to benefits. Add in to that equation that your employer does not have to pay you and you can rapidly find yourself in a situation where you have no money. If you quit your zero hour contract then you have walked away from your "employment" and are still not entitled to any money. There is huge risk taking a contract like that.

The benefits system is a strange one, and does not always work in the way that you think it should. My ex was working for a company (v large, v well known). They decided that they no longer required her services and told her to go home, and stopped paying her. They would not, however, be bothered to provide any of this in writing (she pissed off her boss). She was therefore not entitled to benefit as she was technically employed. She was not being paid, but arguably should have been receiving wages. As she was technically employed she was not entitled to legal aid, and did not have the money necessary to sue her employer for her wages. Even if she did have the funds to sue, it would have taken many months to get legal redress and clarification of her employment status

All the free legal advice we got basically said she was trapped. Her "employer" was allowed to take reaonable time to inform her of her change of cirumcstances. In the end it took nearly 6 months before benefits people would accept she had no income and would allow her to start a claim. Eventually she got the cash she was entitled to, but it was an awful time for her to live through, and required loans from other people to get through. Imagine starting from nothing, just about surviving on benefits and then being thrown into a situation like that!

A more flexible benefits system is what is required. People should never be afraid of taking a job. The safety net should always be there, ESPECIALLY for those who are trying to get themselves out of the mess they are in. None of this xx weeks, or xx months crap to start up your money again if it all goes **** up.
The above is one of the best posts I have ever read on here (Having myself been "pondlife" up until very recently)
Old 28 August 2009, 05:25 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Well I am day 4 of being unemployed and can see how easy it could be to lose that work mentality. I get up at 6 am every day do the washing, go for a run then hit the gym when it opens at 8.
I'm one of those people who get incredibly depressed sitting around doing nowt every day and having suffered depression a few years back I do not want to go down that route again.

I do have a job interview on the 3rd of september though so hopefully I'll be back at work before I even apply for job seekers allowance, I bet the bloke at the job centre will go into cardiac arrest with shock if I tell him I wont be needing to claim as I have already found another job
Fingers crossed for you.
Old 28 August 2009, 06:17 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

it seems to me that the popular perception on SN is that all the unemployed are career scroungers.

Which i just can't see, as you will always get a certain percentage that don't pull their weight (think Nicolas Anelka ) - but imo most people just want to do an honest days work etc, and make a contribution to the wider society

and it seems doubly cruel that often people who find them selves out of work, often thru
terrible miss management of the country or Company are labelled as scum
Old 28 August 2009, 06:23 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dunx..

Whereabouts did you live in Hull ?? My home town

Shaun
Old 28 August 2009, 07:46 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
it seems to me that the popular perception on SN is that all the unemployed are career scroungers.
It's called ignorance.
Old 28 August 2009, 08:05 PM
JonnyFresh
Scooby Regular

When I was 18 and on the "rock and roll" I went on two of those job courses. I was genuinly looking for a job too, not like some of the people on that program that can't be arsed. lol. So it brought back some memories.
Ironic thing is though, both the places I went to closed down so chances are the people who worked there are on the dole now.
Old 28 August 2009, 09:25 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Midlife......
Dunx..

Whereabouts did you live in Hull ?? My home town

Shaun
I spend a few years in Hull. Anlaby road then Cottingham road.

Happy days down the Minerva, Peppermint Park, Zoooalogical - Ahhhhh Memories
Old 28 August 2009, 09:53 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Jods.............

that's my end of town (ish)

Ahhh.......the zoooalogical LOL I bet you were a student Hull was full of computer students when I was growing up as they had mainframe / PDP 11 and all that stuff

Shaun
Old 28 August 2009, 10:06 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

You guys really go **** up about those punters dont you?

Here in CrapvilleSouthEurope minimum wage borders 400 Euros, and when unemployment arrives (most certainly) you tend to get a little less than that......most of the time.

Of course we have those scrounger turds (brazilians) who come here work to for less (ie prostitute themselves - many time literally), then get fired and get a bit more than minimum wage off the state and when they are offered new jobs, they decline them!

So you get those basterds just sitting around all day living off crap just because they dont like working!

They have the nerve to say that we treat them badly!!

Anyway, if it makes any of you happy, I managed to get a Brazilian deported so hurray for Euro Supremacy etc etc etc whatever!

Last edited by Janspeed; 28 August 2009 at 10:11 PM. Reason: type-0 as usual
Old 28 August 2009, 10:07 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

I lived at the end of Cottingham Road, near Snuff Mill Lane and the "West Bulls" pub, a well known local landmark.... cross the road and into the Green Belt towards the railway line and it was countryside.

People who haven't seen the sheer size of the Bransholme estate have no idea of how many people are stuck in this lifestyle having never had the chance to better themselves.

At my age I chose to try West Yorkshire rather than risk ending up sliding back into this poverty trap. Even with a fair chunk of higher education to my name I struggled to find something to even vaguely challenge my intellect, I couldn't do with BAe - friend of mine ended up in the "looney bin" after a while there

I did Education Training in the early 90's ( to pay the £500 for my MTB [ Giant Escaper ] ), and they taught me Cobol and Fortran, sadly having scored around 95+% on the intake exam I missed a job teaching the course by one day.... a speccy smart **** was offered it the day before.
At least we had something (pointless ?) to do !

My pal "Darren" is paid for the maximum hours you can do and still receive your benefit, but then his boss pays him cash in hand to make up the difference, but at about minimum wage.... Trapped and if caught screwed too !

Anyway back to the "Project"

dunx

P.S. Don't get me started on pubs

Last edited by dunx; 28 August 2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 28 August 2009, 10:10 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Before 2002 when the Portugese gained the right to work here we had trouble getting enough staff and were forced to take on some right brain donors.
One guy came in 3 hours late because he "forgot wot time he started" spent 3 hours moaning that he could be at home now smoking weed and playing playstation, then never came back after break

and this wasn't some minimum wage job, he would have been on £20k after his 3 month trial period.

Another guy lasted little more than a week because he needed 3 litres of cider to get him through the day

and one of the nvq's ended up stabbing someone in the arsehole..the list goes on and on

Know what you mean......but not everyone who goes over to the UK does it to act like that, many ppl go over to actually earn enuff money to buy a house or put their kids through college back home.

Some just want to forget about Portugal since there absolutely no fecking opportunities!
Old 28 August 2009, 10:35 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

Jods.............

that's my end of town (ish)

Ahhh.......the zoooalogical LOL I bet you were a student Hull was full of computer students when I was growing up as they had mainframe / PDP 11 and all that stuff

Shaun
You bet right
Haven't been back for years, I used to go drinking with Paul Heaton - He won't remember me but I remember being in a pub when they acted out the scene that they used in a video for one of there tracks way back in the late 80's. He wasn't drinking orange juice though
YouTube - The Housemartins - Happy Hour
Old 28 August 2009, 10:54 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Jods........please don't tell me you stood outside protesting with posters about Barclays bank and South Africa !! I was the guy in the Brown hand painted mini-van (it was cheap) who tried to run you down

Dunx..

the West Bulls pub is well known

The tricky thing is I don't know how old you are.....

Bransholme Estate was a shining example of urban development that went terribly wrong, it was replicated around the country and most have been pulled down.

In Manchester they built wythenshawe...a few years earlier

Wythenshawe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Common Business Orientated Language *and* Formula Translation

were you born in Hull ?

Shaun
Old 28 August 2009, 11:12 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Wink

Jods........please don't tell me you stood outside protesting with posters about Barclays bank and South Africa !! I was the guy in the Brown hand painted mini-van (it was cheap) who tried to run you down
Fooking LMAO NO - I couldn't STAND the bleating barstewards - If I'd HAD a car when I was up there I'd have run em down myself!!

I did rattle my fair share of birds up against the back of vans in my time up there. Good job my aim was spot on or I could have ended up HGV Positive
Old 28 August 2009, 11:49 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Shaun
Old 28 August 2009, 11:56 PM
Mr-Confused
Scooby Regular

I was also chuffed for the bloke who got the landscaping job and felt gutted when he got the 1 weeks notice letter. Reminds me of being 18 and looking for work.

Next episode is looking at the claimants on sick and disability allowance. That will be fun!

Quick Reply: Benefit Busters C4 9PM Thursdays